Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah to me this looks and sounds like the rest of Illuminati accepted defeat so Namor decided to man up and get some people who could get the job done.

I know that being responsible for the destruction of a planet, especially if it's populated, but I don't think the Illuminati are doing a good job when they all have second thoughts of doing what they signed up for when the planet is about to be destroyed.
    Namor only did what he does as a matter of course, namely murder large numbers of sentients.

I doubt that qualifies as manning up.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah to me this looks and sounds like the rest of Illuminati accepted defeat so Namor decided to man up and get some people who could get the job done.

I know that being responsible for the destruction of a planet, especially if it's populated, but I don't think the Illuminati are doing a good job when they all have second thoughts of doing what they signed up for when the planet is about to be destroyed.
    After seeing how the Illuminati handled this last incursion (if getting plastered and booties calls with your ex's qualifies as handling anything), it was actually understandable that Namor would decide to operate with a new crew.

You can argue Namor came off looking like a monster, but I actually thought the rest of the Illuminati looked worse. Just deciding to lay there and play dead while two universes were on the verge of being destroyed was to be frank cowardly and stupid. It's been said a million times, but if they're just going to quit at LEAST inform someone else so they can try and deal with it.

You can fault Namor for a lot of things he's done, but when their backs were really against the wall Namor didn't fold like the rest of the Illuminati. He stood his ground and did was the universe needed him to do, while the rest went home to cry about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Namor only did what he does as a matter of course, namely murder large numbers of sentients.

I doubt that qualifies as manning up.
    Better than sleeping with your ex and dooming the universe to die, IMO.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yeah, I have to agree that Namor did what had to be done. As it was so perfectly stated by THANOSRULES, Namor is now the sin eater for the other heroes. He's willing to sacrifice his very soul so that the MU Earth can continue to exists and perhaps buy some time for the others to get on the stick and come up with a better plan. That is certainly manning up in my book.

I expect Doom to become a part of the Illuminati myself, if only to add that bit of friction that we had when Namor was there. Someone has to keep them from giving up and Doom has a track record of doing well out of his weight class. They might need it against the Cabal.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-23-2014 at 10:11 AM.

It's not really a Cabal with Korvus and Proxima there, they're just Thanos underlings. I mean they can't voice their own perspectives or carry out their own machinations without Thanos' approval and if they did they'd be squashed.

Terrax needs to be replaced too.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-23-2014 at 09:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree that Namor did what had to be done. As it was so perfectly stated by THANOSRULES, Namor is now the sin eater for the other heroes. He's willing to sacrifice his very soul so that the MU Earth can continue to exists and perhaps buy some time for the others to get on the stick and come up with a better plan. That is certainly manning up in my book.
    I'm still not sure how becoming a mass murderer (with or without PF possession) qualifies as "manning up" but hey, whatever floats anyones conceptual boat at this point.

I expect Doom to become a part of the Illuminati myself, if only to add that bit of friction that we had when Namor was there. Someone has to keep them giving up and Doom has a track record of doing well out of his weight class. They might need it against the Cabal.
    Doom's inclusion within the Illuminati is a foregone conclusion at this juncture which also poses a number of interesting points of conflict for a T'Challa already banished from Wakanda proper for consorting with Namor in secret in the Necropolis.

Amazing Member

I don't see Doom joining the illuminati right now, if he learn about the incursions he is going to agree with the Cabal.

I would really only see it Namor as evil, if I actually thought Namor was a villain, which I don't, I think he just acts like a jerk(I'm trying to be nice).

He is still a hero, and he's still saving the world, but he's doing some things that are unsavory and sinister.

I do know that whatever he does, whatever his intentions are, it will never end well for him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm still not sure how becoming a mass murderer (with or without PF possession) qualifies as "manning up" but hey, whatever floats anyones conceptual boat at this point.
    I keep going back to the Harry Truman decision that I mentioned very early on about the incursions. Truman made the final choice to drop the bombs on Japan....not once but twice to force their surrender when they didn't immediately capitulate. The thought behind the decision was that it would prevent even larger loss of life had Japan dragged out the war. It goes with out saying that this move, the dropping of the bombs, insured that the losses would all be the Japanese. Is Truman then a war criminal?

Doom's inclusion within the Illuminati is a foregone conclusion at this juncture which also poses a number of interesting points of conflict for a T'Challa already banished from Wakanda proper for consorting with Namor in secret in the Necropolis.
    Let's hope BP doesn't forget himself and try to punch Doom in the nose. He might break his hand on the mask. j/k But I am sure there are some old wounds to open there from Doomwar.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-23-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by divad4686 View Post
    I don't see Doom joining the illuminati right now, if he learn about the incursions he is going to agree with the Cabal.
    He might join if only to be able to show that he's smarter than Reed if he can come up with a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It's not really a Cabal with Korvus and Proxima there, they're just Thanos underlings. I mean they can't voice their own perspectives or carry out their own machinations without Thanos' approval and if they did they'd be squashed.

Terrax needs to be replaced too.
    I guess they will provide the same thing like Taskmaster did to Osborn's cabal - just hired muscle.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 08-23-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Maybe this is why Namor isn't in Marvel Heroes or Avengers Alliance. I figured it was some tangled rights issue, but it appears now that Marvel may have had designers hold off because he's going full blown villain.

BANNED

I keep going back to the Harr Truman decision that I mentioned very early on about the incursions. Truman made the final choice to drop the bombs on Japan....not once but twice to force their surrender when they didn't immediately capitulate. The thought behind the decision was that it would prevent even larger loss of life had Japan dragged out the war. It goes with out saying that this move, the dropping of the bombs, insured that the losses would all the Japanese. Is Truman then a war criminal?
    For dropping two Atomic bombs on civilian populated areas of Japan, I'd say Harry Truman's actions definitely qualified as war crimes.

Why didn't he initiate the same action against Nazi Germany?

Let's hope BP doesn't forget himself and try to punch Doom in the nose. He might break his hand on the mask. j/k But I am sure there are some old wounds to open there from Doomwar.
    Not if he's wearing these at the time....

Nevertheless, the next few issues should make for fine reading.

I agree that Namor was in a hurry and needed these specific characters but some of these do match up

Black Panther/Namor - Kings
    Mr Fantastic/Black Swan - Science
    Black Bolt/Maximus - Inhuman
    Hulk/Thanos - Strength

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I agree that Namor was in a hurry and needed these specific characters but some of these do match up

Black Panther/Namor - Kings
    Mr Fantastic/Black Swan - Science
    Black Bolt/Maximus - Inhuman
    Hulk/Thanos - Strength
    I'd more match the Hulk against Terrax than Thanos but your matchup list is pretty much spot on.

Also, possibly getting to see T'Challa square off against Corvus & Proxima would be interesting.

I think Doom is definitely needed in the Illuminati at this point.