Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Cable #9 Spoiler/Review Thread - Heavy Weight

A submarine is carrying AIM workers as Cable, Esme, Emma and Scott breach it. Emma tells Cable that there is no sign of Stryfe anywhere. She wonders why he didnt ask Jean for help instead and assumes he wants to keep it private

Later Cable tracks Logan in Tokyo. At the Boneyard, he goes to Rachel to help find Stryfe but she cant. There's an Inferno reference as Rachel compares the kidnapped babies to what Maddie did. He then goes to Magik and they go to Limbo and ask N'astirah about Stryfe and he doesnt know who he is

Cable then goes to Wildside asking about Stryfe. They fight until Hope TK knocks Nate. Nate admits that he knows its not easy for her to have him there but not old Cable. He says he needs her help and she says there are firm rules about resurrecting dupes. Nate insits that they need the other guy back. He's out there somehwere and is the best hope they have against Stryfe

Last edited by Havok83; 03-24-2021 at 08:01 AM.

All-New Member

I can't wait to see old Cable resurrected.
    The last page of that issue explained the rules of resurrection, so it seems the two cannot be alive together according to that?
    Also, can anybody tell me why the cuckoos can be regard as 'the extension of mutant gifts' while Madelyne Pryor is not?

Quote Originally Posted by Theendy View Post
    The last page of that issue explained the rules of resurrection, so it seems the two cannot be alive together according to that?
    Also, can anybody tell me why the cuckoos can be regard as 'the extension of mutant gifts' while Madelyne Pryor is not?
    The Cuckoos have a hive mind. Thats part of their mutation. The resurrections exist also to bring a mutantto their peak condition and the Cuckoos are crippled without all 5 there. They are stronger and more powerful as a unit and this is something unique to them. Thats not the case with Madelyne

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Could this be any more of a fill-in? And one not even used for interesting character interactions and meaningful conversations? Hope has gone from murderous to vaguely bitchy with the man who killed her dad.

Cable should have been a 6 issue miniseries ending with the return of old man Cable, because that's where it was always headed, the rest has been treading waters until that moment really.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Could this be any more of a fill-in? And one not even used for interesting character interactions and meaningful conversations? Hope has gone from murderous to vaguely bitchy with the man who killed her dad.
    To be fair, the man that killed her dad...is her dad. There's only so much she can do.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Well I think Old Man Cable is back anyways, as it was shown on the last page of the previous issue.

You guys think they might be building slowly towards another Inferno, or is this just a coincidence?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

This is one of the best current mutant comics

Quote Originally Posted by Theendy View Post
    I think Kid Cable will need to go back to the future to live out his life, and the older Cable we are seeing is one that Hope and The Five are about to resurrect hunting Stryfe in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

Cable should have been a 6 issue miniseries ending with the return of old man Cable, because that's where it was always headed, the rest has been treading waters until that moment really.
    Agreed. But we’re almost there... so happy...

Best line in this issue was the quote in the very beginning from the anonymous patron at the Green Lagoon: “Cable? Everybody was scared of the old man... no one is scared of the kid.”

Well said.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Well I think Old Man Cable is back anyways, as it was shown on the last page of the previous issue.

You guys think they might be building slowly towards another Inferno, or is this just a coincidence?
    I've been seeing the Inferno 2.0 theory for about a year now.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm not sure if it's the way how Havok wrote it but I'm expecting a decompressed story where Duggan has Cable running in circles for a 22 pages when I get home.

Save us, Ms. Howard.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Very enjoyable issue. Seems to address head-on the complaint that people have about Kid Cable - that he's not 'their' Cable and just sucks. The character (and the author) knows that he's not old Cable.

The storyline of the entire series itself is not a masterpiece, but it's a fun look into a Cable-like character who isn't automatically the "most" (veteran, futuristic, strategic, experienced, powerful, etc).

Knowing that it is not going to last forever (with comics, characters always revert back to the status quo - I didn't like Doc Ock in Spider-man's body, but was fine waiting until that storyline ran its course and things reverted back to status quo), it is a great take on an inexperienced teen trying to live up to a mantle.

Mighty Member

Oh no. I hope they are not retconning things again. Just when I am used to kid Cable being the right age again.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the way how Havok wrote it but I'm expecting a decompressed story where Duggan has Cable running in circles for a 22 pages when I get home.

Save us, Ms. Howard.
    Some of my reviews are alot longer. There really isnt much to this one. Cable seeks out different people to help him find Stryfe. All of them are roadblocks that go nowhere. Thats the gist of it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Agreed. But we’re almost there... so happy...

Best line in this issue was the quote in the very beginning from the anonymous patron at the Green Lagoon: “Cable? Everybody was scared of the old man... no one is scared of the kid.”

Well said.
    Seems like another time travel shenanigan is afoot for Cable. As long as they send back that puny kid back to his timeline, I am content with it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Very enjoyable issue. Seems to address head-on the complaint that people have about Kid Cable - that he's not 'their' Cable and just sucks. The character (and the author) knows that he's not old Cable.

The storyline of the entire series itself is not a masterpiece, but it's a fun look into a Cable-like character who isn't automatically the "most" (veteran, futuristic, strategic, experienced, powerful, etc).

Knowing that it is not going to last forever (with comics, characters always revert back to the status quo - I didn't like Doc Ock in Spider-man's body, but was fine waiting until that storyline ran its course and things reverted back to status quo), it is a great take on an inexperienced teen trying to live up to a mantle.
    There's nothing wrong with that kind of story, of course (though we kind of got plenty of it already out of the dead-end O5 stuff). What has made it insufferable in this case is that the other version of the character is only gone because this inexperienced version straight-up murdered him without a conversation, then hypocritically proceeded to do the same thing he was ostensibly killing the other version for without an ounce of self-awareness.

He's just a punk, and the sooner he's gone, the better. Even if the older version never came back with this one gone, that's preferable to this imposter walking around pretending to be him while his fans are expected to do the same. This guy is not Cable. He might be Nathan Summers, but he's not Cable.
    Last edited by The Twilight Mexican; 03-24-2021 at 10:03 AM.