Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Wouldn't make any sense for him. He's very hands on as a producer-director type and thus is used to having almost 100% control of every aspect of film development. Someone said it could be political, to play hardball WB, but why go to someplace that would handcuff you...rather than Paramount or Universal?

Honestly, I think he'll see the Snyder cut success, as an avenue to get more leverage...since he was always against the Whedon cut, and it could give him a different place to explore his creativity. That and WB will probably be desperate to keep both him and Denis in their stable, so there's probably no need for hardball play. They both talked mess openly, because they know WB will bend for them. If they leave, WB will have trouble courting other talent.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He did his super hero movies. He is too good a film maker to not pursue his own projects. It would be a waste of his talents to return to super hero properties.
    Not really a waste. If he did it, he'd get full control and he'd get a favor in his back pocket. That's how he got to make Inception and Dunkirk.

If he did make a CBM, I'd love to see him do a Mister Miracle or a Mr. Terrific movie. His sensibilities and style fit those. Hopefully the Ava Duvernay New God's movie isn't happening, cuz Denis would be perfect for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I would think its going to blow chunks.
    The Nolan Batman movies were awful, and i am very careful to differentiate between "awful" and "i didnt like it". The only things i enjoyed in those movies were a handful of specific performances.

Why do I need Nolan to make me a "Grounded..." MCU film when I already have a perfectly good Punisher: War Zone?

Tell Nolan to get back on the bench.

Ultimate Member

How grounded should an MCU film be? I can see it for FaWS, but less so for Armor Wars and even less for CM2.

Spider-Man - It'd have to be better than what the MCU has done with Peter in his solo movies to date, and it would be so nice to look forward to my favorite Marvel character in film again...

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Wouldn't make any sense for him. He's very hands on as a producer-director type and thus is used to having almost 100% control of every aspect of film development. Someone said it could be political, to play hardball WB, but why go to someplace that would handcuff you...rather than Paramount or Universal?
    Since their "Dark Universe" failed Universal has decided to focus more on director driven/vision movies of their classic monsters. I'd love a Nolan helmed Frankenstein or Wolf Man.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Spider-Man - It'd have to be better than what the MCU has done with Peter in his solo movies to date, and it would be so nice to look forward to my favorite Marvel character in film again...
    Why aren't you a big fan of this direction, if I may ask?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Pete Wisdom. The MAX mini from a few years ago could be something I can use him doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Pete Wisdom. The MAX mini from a few years ago could be something I can use him doing.
    Nolan is a big Bond fan and Tenet was a Sci-fi take on a Bond flick. So Wisdom feels up his alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why aren't you a big fan of this direction, if I may ask?
    You can look it up on CBR's post search, I've discussed it often enough I don't feel like doing it again. Suffice it to say, MCU Spider-Man is very much the weakest Spider-Man films to me. Just...so disappointing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_(comics)

Nolan adapting Gravity could be fun. Plus Gravity doesn't have a lot of story arcs or expectations to meet. Its a way to get a Nolan-esque take on Spiderman without sacrificing Spidey's brand etc.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-26-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You can look it up on CBR's post search, I've discussed it often enough I don't feel like doing it again. Suffice it to say, MCU Spider-Man is very much the weakest Spider-Man films to me. Just...so disappointing.
    No problem. I have problems with them but I also feel they do a lot of things better than the older films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Pete Wisdom is an X-Men character and a very complicated one, I think Nolan will want his own vision, very much like James Mangold wanted with Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Pete Wisdom is an X-Men character and a very complicated one, I think Nolan will want his own vision, very much like James Mangold wanted with Logan.
    Wisdom is actually easier to sum up than Logan or the other X-men. Wisdom is just James Bond with Superpowers. Everything is just set dressing or to be scrapped/simplified etc.

Plus if you want uncomplicated characters then don't bother with the X-men. They are the proverbial Gordian knot.

I could totally see him doing a Gravity or Wisdom movie now.

Now I want to see those ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium