Page 31 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Minor spoilers for the first issue: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/supe...-jfk-spoilers/

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Well that’s a momentum killer. Not gonna lie these frequent schedule changes are kind of killing my hype here.

I hope that DC promotes the October Superman event like an EVENT because we still know almost nothing about it whereas I’ve been hearing about Fear State for months now.
    Not likely. Between whatever would be going on with Batman and Wonder Woman tutning 80, I don't see DC puting any effort into the Superman line. I starting to feel bad for PKJ, he not only have to be, as all Superman writers, secondary to Batman, as he will also play second fiddle to whatever Taylor does in SSKE.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Minor spoilers for the first issue: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/supe...-jfk-spoilers/
    Well, looks like I was wrong about Superman still being on the vague 15 years ago sliding timeline. That is definitely Superman in 1963.

Astonishing Member

Superman is probably now old as his silver age counterpart in real time? They may just move Lois and Jimmy and cast to way later.

Or maybe he got time travel powers again.

So they're really going to try the narrative where Superman has literally existed in-lore since 1939? Or at the very least start at the Silver Age so 1950-something? I dunno. It could be fun for a while but I don't like it much more than I like the idea of Diana being around for that long either. If that's even still going to be a thing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

People are acting like this is complicated

But it truly isn’t

Superman can be a superhero since 1938 till he leaves earth after becoming disillusioned somewhere during the mid-70s to 80s

Before coming back to earth somewhere in the 21st century and meeting Lois lane and jimmy

Pete Ross and Lana will finally become important characters again...as main stays of his early career during the 20th century.

You could even adapt John Byrne’s Superman/Batman generations plot where Superman kills the ultra-Humanite in 1987(the year when quest for peace is released) after ultra-humanite killed his family in 1979.

Replacing Lois with Lana during this period

Martha and Jonathan kent could have vanished during their car crash in the 30s before they were shifted to the future by doctor Manhattan’s nonsense or even the legion of superheroes

It also creates an interesting story, Lois and Clark’s romance becomes the story about Superman learning to open himself to love again after his last marriage ended tragically

It also transforms Batman into the youngest member of the trinity, which is kind of hilarious
    Last edited by kryptonian; 07-15-2021 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post

But it truly isn’t

Superman can be a superhero since 1938 till he leaves earth after becoming disillusioned somewhere during the mid-70s to 80s

Before coming back to earth somewhere in the 21st century and meeting Lois lane and jimmy

Pete Ross and Lana will finally become important characters again...as main stays of his early career during the 20th century.
    That couold be a good way to play it.

You could even adapt John Byrne’s Superman/Batman generations plot where Superman kills the ultra-Humanite in 1987(the year when quest for peace is released) after ultra-humanite killed his family in 1979.

Martha and Jonathan kent could have vanished during their car crash in the 30s before they were shifted to the future by doctor Manhattan’s nonsense or even the legion of superheroes

It also creates an interesting story, Lois and Clark’s romance becomes the story about Superman learning to love again after his last marriage ended tragically

You know, your mention of Generations made me remember than that story is set on earth 38, a world of the multiverse. Now, the character Lightray is seems to be based on the Flash from earth 9 (Tangent Flash Lia Nelson), so I wonder if we are seeing the Superman we know or if this Kennedy era Superman is from another alternate earth.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

DC would have to move the JLA and Titans to 21st century as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post

But it truly isn’t

It also creates an interesting story, Lois and Clark’s romance becomes the story about Superman learning to open himself to love again after his last marriage ended tragically

It also transforms Batman into the youngest member of the trinity, which is kind of hilarious
    That would be really interesting for an Elseworlds but he really changes so much about Superman and his supporting cast. Those changes should be reflected in his character. That he was raised in the twenties and thirties, has lived through all those decades, and now is living in the modern world with that much history - he shouldn't be the same person with those changes.
    It requires a lot of explanation so that the history becomes cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Superman is probably now old as his silver age counterpart in real time? They may just move Lois and Jimmy and cast to way later.

Or maybe he got time travel powers again.
    I just assume that reality manipulations have made Clark younger today then he should be, like naturally he’d be much older now if he was Earth-1 pre-crisis Superman but then Crisis happened in the 80’s, then Zero Hour in the 90’s, Flashpoint/New 52, and now modern day. So now he’s just getting memories back before Crisis I assume.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I just assume that reality manipulations have made Clark younger today then he should be, like naturally he’d be much older now if he was Earth-1 pre-crisis Superman but then Crisis happened in the 80’s, then Zero Hour in the 90’s, Flashpoint/New 52, and now modern day. So now he’s just getting memories back before Crisis I assume.
    Unless they're doing that with all characters - and they may be - I expected he would be so long lived because he's Kryptonian.

Astonishing Member

Can't expect them to have multiple realities bubbles stacked on top each other, but remembering memories could be it.

More likely he doesn't age much over many decades, worked for Supreme.

The problem with this idea is NOT superman, it's the humans in his life
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Yeah, I don't think its going to work. I mean it has potential to be fun for a story or two, so it'll probably be very interesting here, but its not viable otherwise. I felt the same way making Diana around for WWII and the JSA. Its just a bad idea for a main line set up. "Everything matters" is a tag line not to be taken at near complete verbatim. It just can't all be reconciled. And the idea of "forgotten memories" or whatever from the reboots doesn't make it any better. I don't see how that prevents the history still being just a major cluster.

I mean hey if they prove me wrong with this absolute master-class narrative and cohesive timeline that's actually documented, and where the big names are still viable and used in the present day and not generally sidelined for new legacies, I'd give them a big hand. But I'm highly skeptical. Hell I'm sus enough of DC's motives these days that I have an easier time imagining the motivating factor for doing this is specifically for aging these characters out and their handpicked legacies in.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-15-2021 at 08:43 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Seeing JFK made it clear that this story was created back when 5G was planned, so Superman was supposed to have debuted sometime in the 1960s (Morrison playing with New Frontier’s similar interrogation on Superman’s status as an inspiring icon or a sellout I think). This was built in conjunction with Didio’s timeline I assume. My guess as to how DC/PKJ will be using this story is that this isn’t going to be Earth 0 Superman. This is going to be one of his alternate world counterparts that he’s observing, and the actions his counterpart undertakes are going to inspire him to create his own Authority team (since PKJ has already said Morrison’s Authority team will go with Clark into space). That’s the only way I can think of trying to make this “fit” because I can’t see them making Superman debut that far back, since it doesn’t work with his human cast.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/