Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Superman and the Authority #2 Preview
    Writer: Grant Morrison
    Artists: Mikel Janin, Travel Foreman, Evan Cagle and Fico Ossio

Okay see I like how Janin is showing this, because it doesn’t feel like Superman is becoming powerless but instead has gotten a bit older since he started and this is him staying in shape like a professional body builder.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: AUTHORITY SPECIAL #1
    Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON
    Art by TREVOR HAIRSINE, JONATHAN GLAPION,
    and BEN TEMPLESMITH
    Cover by RODOLFO MIGLIARI
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES
    Variant cover by JEEHYUNG LEE
    $6.99 US (Card stock)
    ON SALE 11/2/21
    Following Mongul’s brazen attack on Earth, Superman’s world has been turned upside down: conflict between Atlantis and the surface world, the discovery of an immensely powerful new element, dead refugees with mysterious ties to Krypton, and expulsion from the Justice League! When Superman re-forms the experimental, antiestablishment Authority to join him in liberating Warworld, Batman comes to them with a request: join him for one unorthodox, off-the-books mission first, one he could never ask the Justice League to be a part of…and one he doesn’t expect everyone to come back from.
    Manchester White?? Or is he just stealing more of Jenny Sparks?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Lowkey looks like they forgot to color him.

BANNED

Still wondering about the timeline,
    Morrison said it's like the main universe, but in Action, Superman doesn't have that cool new suit,
    so still a little confusing.

And the grey temples just add more confusion.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The grey temples definitely add to the confusion. If it is "main universe" then it's near future, which always winds up being an AU anyways. And things like the way the JFK scenes play out make it super awkward to accept that it's main universe when it's clear that wasn't the original intention.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    The grey temples definitely add to the confusion. If it is "main universe" then it's near future, which always winds up being an AU anyways. And things like the way the JFK scenes play out make it super awkward to accept that it's main universe when it's clear that wasn't the original intention.
    I think Morrison pretty much just said Superman is "lost in time",
    so it was some Time Travel mumble jumble that got him in the 60s,
    also the line about several different King Arthur,
    so I think Morrison just brushed the scene off.

BANNED

I'm guessing what happened in PKJ's Superman run affected Superman so he lost his powers,
    then he goes on to be Morrison's Superman and Authority,
    then he come back to PKJ's Action Comic,
    but the shift back and forth between suits just isn't helping.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Is Covid a factor to why the sales on the first issue were so middling?

I would've thought that a first issue of a Grant Morrison Superman comic would break the 90-100k range, but has Covid comic stores sales this much?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Lowkey looks like they forgot to color him.
    I think it’s just artistic license.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Morrison said it's like the main universe, but in Action, Superman doesn't have that cool new suit,
    They said issue 4 will be the one that ties in with PKJ Action. It looks like Supes is just wearing that outfit for recruitment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post

I would've thought that a first issue of a Grant Morrison Superman comic would break the 90-100k range, but has Covid comic stores sales this much?
    Maybe but DC in general simply isn’t getting much attention right now. Nothing outside of Batman is selling very well, probably because they didn’t do a linewide relaunch.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Why are we getting 4 artists on #2?

I thought Janin finished this already, but given he was supposed to be on the Action book in Sept and is not, I have to assume he is actually still drawing this. Weird, but Fico is an amazing artist and the rest aren’t too bad either, so it’s not all bad.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I thought Janin finished this already, but given he was supposed to be on the Action book in Sept and is not, I have to assume he is actually still drawing this. Weird, but Fico is an amazing artist and the rest aren’t too bad either, so it’s not all bad.
    There are worst fill in artists for sure but considering Morrison supposedly wrote this back in 2018 the need for fill in artists just points to poor scheduling by DC.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Love that older Christopher Reeve look there.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    My guess is that the timeline will go "PKJ's big Super Event that's supposed to be as big as Death of Superman" which will lead to Clark being lost in time (which is when the JKF scene takes place). Clark returns to the present in Morrison's S&tA. When the Super Event ends, Action will pick up after the events of S&tA.

Basically, we're reading Authority six months early, and the regular titles will catch up at the end of the Event.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Almost certainly, though the real question is how much of a factor it played.

DC isn't doing crazy good right now anyway, and Super books struggle to break through their usual sales bracket. And this is a mini, not a regular ongoing, and that might not help.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.