Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This is not popular theory, but to me it looked like Clark knew and thats why he asked if JFK wants protection in Dallas.
    I think its entirely likely. That he even brought it up suggests to me that on some level he was genuinely thinking about doing something. That there was a strong tug to interfere with time even though he knew he couldn't and in the end didn't. Superman has struggled with this tons of times during his time travel adventures, especially when it comes to the fate of his parents and the like.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    This is how it read to me as well.

Nothing that I have read so far seems to be messy so far. Just people overthinking it based on behind-the-scenes conjecture and anticipation for how it will fit into the coming books. We aren'y privy to the decision-making and should be patient before jumping the gun on how it might fit when all is done. But what is on the page so far has made sense and read smoothly to me.
    If Clark knows that makes that a pretty strange scene.
    JFK didn't ask for help, so I guess you have to let him die.
    And if he had asked for help?
    It really reads as if Clark is native to that time period.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This is not popular theory, but to me it looked like Clark knew and thats why he asked if JFK wants protection in Dallas.
    Maybe. But he was pretty much all smiles. And if you were talking to a man you knew was going to die...would you be so cheerful?

Really happy to see how well the series did on ComiXology, it was number 2 the week it came out and is still in the top 25 this week! I’m hoping someone at WB takes notice if it’s selling well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Really happy to see how well the series did on ComiXology, it was number 2 the week it came out and is still in the top 25 this week! I’m hoping someone at WB takes notice if it’s selling well.
    If Superman and the Authority is ever adapted as a live action movie, it will likely be in conjunction with another story like how X2 was kind of a prelude to the Phoenix Saga despite already being an adaptation of god loves, man kills
    Last edited by kryptonian; 07-29-2021 at 11:35 PM.

I just picked up Superman and the Authority # 1, finally, and it's... fine?

I think I need the rest of the story before I can really decide how I feel about the first issue, fully. It mostly just feels like it's not enough to be a full fourth or fifth of a big-deal limited series. It's too decompressed and not enough happens.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    If Superman and the Authority is ever adapted as a live action movie, it will likely be in conjunction with another story like how X2 was kind of a prelude to the Phoenix Saga despite already being an adaptation of god loves, man kills
    Wasn’t even thinking live action, moreso was thinking at some point Lee is going to try to get his toys adapted outside of comics, and if Superman can be included with that I’d be very happy. A Superman & the Authority animated series as a more adult counterpart to MAWS would be fantastic.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    WasnÂ’t even thinking live action, moreso was thinking at some point Lee is going to try to get his toys adapted outside of comics, and if Superman can be included with that IÂ’d be very happy. A Superman & the Authority animated series as a more adult counterpart to MAWS would be fantastic.
    If they do that,they need some effing great animation studio to take care of it.At the very least have Genndy Tartakosky or castlevania powerhouse on board if made in america..This and new52 or goldenage needs that kinda action sequences.That just blows things away...I would love to have superman in a great hand to hand with superspeed and junk.WB as far my knowledge hasn't produced anything of quality since batman mask of phantasm and the iron giant.Superman kinda deserves to be awe inspiring..
    You can have great impacts/ one punch man level feats with getting punched to the moon and shaking it off like nothing(if you are going for silverage powerlevel.goldenage superman doesn't need that kinda thing).But,the base should be a really good choreography.Otherwise,the feats would just bore people..

"People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Spectacular Member

It's a first issue, those always do well.
    We'll see how the next sells.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    If Clark knows that makes that a pretty strange scene.
    JFK didn't ask for help, so I guess you have to let him die.
    And if he had asked for help?
    It really reads as if Clark is native to that time period.
    I think its the situation where you are not sure which way to go and you put the option on the table hoping that another person will pick it for you. It is not the brightest moment for Superman and I think thats why we got a short flashback of JFK getting killed when he talks with Black as if that is something he regrets not changing and thats why he now is forming Authority.

Astonishing Member

Modern Superman fans literally struggling with a Superman that does more than the bare minimum. lol.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Incredible Member

Finally picked this up today (we came out of a lockdown Tuesday night). If there was one thing that could get me back into a comic shop for the first time since November or so, it was Grant Morrison on Superman again. Didn't disappoint. Very intrigued to see where this all goes.
    Last edited by titansupes; 07-30-2021 at 07:40 AM.

I picked this up this week. Decided to give it a try. I was mildly intrigued. Trying to find more DC titles to read these days. Looking forward to seeing the team in action. Who is the woman with the big hammer that’s on the cover?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I picked this up this week. Decided to give it a try. I was mildly intrigued. Trying to find more DC titles to read these days. Looking forward to seeing the team in action. Who is the woman with the big hammer that’s on the cover?
    Natasha Irons, taking over her uncle's mantle as Steel, I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Natasha Irons, taking over her uncle's mantle as Steel, I assume.
    Thanks! Now that I look at her again the S on her chest is a dead give away.