Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Default Which mutants are and are not recognized by Krakoa

To start off, Krakow has stated that the resurrection of clones will not be permitted but as we all know the step ford cuckoos have all ben resurrected. You can argue that they are in a way genetically different from Emma but they are all duplicates of one other. Only other prominent mutant clone I can think of that could get similar treatment is Namorita but most likely won't be seen on panel or acknowleged.

My second point is it has been stated that multiverses characters would not be resurrected. Im not sure if they are referring to just duplicates such as Bloodstorm because in a sense its a "clone". Prestige has been resurrected no problem. Not only are multiversal mutants all over the 616 continuity like Klara Prsat, Reine du Rein, etc. but some of them are genetically different to "normal" mutants. During the mothervine arc we were introduced to a bunch of Ultimate universe mutants. These mutants were man made and if I remember right their x gene is more of a virus which was made of some tech (Could be wrong on this but I remember a mutant being depowered by a technopath) with that being said how to the existing 1610 characters fit into Krakoa like Jimmy Hudson and Bombshell or the dead ones like quicksilver, Mach II, Armor, and Guardian. Elixir was seen to reverse motherliness effects and it did reposer depowered mutants so would Krakow recognize them as mutants?

Ive seen similar threads in the past but hopefully this one is different enough.

BANNED

Who is Krakow? And, is there a link to something that I can read where Krakow states the resurrection of clones will not be permitted?
    Last edited by Micabe; 03-23-2021 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Who is Krakow? And, is there a link to something that I can read where Krakow states the resurrection of clones will not be permitted?
    It's a city in Southern Poland, known for its Jewish quarter and renaissance architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    To start off, Krakow has stated that the resurrection of clones will not be permitted but as we all know the step ford cuckoos have all ben resurrected. You can argue that they are in a way genetically different from Emma but they are all duplicates of one other. Only other prominent mutant clone I can think of that could get similar treatment is Namorita but most likely won't be seen on panel or acknowleged. .
    No it has not. As you mentioend the Cuckoos have been resurrected and Gabby was told she'd be resurrected should she die
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-23-2021 at 08:12 AM.

Krakow is one of my favourite places ever. Such a nice vibe.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Went to Krakow a few years ago. Beautiful city.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No it has not. As you mentioend the Cuckoos have been resurrected and Gabby was told she'd be resurrected should she die
    Not sure if that's true for Gabby -- that's been a plot point in New Mutants.

Charles Xavier is a mutant clone also, his body got cloned in the 80s. And he got resurrected after his death in X-Force.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Basically everyone is recognized unless their name is Madelyne Pryor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    To start off, Krakow has stated that the resurrection of clones will not be permitted but as we all know the step ford cuckoos have all ben resurrected. You can argue that they are in a way genetically different from Emma but they are all duplicates of one other. Only other prominent mutant clone I can think of that could get similar treatment is Namorita but most likely won't be seen on panel or acknowleged.

My second point is it has been stated that multiverses characters would not be resurrected. Im not sure if they are referring to just duplicates such as Bloodstorm because in a sense its a "clone". Prestige has been resurrected no problem. Not only are multiversal mutants all over the 616 continuity like Klara Prsat, Reine du Rein, etc. but some of them are genetically different to "normal" mutants. During the mothervine arc we were introduced to a bunch of Ultimate universe mutants. These mutants were man made and if I remember right their x gene is more of a virus which was made of some tech (Could be wrong on this but I remember a mutant being depowered by a technopath) with that being said how to the existing 1610 characters fit into Krakoa like Jimmy Hudson and Bombshell or the dead ones like quicksilver, Mach II, Armor, and Guardian. Elixir was seen to reverse motherliness effects and it did reposer depowered mutants so would Krakow recognize them as mutants?

Ive seen similar threads in the past but hopefully this one is different enough.
    From cable #9. spoilers:
    duplicates.jpg
    end of spoilers That should answer your question.
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-24-2021 at 05:18 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    Charles Xavier is a mutant clone also, his body got cloned in the 80s. And he got resurrected after his death in X-Force.
    Technically Proteus is also a clone, one of the drawbacks of his abilities were burning out the bodies he possesses. So he's currently occupying clone bodies of Xavier which he burns through in days if not weeks IIRC. And they've had no problem resurrecting him each time he burns them out.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Technically Proteus is also a clone, one of the drawbacks of his abilities were burning out the bodies he possesses. So he's currently occupying clone bodies of Xavier which he burns through in days if not weeks IIRC. And they've had no problem resurrecting him each time he burns them out.
    We've seen a lot of going around technicalities whenever that suits the agenda of someone in power:

- We need Proteus for resurrection and therefore he can live on Krakoa in a cloned body.
    - Kill no humans... unless they're from Orchis.
    - We're not going to resurrect Madelyne because she's a clone and we don't like her, but I bet if Gabby Kinney died they'd resurrect her pronto.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    We've seen a lot of going around technicalities whenever that suits the agenda of someone in power:

- We need Proteus for resurrection and therefore he can live on Krakoa in a cloned body.
    - Kill no humans... unless they're from Orchis.
    - We're not going to resurrect Madelyne because she's a clone and we don't like her, but I bet if Gabby Kinney died they'd resurrect her pronto.

Four for you Gabby Kinney, you go Gabby Kinney! And none for Madelyne Pryor. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    From cable #9. spoilers:
    duplicates.jpg
    end of spoilers That should answer your question.
    Im glad bc thats how its always been with the Cuckoos. Part of their mutation is their Hive mind and its like a limb missing when they are not all present

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Pretty sure claws would get popped into the first person who had to break the news that Gabby would stay dead