Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I am super excited about this book!

Oh boy, talk about torn. If this is in continuity its still in regards to an overall direction I don't support. But he's obviously older here so is this just more like a Future State deal? And him leading The Authority is still all kinds of weird. But Morrison? Its hard to say no to easily the best Superman writer in DC's employ.

Visually? The costume is pretty cool looking but once again I must say I'm tired of the KC S. Wish it was Flesicher style or just a Conner-like standard red on black.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-23-2021 at 12:33 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I always felt that Morrison is likely to return because he loves DC Universe too much to stay away, but I wasn't expecting it so soon.

It lists it as being 136 pages long so might be two oversized issues.
    This gives me hope for Arkham Asylum 2

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh boy, talk about torn.
    What the heck are you talking about? Of course you are going to get it.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

I was kind of interested if this'd be a good introduction to the Authority, but with Morrison it's not worth the headache - literally feel I need aspirin trying to understand how he writes. But for those who are fans, congrats! Always nice when you get something to look forward too. I'll just have to wait for something like that to come along still.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    This gives me hope for Arkham Asylum 2
    Burnham was asked in his own reply to this news on Twitter about Arkham 2 and he reaffirmed that it isn't happening.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh boy, talk about torn. If this is in continuity its still in regards to an overall direction I don't support. But he's obviously older here so is this just more like a Future State deal? And him leading The Authority is still all kinds of weird. But Morrison? Its hard to say no to easily the best Superman writer in DC's employ.

Visually? The costume is pretty cool looking but once again I must say I'm tired of the KC S. Wish it was Flesicher style or just a Conner-like standard red on black.
    Well if the cover is not misleading then this Authority is very different to the "classical" Authority team.

Not really interested in the Authority, but I think this would be good to check out. I don't love everything Morrison does on Superman, but I like to see check out Superman stuff attached to him.

(Just because it's the first significant talk about them on here in awhile and it shows: Morrison came out as nonbinary late last year, they're they/them not he/him even if a bunch of outlets are still getting it wrong.)
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    (Just because it's the first significant talk about them on here in awhile and it shows: Morrison came out as nonbinary late last year, they're they/them not he/him even if a bunch of outlets are still getting it wrong.)
    No kidding? I didn't know that. Good for them.

And yeah, obviously I'm certainly buying this. And I don't care what Sacred says, he's probably gonna get it too. I agree with him though, the Fleischer "S" would've been nice. I adore the Kingdom Come shield, it's a personal favorite, but the cartoon crest doesn't get nearly enough love.

With a collection so close I might wait for that, but one way or another this is gonna end up on my shelf.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Well, there's that whole good things come in threes theory... pleasant surprises for King's Supergirl, now Morrison. Waid Black Label forthcoming?
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I always felt that Morrison is likely to return because he loves DC Universe too much to stay away, but I wasn't expecting it so soon.

It lists it as being 136 pages long so might be two oversized issues.
    Or 6 issues with 20 pages. But my guess they are going to do prestige format with more pages and higher price

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Or 6 issues with 20 pages. But my guess they are going to do prestige format with more pages and higher price
    Penguin lists the collection as containing Superman & The Authority #1-2 is the reason everyone's saying 2 60-page issues.
    Buh-bye

Are we sure this is not going to be written by PKJ? During FS DC announced a few comics with the wrong creative teams. Anyway, that cover is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Are we sure this is not going to be written by PKJ? During FS DC announced a few comics with the wrong creative teams. Anyway, that cover is really cool.
    Would be one hell of a mess up lol. I think it’s more likely the artist is wrong since Janin is supposed to be working on PKJ’s Sept Superevent. I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/