Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    As far as I know Nolan doesn't have an interest in doing any other superhero movies and even when it came to Batman it was never a given that he'd come back for the 2 sequels because he had to decide if he still had any story left to tell with the character. Nolan's not the guy you go to for a studio-driven movie. He makes only what he wants to make.

Given his penchant for darker and more cerebral material as well as what he can do visually, I'd love to see him tackle Magik and help her recover from the New Mutants travesty the way he helped Batman recover from Batman and Robin. His skill at creating breathtaking visuals with her portals and sorcery would be Magik indeed.
    Magik falls under the darker fantasy X-Men banner. though I would admit would still be more accessible than Legion. again, this like many xmen stuff is not suited for the MCU.

This is a perfect consolation from this awesome film.

I can see the mutant version of this scene if Nolan was directing, since his style is pretty much always his own in one note.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-24-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Magik falls under the darker fantasy X-Men banner. though I would admit would still be more accessible than Legion. again, this like many xmen stuff is not suited for the MCU.

This is a perfect consolation from this awesome film.

I can see the mutant version of this scene if Nolan was directing, since his style is pretty much always his own in one note.
    Didn't take you long to bring this up

It would be funny if he did a Marvel movie just to appeal to his kids.

I rather he adapt Hickman's FF. Nolan has a lot of focus on family in his films and Hickman's work remind me of Nolan's films.

If I was Fiege, I'd pitch him this and let him go wild.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Universe

Extraordinary Member

After Tenet maybe he can do Kang movie.

Honestly I think he would do a good job with the cosmic Kirby creations. The Eternals or Inhumans. Seems like both of those ships have sailed though. He could do some kind of Celestials movie, but that might be a bit obscure.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would be funny if he did a Marvel movie just to appeal to his kids.

I rather he adapt Hickman's FF. Nolan has a lot of focus on family in his films and Hickman's work remind me of Nolan's films.

If I was Fiege, I'd pitch him this and let him go wild.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Universe
    That's a good shout!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Honestly I think he would do a good job with the cosmic Kirby creations. The Eternals or Inhumans. Seems like both of those ships have sailed though. He could do some kind of Celestials movie, but that might be a bit obscure.
    To be fair, with an Eternals movie being released this year, I reckon Celestials won't be so obscure! That could be cool, I could imagine taking hints from Earth X like having Machine Man be the audience POV character

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I don't see him doing that, not with his own vision, Interstellar is prove of that. Also Marvel's cosmic style changed very drastically. Thor 1 is very different in style, look and tone than Thor Ragnarok and GOTG movies. Nolan's science fiction movies are also known for looking very realistic with characters and grounded in film style.

They lack the fantastical cartoony feel of marvel, Interstellar is the closest thing Nolan has done with cosmic and honestly, I think interstellar the movie is in a different subgenre to Marvel's cosmic and if Nolan was to direct a marvel film, he would want to improve and grow from what he did with Interstellar, than use the same plate for GOTG/Thor

I don't see him doing that, not with his own vision, Interstellar is prove of that. Also Marvel's cosmic style changed very drastically. Thor 1 is very different in style, look and tone than Thor Ragnarok and GOTG movies. Nolan's science fiction movies are also known for looking very realistic with characters and grounded in film style.

They lack the fantastical cartoony feel of marvel, Interstellar is the closest thing Nolan has done with cosmic and honestly, I think interstellar the movie is in a different subgenre to Marvel's cosmic and if Nolan was to direct a marvel film, he would want to improve and grow from what he did with Interstellar, than use the same plate for GOTG/Thor
    Again, the purpose of the thread is to say what properties they would want to see him tackle - It's not a thread to talk about the quality of the MCU, just what people would like to see Christopher Nolan tackle with their characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Again, the purpose of the thread is to say what properties they would want to see him tackle - It's not a thread to talk about the quality of the MCU, just what people would like to see Christopher Nolan tackle with their characters.
    And I seem to be doing just that by using his own films to show what he cant and cant tackle. it's really not about quality , it is more about a director that likes to make his onw movies even if he is doing a marvel or dc film. Nolan did make batman, was a producer and story teller for man of steel. still they were different from the past dc films. I think the same approach for him will be applied to marvel. if he was to do a marvel film.

Nolan can tackle a marvel cosmic ,interstellar is prove, however, it will be nothing we have ever seen before regardless of the property or character, this thread was always going to end up more about the film making style of nolan movies in relations to some suggested marvel characters, not the other way around, reason u have seen some mention Legion and Magik + I don't see how you can make any thread about Nolan, one of the greatest directors of his era and you want to not care much about his films quality , from the ones he came up himself like Interstellar to the others he adapted like Batman? I mean what will he be doing at marvel studios with the characters?

Ultimate Member

Yet some people here are doing that anyway unfortunately

And I seem to be doing just that by using his own films to show what he cant and cant tackle. it's really not about quality , it is more about a director that likes to make his onw movies even if he is doing a marvel or dc film. Nolan did make batman, was a producer and story teller for man of steel. still they were different from the past dc films. I think the same approach for him will be applied to marvel. if he was to do a marvel film.

Nolan can tackle a marvel cosmic ,interstellar is prove, however, it will be nothing we have ever seen before regardless of the property or character, this thread was always going to end up more about the film making style of nolan movies in relations to some suggested marvel characters, not the other way around, reason u have seen some mention Legion and Magik + I don't see how you can make any thread about Nolan, one of the greatest directors of his era and you want to not care much about his films quality , from the ones he came up himself like Interstellar to the others he adapted like Batman? I mean what will he be doing at marvel studios with the characters?
    It's a what if scenario, so "I'd like to see his take on Thor/GOTG/Devil Dinosaur outside of the Marvel cinematic universe" is fine, we do not need to go into the likelihood of him actually doing it because people already know it's a far fetched rumour.

Just a thread to see what characters fans would like him to tackle and discuss what his take on them would be like - not whether the MCU would allow him to or not.

What would you guys think of a Christopher Nolan led MCU film?
    ^^^I would think its going to blow chunks.
    The Nolan Batman movies were awful, and i am very careful to differentiate between "awful" and "i didnt like it". The only things i enjoyed in those movies were a handful of specific performances.

Is there any property you'd specifically like to see his take on?
    ^^^Not a one, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I would think its going to blow chunks.
    The Nolan Batman movies were awful, and i am very careful to differentiate between "awful" and "i didnt like it". The only things i enjoyed in those movies were a handful of specific performances.

^^^Not a one, no.
    Fair enough ahaha, straight to the point
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 03-24-2021 at 02:28 PM.

MCU doesn't rhyme with his style of directing and preferred tone and camera filter, this makes it difficult for me to try and imagine how an MCU entry directed by him would feel, or who would suit his sensibilities.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage