Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Pretty simple reason for 2 suits. He was on a mission so he decided to wear one, and he was done with mission so back to his normal look.

Or cover artists is not paying attention to inside the book
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It’s literally the exact same team and line-up though, the miniseries is about him recruiting this team of individuals for this purpose. Both writers have said it’s canon to the story going on in Action.
    Yes, but team being created by a different (or same, but from the future) Superman and getting passed on to ours is easier to explain than whole "well, I remember once I was with Kennedy, but I wasn't really born yet at that point" in a satisfying way.

This is Morrison. "Easily explained" is not in their storytelling lexicon.

Thinking about this a little more, I'm going to say the Superman & The Authority is being set up as an alternate future of the 1963 Superman that the "Prime" Superman now remembers causing him to assemble this team in this "present." This is a repurposed 5G miniseries and that would be an easy way to shoehorn it into the Infinite Frontier setting. That allows them to tie things in.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Its a great preview but still I read this and I think of Elseworlds or Black Label.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It’s literally the exact same team and line-up though, the miniseries is about him recruiting this team of individuals for this purpose. Both writers have said it’s canon to the story going on in Action.
    And the Multiverse provides an explanation for how both can be true. Like I said, I expect “our” Clark will be watching this Clark’s adventures and will be inspired by him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Its too early to really know, but seems the Superman of the JFK era was covert super hero.

Hm y’know I just remembered the “Linearverse” which was created in that two-parter that Jurgens, Venditti, and the other “Generations” creators did. Wonder if that universe’s Superman is who we will be following here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

That Superman started during WW2.

Another thing they could do is have some other Superman from another universe escape to Earth 0's past and work covertly before Earth 0 Superman arrives on the scence.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    That Superman started during WW2.

Another thing they could do is have some other Superman from another universe escape to Earth 0's past and work covertly before Earth 0 Superman arrives on the scence.
    That won’t happen, too convoluted and they already did that with the current Superman when he was in hiding remember? Besides this Superman is walking around with JFK and fought Manchester Black. It’s a main Superman at the very least even though I still don’t think it’s “our” guy.

Could be than the Superman frtom Superman and the authority is not the same Superman than the Main Superman or even a future Superman. I mean, the authroity is already with an alternate universe character with Lightray, who seems to be the Flash from earth 9.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Yeah maybe the Authority team is from another universe except for Clark who is from E0? That actually could work as well. For whatever reason everyone except alternate Superman cross over to the main universe and team up with “our” Clark who becomes their new leader?

Astonishing Member

That's lightray is not from Earth 9, diff race.

Nothing I said was convoluted. They already have Silver Age Arrows time traveled to the past to become the Golden Age Arrows.

Morrison had several AU Supermen in All Star Superman.
    Could the Authority Superman be the All Star Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    That's lightray is not from Earth 9, diff race.

Nothing I said was convoluted. They already have Silver Age Arrows time traveled to the past to become the Golden Age Arrows.
    Only knowledge I have of that is the Stargirl mini, but generally that’s meant to be Ollie traveling to the past where he had adventures for a bit right? That works because an archer vigilante is low level, Ollie didn’t leave a massive impact on history. In contrast, JFK is literally telling Superman that he was a massive symbol to humanity in the preview. This Clark wasn’t operating in secret on the side like Pre-Flashpoint Superman was during Lois & Clark, he was active in the public eye. That would be an insanely huge change to DC continuity, it means that Earth would know of Superman before he even landed on the planet. Jonathan and Martha would assuredly have heard of him, so the dynamics of them finding and raising Clark would be extremely different. No way can I see that being the route they’re taking here.
    Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Morrison had several AU Supermen in All Star Superman.
    Could the Authority Superman be the All Star Superman?
    Nah that Superman flew into the Sun to eventually become the golden god Superman One Million, and he was set in the “present day” at the time of his death with him still being young at the time. This guy seems to have debuted far in the past and is an old man by the present day, with gray in his hair to show for it. This Superman if anything is sort of an “endgame” for the New 52 Superman in a spiritual sequel sense. Over the course of Action Comics, that guy started out fighting “real” problems and then slowly became more and more focused on fighting supervillains/dealing with superhero stuff. Now that guy is an old man, looking around, worrying that he let himself get sidetracked from his original goal and sacrificed his chance at improving humanity’s lot in a tangible manner.

So he’s making one last play at “saving the world”, gathering up the new generation that will replace him, and facing down his first super villain: Ultra-Humanite, while doing so as a way of bringing things full circle.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-16-2021 at 09:50 PM.