Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    I thought the first issue was good but I question if the Titans should be teaching at all since so many Titans died in the past. Or maybe those deaths aren't canon any more?
    This is the lineup that's alive at the end of Rebirth.

Ignore the flashback panels to previous teams. Timeline was broken at that time so every versions exist at the same time. The timeline's now fixed, but we don't know which of these still exists.

The only confirmed one post Infinite Frontier are Fab Five, NTT, Damian's team (the new gens), and New 52 (Bunker)

Joey and Terra's alive in Deathstroke's team Defiance, but at that time Judas Contract story was replaced by Lazarus Contract. The flashback in the current Nightwing and the age of Beast Boy implied that Judas Contract is back in continuity, and Terra as far as I know hasn't shown up again. So I don't know if anything change there from Rebirth to Infinite Frontier.

Death Metal said Infinite Crisis was canon and Superboy Prime went on a journey of redemption, but currently Bludhaven is still standing so I don't know about Pantha and the others. They're not in the gathering above though.

Anyway, the only confirmed deaths so far are Heroes in Crisis.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-27-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Ignore the flashback panels to previous teams. Timeline was broken at that time so every versions exist at the same time. The timeline's now fixed, but we don't know which of these still exists.

The only confirmed one post Infinite Frontier are Fab Five, NTT, Damian's team (the new gens), and New 52 (Bunker)

Joey and Terra's alive in Deathstroke's team Defiance, but at that time Judas Contract story was replaced by Lazarus Contract. The flashback in the current Nightwing and the age of Beast Boy implied that Judas Contract is back in continuity, and Terra as far as I know hasn't shown up again. So I don't know if anything change there from Rebirth to Infinite Frontier.

Death Metal said Infinite Crisis was canon and Superboy Prime went on a journey of redemption, but currently Bludhaven is still standing so I don't know about Pantha and the others. They're not in the gathering above though.

Anyway, the only confirmed deaths so far are Heroes in Crisis.
    So much easier when it was just on other earths...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

It's broad strokes though. Kid Flash and Superboy from the New 52 team have been retconned. Presumably the end of Death Metal merged them with their Young Justice counterparts? Any stuff in New 52 TT regarding Red Robin's origin is no longer canon either - a more recent Detective Comics story already overwrote that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

With the number of students in Titans Academy maybe there should be training squads system led and advised by a Titan just like the X-Men training squads (Hellions, New Mutants, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    He was Robin's personal nemesis as he related to the Teen Titans, the story doesn't work without the team. That's the distinction.
    I'd say he was more of a rival than a nemesis, because Robin's nemesis was Slade.

Always Rakzo

Sheridan clearly wrote Red X fanfiction when he was young didn't he?

Aside from that being the biggest issue I have with this opening chapter, this was still pretty mediocre at best from a writing standpoint. Right from the beginning with the uninentionally funny "Mr. Nightwing" moments, to the stereotypical handle of young students (which I'm not sure if it's trying to be for either support or ridicule) and the plot surrounding the already mentioned fanboyism, there's very little to truly appreciate here.

At least Sandoval's art was fine. It says a lot when Scott Lobdell already did a much better job with this premise during his Generation Outlaw arc in Red Hood, I don't know if I will be able to stand a whole series of this quality.

I picked this up out of curiosity and am pleased to say I enjoyed it. My attention has been captured by Stitch and I’m excited to read more about them as the series develops!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them