Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    Kid Cable had already removed Calvin's wings -- which was straight-up torturing him -- before communing with him telepathically. At one point in "Extermination" (issue #3, I believe), we see Mimic screaming in agony and vowing to kill Kid Cable for what he's doing to him.

Kid Cable refers to Adult Jean as "Redd" in "Extermination" #5, and responds to her referring to him as her son with "That's what I've been saying." He had also resurrected Cyclops prior to the events of "Extermination" (in the "Uncanny X-Men" annual written by Ed Brisson), and there he addressed Scott as "Dad" immediately after Cyclops emerged from his grave.

So, for whatever reason, Kid Cable definitely already knew he was Nathan Summers here, when he shouldn't know that for a great many years still.
    That was explained in X-Force. There was a scene where we saw him learning this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was explained in X-Force. There was a scene where we saw him learning this.
    I'll have to go back and check for that. I read that series, but it was pretty difficult to get through.

In any case, Rang10's point remains that it should have come up as a serious red flag.

My hope is that even with the delays on issues #11 and 12 now pushing the conclusion of this story back into July, they won’t hold back whatever’s next for adult Cable due to that delay. If there was something planned for July with him (joining the new X-men team, X-Force, a relaunch of his solo book, whatever) that it still happens and we get to see in next months solicits. Not sure I can wait another month at this point...

... then again, I’ve waited this long for his return. What’s another month I guess? But I’d love to see something next month. Fingers crossed...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    My hope is that even with the delays on issues #11 and 12 now pushing the conclusion of this story back into July, they won’t hold back whatever’s next for adult Cable due to that delay. If there was something planned for July with him (joining the new X-men team, X-Force, a relaunch of his solo book, whatever) that it still happens and we get to see in next months solicits. Not sure I can wait another month at this point...

... then again, I’ve waited this long for his return. What’s another month I guess? But I’d love to see something next month. Fingers crossed...
    A delay? I can barely wait till June as it is.

Yeah. Probably art related. I say just get anyone to draw it and let’s get this $#!t wrapped up and get our gray haired grown up Cable back already. I don’t even care who the fill-in is, just get this done on time so we can move on to what’s next.