Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    A series completion does not equate to cancellation.
    And I was born yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    And I was born yesterday
    Happy Birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Happy Birthday.
    LOL.
    ended=wanted to continue but sales are crap

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    Ultimately it's a lot of muckity-muck...I'm not sure I buy the "extension of mutant gift" reasoning. The Cuckoos operated fine for years as Three-in-One. I mean sure a 5-person hive mind is more powerful but why stop there (the original storyline had them as 5 awakened out of thousands of clones). I mean in the end, they have developed into five distinct persons/personalities. That's probably why they're trying to distinguish them further by featuring the two resurrected sisters more (Esme with Cable, Sophie with Quentin). Madelyne though at this point has diverged enough from Jean and wouldn't be considered an extension by any stretch of the imagination (so this feels like they hodge-podged this together to address clones, duplicates, alternate reality versions, but it still falls short for characters like Gaby/Scout).

Yeah me too. I know it's a divided opinion, but I'm really enjoying Kid Cable and his relationships (with Esme, with Rachel, with the rest of the Summers (in a way that old man Cable did not have other than with Hope)).
    They were functional just like a person that has lost 50% of their vision can still function just fine in the world. They werent optimal though

Ultimately it's a lot of muckity-muck...I'm not sure I buy the "extension of mutant gift" reasoning. The Cuckoos operated fine for years as Three-in-One. I mean sure a 5-person hive mind is more powerful but why stop there (the original storyline had them as 5 awakened out of thousands of clones). I mean in the end, they have developed into five distinct persons/personalities. That's probably why they're trying to distinguish them further by featuring the two resurrected sisters more (Esme with Cable, Sophie with Quentin). Madelyne though at this point has diverged enough from Jean and wouldn't be considered an extension by any stretch of the imagination (so this feels like they hodge-podged this together to address clones, duplicates, alternate reality versions, but it still falls short for characters like Gaby/Scout).

Yeah me too. I know it's a divided opinion, but I'm really enjoying Kid Cable and his relationships (with Esme, with Rachel, with the rest of the Summers (in a way that old man Cable did not have other than with Hope)).
    It's Phoebe who's been dating Quentin, not Sophie. Sophie is doing as much as Celeste and Mindee (being a communication device that's free of charges).

IMO it's lazy to use their powers as justification for bringing them back. It'd be better if it was discussed by the council based on each case, as it would aswer why they were brought back and why Gabby will have the same treatment if she ever dies. The same applies for not resurrecting Maddie or Evan.

On another note, lovely issue. Probably my favorite of this run (shocking the CBR community). I feel like Wi-fi has a lot more relationships now and depth than his older version, who I mostly saw as someone running around with a big gun and, eventually, taking care of a child. Glad that they don't seem to be sending hm away while bringing his older version back.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    It's Phoebe who's been dating Quentin, not Sophie. Sophie is doing as much as Celeste and Mindee (being a communication device that's free of charges).

IMO it's lazy to use their powers as justification for bringing them back. It'd be better if it was discussed by the council based on each case, as it would aswer why they were brought back and why Gabby will have the same treatment if she ever dies. The same applies for not resurrecting Maddie or Evan.

On another note, lovely issue. Probably my favorite of this run (shocking the CBR community). I feel like Wi-fi has a lot more relationships now and depth than his older version, who I mostly saw as someone running around with a big gun and, eventually, taking care of a child. Glad that they don't seem to be sending hm away while bringing his older version back.
    Remember when the Stepford sisters had different haircuts? I miss that.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Remember when the Stepford sisters had different haircuts? I miss that.
    I wish I could forget that. But their personalities where on point during Bendis' run.

Spectacular Member

An enjoyable read but would have preferred a little more action then this issue gave. Besides the beginning sequence it was just Cable hitting dead end after dead end. I get that they want him to feel inadequate and are using that to explain the inevitable return of Old man Cable but the whole thing seems off.

My biggest question is why do they need to resurrect Old Man Cable. I mean wouldn't Nate (Kid Cable) eventually age into Nathan (Cable) which means that Cable already exists in the X-Men's future timeline. Unless there is some time paradox between having two versions at the same time couldn't Cable just make a time jump from the future and train his younger version? Or if that isn't an option can't Kid Nate jump to the future and his older self return?

Like the clarification on the resurrection protocols and the policy of resurrecting clones. Now i know this still doesn't cover all scenarios but it does cover most. Personally I think that in Maddie's case they used the clone restriction as an excuse. In reality the council just didn't want to tell Cyclops and Havok that their request was denied because the person in question was a dangerous threat to Krakoa and they didn't want to revive her.

Favorite part was over protective Emma Frost taking the opportunity to sow a little turmoil in her daughter's relationship with Nate.

He once went to the end of time to fight a warlord named Gaunt to save his sister Rachel. The adult Cable had strong relationships with everyone you listed save for Esme Cuckoo. Marvel just hasn’t shown that for many, many years. It’s like the writers forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    My biggest question is why do they need to resurrect Old Man Cable. I mean wouldn't Nate (Kid Cable) eventually age into Nathan (Cable) which means that Cable already exists in the X-Men's future timeline. Unless there is some time paradox between having two versions at the same time couldn't Cable just make a time jump from the future and train his younger version? Or if that isn't an option can't Kid Nate jump to the future and his older self return?
    For the same reason the Teen O5 had to go back to their time. Because if Kid Cable doesn’t return to the future, grow up there and become the adult version of Cable; who in turn came back to this era and founded X-Force, became an X-man and did many important things in the history of the mutants of this era; all of that gets undone.

So he has to go back and complete his “time loop” of a life now, which ultimately sees him die at his own hand in Extermination. It’s dumb, but it is what it is. They’ve established this. And the only way out of the loop now that I can see is the Resurrection Protocols, whereby they’d bring back the original version. Though that doesn’t mean he has to be old. They could bring his body back in its prime like they’ve done for many others. I assume Magneto, Xavier and a few others took advantage of this and are not wearing nonagenarian bodies.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 03-24-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    For the same reason the Teen O5 had to go back to their time. Because if Kid Cable doesn’t return to the future, grow up there and become the adult version of Cable; who in turn came back to this era and founded X-Force, became an X-man and did many important things in the history of the mutants of this era; all of that gets undone.
    Not really. Nothing was undone by the O5 staying in present day. The only reason they went back was bc them staying led to a dark future (as seen in X-men Blue and Extermination). Kid Cable was motivated to prevent this by sending them back. When Bobby died, the universe didnt implode on itself, and it didnt alter anything in which he played a role in.

So he has to go back and complete his “time loop” of a life now, which ultimately sees him die at his own hand in Extermination. It’s dumb, but it is what it is. They’ve established this. And the only way out of the loop now that I can see is the Resurrection Protocols, whereby they’d bring back the original version. Though that doesn’t mean he has to be old. They could bring his body back in its prime like they’ve done for many others. I assume Magneto, Xavier and a few others took advantage of this and are not wearing nonagenarian bodies.
    That only explains why Kid Cable needs to go back, not why OG Cable needs to be resurrected. He really doesnt need to be. He died and reached the end of his own life line. There shouldnt be any universal consequences from leaving him dead in the same way that there would be should something happen to the kid
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-24-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Sure. They could resurrect him as a baby if they wanted to. Or not at all. Just leave him dead forever I suppose. But, as is the case with all of Marvel’s IP, things always revert to the status quo at some point. And, in this case, I’ll be glad to have the grown up version back. Silver-haired cyborg badasses are in short supply in a Marvel Universe where characters seem to stay young forever... and they’re always introducing new young characters too.

The entire issue could have been a montage. And I'm a bit confused; do they actually know that Stryfe is kidnapping these kids, or is even around and doing something shady? Because I thought that was just a hunch.

Maybe I'm just heartless, but we've had so many stories with vague, nameless mutant children at risk that its just kind of dull. The idea of Inferno 2.0 is kind of interesting, but I would be more interested in that being a Maddie story, and mainly if she finally got justice.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The entire issue could have been a montage. And I'm a bit confused; do they actually know that Stryfe is kidnapping these kids, or is even around and doing something shady? Because I thought that was just a hunch.

Maybe I'm just heartless, but we've had so many stories with vague, nameless mutant children at risk that its just kind of dull. The idea of Inferno 2.0 is kind of interesting, but I would be more interested in that being a Maddie story, and mainly if she finally got justice.
    Nate did a psi-scan of the guy running the Cult of X and saw Stryfe demanding the babies. He and Domino later tracked down another person involved with the Cult that confirmed Stryfe was behind it

I can honestly say that I am more excited for Inferno 2.0 than Hellfire Gala! The idea alone gives me some strong feelings: specifically for Maddie and wanting to know how the writers will set up the playing field and how will plot revolve?

Noto art is yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He should bc they are the same person. My guess is the end will be similar to Extermination. Young Cable will be sent back to the future and have his time in present day locked away and OG Cable return with his memories unlocked
    Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    He will go back to the future and will forget what he did in the present, for when he "goes back to being old" in the present to unlock the memories of the period he was young in the present

Jesus........
    Unless the series plans on contradicting itself, that can’t actually happen. Because of the Bill and Ted solution that Cable used earlier on in the series with replacing the time machine in OG Cable’s arm with a bomb, it had already shown that Cable had remembered everything so he could enact that plan in the future to help himself in the past. Plus when he died, when his younger self made the comment about him not seeing it coming, OG Cable said to himself that he knew. So pretty much, this whole time OG Cable’s known about what happened to his younger self (and knew about Krakoa before it was even a thing).