Page 34 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

The moon landing happened in 1969, not 1963, so this is definitly another earth. Which leaves two possibilities:

1) alternate superman travels to our earth and creates the team, then something happens to him, and the main one is like "so... wanna go punch an interplanetary slaver?""eh sure why not".
    2) the rest of the team is from an alternate earth, which means dont get attached to this apollo, midnighter, black, enchantress and natasha because they're either getting killed or going to limbo when this is over.

Might it be Superbro that we last saw in Sideways annual? If I'm not mistaken he ends up wandering the multiverse, no?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Might it be Superbro that we last saw in Sideways annual? If I'm not mistaken he ends up wandering the multiverse, no?
    While I would love that kind of deep dive, personally I think you guys are way too hung up on continuity. Morrison likely wrote this without any connections to outside stories as a self-contained Superman tale. It’s basically a Black Label book, that’s the vibe I’m getting, it’s not going to call back to a Sideways Annual. That Superman debuted in the modern day, this one didn’t.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Well, looks like I was wrong about Superman still being on the vague 15 years ago sliding timeline. That is definitely Superman in 1963.
    And man went to Mars in 1963? This is an alternate reality. Also modern day Superman has grey hair.

So this is in its own universe? Thought i'd use this to dip back into the main dcu but this is good too. I'm still mixed on Janin's art but I thought it's improved over time, and looks to have continued that trend.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Unused concepts by Janin for 5G/Superman & The Authority dated back 2019:

"Superman and the Authority #1 comes out next week! But to get here, there's been a lot of work for many months, with some interesting directions that were dropped. Here's a hint of what could have been!"

https://twitter.com/mikeljanin/statu...74743487913986

Astonishing Member

Justice Lords, Kingdom Come, reborn look.

Direwolf Krypto? Looks like Morrison is free to use their own concepts here. Which is cool but can still get confusing since this is supposed to be in-continuity. Unless, again, this is a different Superman and it ends up tying into the main line Superman in another way.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Unused concepts by Janin for 5G/Superman & The Authority dated back 2019:

"Superman and the Authority #1 comes out next week! But to get here, there's been a lot of work for many months, with some interesting directions that were dropped. Here's a hint of what could have been!"

https://twitter.com/mikeljanin/statu...74743487913986

Last edited by Gaius; 07-18-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This is either not canon or DC is playing the "rules are different for Morrison" game again.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

It's probably the latter.

Astonishing Member

Alt World Superman who inspires Earth 0 Superman to create his own Authority?

The art above has scrapped elements so the dog is probably dropped.

Krypto looks like an American Akita, the same dog that Cavill has! They bred those to kill bears, I honestly do wish that was Krypto’s “breed” in the mainline DCU. Akitas are huge but also cute, however they are VERY demanding dogs and require a firm hand from their owners (I had a friend who used to breed them). Kind of the perfect “super dog” breed.

All of those alternate outfits looks so damn cool, I think I would’ve gone with the capeless black and white version if I couldn’t have chosen the one they ended up with. A completely white-haired Superman honestly feels weird to me, glad they went with the classic graying temples elder statesman look. Interesting that they didn’t toy around with other S-shield designs, was it Morrison or Janin who settled on the Kingdom Come S-shield?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Either way I'll just enjoy it standalone for what it is. With or without this, Superman's lore isn't ever going to make sense again, I've pretty much accepted that. The timeline's already shattered, throwing more rocks on the pieces can't really break it any more.

The second concept gives a pretty full-fledged, albeit black and white, idea as to how the current Authority look would look as a proper costume. Lose the gloves, add the cape, standard S, and it would look sharp as a main look.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-18-2021 at 12:58 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Krypto looks like an American Akita, the same dog that Cavill has! They bred those to kill bears, I honestly do wish that was Krypto’s “breed” in the mainline DCU. Akitas are huge but also cute, however they are VERY demanding dogs and require a firm hand from their owners (I had a friend who used to breed them). Kind of the perfect “super dog” breed.

All of those alternate outfits looks so damn cool, I think I would’ve gone with the capeless black and white version if I couldn’t have chosen the one they ended up with. A completely white-haired Superman honestly feels weird to me, glad they went with the classic graying temples elder statesman look. Interesting that they didn’t toy around with other S-shield designs, was it Morrison or Janin who settled on the Kingdom Come S-shield?
    Probably an homage to mark waid on Morrison’s part