Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No, Waid made a different mistake, he had Clark quit because his viewpoint wasn't the popular opinion, like some kind of....politician.

I dunno why anyone is even worried about an authoritarian Superman in this Authority book. It's Grant Morrison writing Superman, and in all their decades writing Clark I can probably count on one hand the number of times Morrison has let me down with this character. They're considered one of the best Super writers for a damn good reason.

I've avoided just about all the news and interviews about this book so I know next to squat, but looking at the costume and title name my assumption this is picking up where our t-shirt Superman left off, back when he was arguing with the rookie League about how proactive they should be. My guess is this is the older version of that guy, and he's probably gonna throw his weight around (gods I hope so!) but authoritarian? I doubt Morrison would lower themselves to write such a thing.
    You should definitely read the interview, it’s moreso Morrison talking about how they view Superman than anything spoiler related, it’s fantastic honestly: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...interview/amp/

And yeah he flat out says it’s a spiritual sequel to their Action run.

Morrison threw some shade on the “Lois Lane dies and Superman goes evil” cliche that’s become so widespread and that’s what set off the discussion which is completely off topic for this thread at this point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Morrison threw some shade on the “Lois Lane dies and Superman goes evil” cliche that’s become so widespread and that’s what set off the discussion which is completely off topic for this thread at this point.
    Funnily enough, Morrison did write the future scenes in Rock of Ages as having Superman essentially commit suicide after having to mercy kill a Parademon'd Lois Lane. But in fairness, this was before they really started to dig into the character to write stories centered on him, and they haven't done anything like since then to either Superman or Lois. Even when Lois is put in danger in Final Crisis and the New 52 run, it's so Clark can save her.

Plus Rock of Ages didn't result in evil Superman, so we can squeak by on a technicality on that one

In Morrison's Animal Man run there was crazy not-Superman with a nuke in one issue basically complaining about how he should be main Superman version because he is "realistic". Animal Man was publishing 6 or so years before JLA. So I'd guess that Morrison by then was already aware of Superman's "problems". Besides, it was I think something like two lines of exposition to explain away why Superman doesn't exist in this dark future.

Thou it would be hilarious if someone from Injustice's developers revealed that he loved Rock of Ages and thats where he got the idea of Superman going crazy after killing Lois.

God Bellarie’s colors on Janin’s art are truly amazing to see:

Makes Janin go from “eh he’s ok, but sometimes it looks like he’s tracing models from Telltale” to “holy crap that looks good!”
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Dang, love it.

Mikel Janin makes that new look great,
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Remember how some of us were saying that Jon should have the sleek look and Clark should have the cape?

This book is gonna look amazing though.

Incredible Member

The Fortress being showered in green light. I wonder if that's supposed to be Kryptonite. Would be another Kingdom Come quotation for him to not be affected by it anymore (and even a callback to Morrison's own All Star Superman).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

God Bellarie’s colors on Janin’s art are truly amazing to see:

Makes Janin go from “eh he’s ok, but sometimes it looks like he’s tracing models from Telltale” to “holy crap that looks good!”
    Insert it's beautiful gif.

Can't wait for this book.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-slows-...iler-feedback/
    Superman & the Authority will go on sale July 20 as planned, but the other three issues of the four-issue series have been delayed. The series was originally planned to run twice-monthly, but the new schedule slows it down to monthly, with the exception of the final issue.

Superman & The Authority #1 cover (Image credit: Mikel Janín (DC))
    DC has informed retailers that they have chosen to delay these subsequent issues "in light of retailer feedback" - and are also making the second issue returnable for retailers. In speaking to retailers, Newsarama has learned that this change will allow them to see their customers' response to the first two issues (and have less risk in their #2 orders) before finalizing their orders for final two issues of the series.

Here's the revised schedule for the series, with the original release dates in parentheses:

July 20: Superman & The Authority #1
    August 17: Superman & The Authority #2 (originally August 3)
    September 14: Superman & The Authority #3 (Originally August 17)
    September 28: Superman & The Authority #4 (Originally September 7)
    Well that’s f******* annoying. Guess the retailers aren’t sure whether this will be a hit or not and want time to gauge sales? But it won’t really mess things up too bad hopefully since Oct is when PKJ seems poised to build off of the mini (however he chooses to do so).

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-slows-...iler-feedback/

Well that’s f******* annoying. Guess the retailers aren’t sure whether this will be a hit or not and want time to gauge sales? But it won’t really mess things up too bad hopefully since Oct is when PKJ seems poised to build off of the mini (however he chooses to do so).
    Well that’s a momentum killer. Not gonna lie these frequent schedule changes are kind of killing my hype here.

I hope that DC promotes the October Superman event like an EVENT because we still know almost nothing about it whereas I’ve been hearing about Fear State for months now.

Might be that Janin is still drawing last issue and needs some extra time?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Could be, but the delays seem to be a strongly recurring pattern across the line. First the schedule was shifted over one month so PKJ had to write the Golden Age crossover. Then Superman, SoKE, the Action annual, Superman and the Authority, and the event have all had dates announced then later pushed back. The annual was even pushed back twice, which PKJ said he wasn’t even notified about, nor the people who got early review copies.

I’m happy that I’m still getting the books I want but it feels rather haphazard when every two weeks there’s another thing getting delayed. Hope they can sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Janin is done, the article I quoted says it’s because of the retailers. They’re throwing a fit that DC is putting all these issues out so close together, and instead want more space between issues so they can gauge interest before ordering.

Janin is done, the article I quoted says it’s because of the retailers. They’re throwing a fit that DC is putting all these issues out so close together, and instead want more space between issues so they can gauge interest before ordering.
    That would make a lot of sense if this is the reason behind the 'retailer feedback.' Retailers kicked up a fuss when DC were putting focus on their digital first series last year, and it seems DC are still subject to the whims of retailers here. It might read better if the mini series is drawn out and allowed to breath. Even though they are my favourite comic book writer, Morrison's work can be a dense read so the casual fans would benefit from reading their work over a longer period of time.