Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default The New Cabal Appreciation

Make no mistakes - I think Namor is a giant scumbag right now that needs to be put down. However at the same time I'm also incredibly enarmoured with the thought of him teaming up with freaking Thanos ^-^
    I'm really looking forward to the Team Dynamic and I'd die to see a Solo for this group.
    That's the villain protagonist ensemble I've always wanted.

So, let this be the Appreciation-thread for the newly arisen force in the Marvel Universe, bound to save Universe 616 by all cost!

While I'm looking forward to seeing the teams dynamic, I'm expecting quite a bit of friction between Namor and Black Swan.

Namor, and possibly the others, are fighting to save Earth 616. Whereas we've seen before Black Swan is quite happy to jump from one Earth to another to ensure her own survival.
    Spectre: You did this. You have done what I thought impossible. You have forced peace. The whole world. It feels....ordered. The evil is still there in people, but they're afraid to act.

Superman: They know I'm watching.

Love this group and can't wait to see how they all interact. Also love the speech mirroring the other similar ones from the run.

Maximus going back to his villainous roots (for the first time since Silent War I think) is what has me the happiest.

get rid of that space goblin and the alt. terrax and then let's talk.

Thanos looks uncomfortable as hell in that chair.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    get rid of that space goblin and the alt. terrax and then let's talk.
    Corvus Glaive stays!

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Thanos looks uncomfortable as hell in that chair.
    He's too big for the chair lol
    We need better comics

It might have been a mistake to let Thanos bring his lieutenants along. He's got most of the power if there's a difference of opinion, and I doubt he's read Robert's Rules of Order to help make effective group decisions.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Corvus Glaive stays!
    i don't see what's so great about him or that woman with the headdress. there are more qualified people who could be sitting in those chairs instead.

i don't see what's so great about him or that woman with the headdress. there are more qualified people who could be sitting in those chairs instead.
    Totally. Dormamu has an amazing resume.
    Pull List:

BANNED

Doom should be in this mother.

That's not really the point, this is a team of circumstance. These are people Namor had access to. All of these people were hanging around or imprisoned in the Wakanda's Necropolis/Illuminati HQ which Namor had regular access to. Namor had 4 hours to put together a new team to stop incursions and thus to set them free and convince them of the need to work together.

The only one I'm surprised went for this is Terrax in any regard. He's from an alternate universe and doesn't have any purpose in life anymore. Thanos did this kind of brutal cosmic balancing for close to a decade, Proxima/Corvus do whatever Thanos wants, Black Swan has been lambasting the Illuminati's way of dealing with Incursions since day 1, and Maximus probably finds this whole thing hilarious.
    Last edited by megaharrison; 08-21-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Make no mistakes - I think Namor is a giant scumbag right now that needs to be put down. However at the same time I'm also incredibly enarmoured with the thought of him teaming up with freaking Thanos ^-^
    I'm really looking forward to the Team Dynamic and I'd die to see a Solo for this group.
    That's the villain protagonist ensemble I've always wanted.

So, let this be the Appreciation-thread for the newly arisen force in the Marvel Universe, bound to save Universe 616 by all cost!
    I like Terrax being used. Many times he just seems like the hired thug.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Maximus going back to his villainous roots (for the first time since Silent War I think) is what has me the happiest.
    Agreed! I find it interesting that FF villains (Namor vascilates) like Namor, Terrax and Maximus are so much more awe/inspiring here and elsewhere, than in their own book. Hopefully Robinson will address that. I also wish there would be some crossover; Reed needs to own this mess!