Page 57 of 78 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Paquette variant for issue 4!

Last edited by Vordan; 08-31-2021 at 05:17 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's a weird thing to focus on, but... The only thing we see from one of those characters is their ass (wich is more or less in the midle of the cover), so my question is: Who's ass?!

I'm honestly curious about it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    It's a weird thing to focus on, but... The only thing we see from one of those characters is their ass (wich is more or less in the midle of the cover), so my question is: Who's ass?!

I'm honestly curious about it.
    My eye went straight to Dat Ass as well. A very odd choice on Paquette's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    My eye went straight to Dat Ass as well. A very odd choice on Paquette's part.
    Hah he is without a doubt one of the horniest artists this side of Clay Mann lol. Literally everything he draws feels slightly erotic, it’s why I enjoyed him so much on the WW EO books since that fit perfectly.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It is glad to see I was not the only one who take notice of that electric ass. LOL.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Such a relief to know i also wasn't the only one who did this, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah he is without a doubt one of the horniest artists this side of Clay Mann lol. Literally everything he draws feels slightly erotic, it’s why I enjoyed him so much on the WW EO books since that fit perfectly.
    Now all I want is a horny-off between Mann, Paquette, and Benes...

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

It's either a beatdown of epic proportions or an orgy gone horribly wrong. Or shoot, maybe a little bit of both
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    It's either a beatdown of epic proportions or an orgy gone horribly wrong. Or shoot, maybe a little bit of both
    Yep, it's the only logial conclusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Paquette variant for issue 4!

Now I've just noticed that Apollo is looking up at Superman's junk.

And Coldcast is staring directly at Natasha's rack.

Oh, Yannick....

Oh, Yannick....
    Hahahaha holy **** that’s hilarious

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Oh, Yannick....
    Well that's to be expected
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

overall i've enjoyed the series but Manchester implying that the original Authority existed in the DCU is pretty ridiculous. there is no way Superman or the Justice League would allow the Authority to operate the way they traditionally did in the DCU. Maybe Black has access to the multiverse.

sidenote, i really think they should make Midnighter's mask less like Batman's. I know he was originally created as a Batman doppelganger but now that they are in the same universe they should at least make him look a bit different. I've always felt that giving him a Captain America-like mask would solve a lot of problems. Midnighter as a character has a ton of potential but the fact that he looks almost exactly like Batman would hold him back.

Superman referring to Manchester very formally is interesting. I'm sure Manchester is always looking for a ruse. it may be Superman's way of saying he's not playing games and will be keeping things as straight forward as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    overall i've enjoyed the series but Manchester implying that the original Authority existed in the DCU is pretty ridiculous. there is no way Superman or the Justice League would allow the Authority to operate the way they traditionally did in the DCU. Maybe Black has access to the multiverse.
    I think the implication is that the original Authority's exploits took place on their own Wildstorm Earth, which has regularly been in contact with the main DCU, to the point that the Wildstorm Earth was merged with Earth-0 following Flashpoint, before being jettisoned again to being its own Earth again, then reinserted again...all because Jim Lee is President of DC Comics

Given Manchester's vast mental abilities, I think it's perfectly reasonable that he was well-aware of Wildstorm Earth by reading the minds of the various DCU residents who visited there, which prompted him to rip off the Authority and try their shtick within the DCU. Likewise, I also think it makes sense that Apollo would be aware of the existence of Superman due to those same crossovers that were occurring between Wildstorm characters and the DCU since the late 90s.