Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I could totally see him doing a Gravity or Wisdom movie now.

Now I want to see those ...
    Glad to know I could pitch projects.

There's always fanfiction .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I would think its going to blow chunks.
    The Nolan Batman movies were awful, and i am very careful to differentiate between "awful" and "i didnt like it". The only things i enjoyed in those movies were a handful of specific performances.

^^^Not a one, no.
    Thanks for giving us your totally subjective opinion. I know it’s your opinion, but calling them awful seems a bit... hyperbolic. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

And to answer the thread question. No, I don’t have any inkling to see Nolan handle an MCU film, or even handle another DC property besides Batman. I think Nolan’s superhero movie days are done. Great filmmaker though, but I think he’s better suited to making original movies not based on a pre-existing IP. He’s one of the very few filmmakers that are able to make successful original movies that cost over a hundred million dollars. Love his work, especially the TDK trilogy but I would find him working on Marvel to be a bit of a downgrade, personally. Though I think if he were interested & and Marvel offered him a project I could see him being interested in Daredevil who’s a similar Batman-type character but that would be too on the nose. Either way, I’d prefer he not do Marvel films or anymore superhero films after Batman.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 03-26-2021 at 02:25 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Its a very very small chance. Nolan is too big a director to do Marvel's 'producer made' style films. If he could make something like Tenet for 225 mn, why would he like to work where he wouldn't have that kind of freedom?

But if he would, i think he should do Silver Surfer. I am not very familiar with the character, having watched only the animated series from 90s and parts of the 2nd Fantastic Four movie. But it seems a good fit. Hi concept space sci-fi. He has experience of that sort.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I think Nolan’s superhero movie days are done. Great filmmaker though, but I think he’s better suited to making original movies not based on a pre-existing IP.
    The two things are not mutually exclusive. Personally I'm not sure he has the creativity to make a good non- superhero movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    The two things are not mutually exclusive. Personally I'm not sure he has the creativity to make a good non- superhero movie.
    If I’m understanding this post right, Nolan has already of well-liked non-superhero films like Momento & Inception.

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    If I’m understanding this post right, Nolan has already of well-liked non-superhero films like Momento & Inception.
    I think that's my point. Those aren't non-superhero films, at least not Inception. I don't know about Momento

I think that's my point. Those aren't non-superhero films, at least not Inception. I don't know about Momento
    Do you really think Inception is a superhero film?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Do you really think Inception is a superhero film?
    How could you think it's not?

Astonishing Member

I wouldn’t call Inception a superhero film, nor would I call his critically beloved war film Dunkirk one either.

- Charles Schultz.

How could you think it's not?
    I saw it as a scifi heist film. I never saw it as a superhero film.

How is Inception a superhero film?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-29-2021 at 05:45 AM.

Zero chance.

Amazing Member

Nolan is a great story teller and has great feel for visual. He's what Snyder aspire to be but lack the skills. I'd like to see him do FF for sure. Ripe for great visual and can ground it a bit for a live action movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adam West View Post
    Nolan is a great story teller and has great feel for visual. He's what Snyder aspire to be but lack the skills. I'd like to see him do FF for sure. Ripe for great visual and can ground it a bit for a live action movie
    I feel Snyder may be a little ahead of Nolan with Visuals though.

Nolan is a great story teller but he needs to grow even more than where he is now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam West View Post
    Nolan has more interesting plots than Snyder IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Nolan has more interesting plots than Snyder IMHO
    I second that. I'm curious what Nolan would've done with Watchmen.