Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

This is certainly an odd surprise. I don't feel like Superman and The Authority mix well (or The Authority and the DCU in general), but Morrison is the kind of guy who could make it work. If it is tied to Future State though, I'll pass. Future State held no interest for me. So not even Morrison could sell me on it.

It’s not really The Authority either. spoilers:
    The only Authority members and Midnighter and Apollo. The rest are OMAC, Manchester Black, Natasha Irons and Enchantress.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The only Authority members and Midnighter and Apollo. The rest are OMAC, Manchester Black, Natasha Irons and Enchantress.
    end of spoilers
    There's also a speedster at the top.

As I said in another thread, the creative team is awesome, but the absence of Authority characters that aren't Apollo and Midnighter is really disappointing.
    DC are only interested in those two and Grifter.

BANNED

end of spoilers
    I don't think that's OMAC, it might be Rampage,
    the speedster seems like The Balck Racer from the Future State backup and House of El, can't be too sure.
    I kind of understand the reasoning for this to be a Authority team.
    Steel is Engineer,
    Enchantress is Doctor,
    Manchester Black is Jenny Sparks,
    the speedster is Swift,
    all they need was Jack Hawksmoor.

Extraordinary Member

end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    There's also a speedster at the top.

As I said in another thread, the creative team is awesome, but the absence of Authority characters that aren't Apollo and Midnighter is really disappointing.
    DC are only interested in those two and Grifter.
    Wonder if it's a conscious effort to separate themselves from the Warren Ellis era, given the bad press re: Ellis.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I don't think that's OMAC, it might be Rampage
    Says OMAC though:

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

At one hand, seeing Superman team up with the Authority is weird, on the other hand, Morrison hasn't failed me when it comes to Superman, even in one of his misses Final Crisis, his writing on Superman was one of the plus sides of that event.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Superman + Morrison = Instant Buy

I'm kinda glad I still know nothing next go nothing about the Authority, so I can jump in without preconceptions.

You know I got to wonder why it was Manchester Black and not say John Constantine, doesn't Superman hate Manchester especially after the Tomasi rebirth run.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I am not a fan of, let's call it Morrison's "style" (aka inability to follow a basic story/plot structure), so I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know I got to wonder why it was Manchester Black and not say John Constantine, doesn't Superman hate Manchester especially after the Tomasi rebirth run.
    Manchester is Superman character so him being there makes sense to me. As for Constantine, he doesn't work in a team book for me at all if after 15 pages someone doesn't punch him in the face and he isn't thrown out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Manchester Black from the Elite was an homage character of Jenny Sparks from the Authority,
    hence the British accent, the cigarette, and the T-Shirt with British Flag.
    Morrison's John Constantine homage character in the Doom Patrol was Willoughby Kipling.

Constantine was just the first other dc character I could think of when looking at Manchester, thats all.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hot damn I was not expecting this, but you better believe I’m excited! Guessing this is Morrison trying to merge some of the stuff he tried to do with Superman in his Action run with DC’s plans for the character in the future. Also a redemption attempt for Morrison’s failures with Wildstorm last time.

Also Morrison writing Manchester Black is something I’ve always wanted but never thought would happen
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-23-2021 at 07:04 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

The additional speedster is the Black Racer.
    To me it is definitely clear that the Future State books were basically a prologue to this series, which would be in current continuity if the 5G thing had passed.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021