Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Unless the series plans on contradicting itself, that can’t actually happen. Because of the Bill and Ted solution that Cable used earlier on in the series with replacing the time machine in OG Cable’s arm with a bomb, it had already shown that Cable had remembered everything so he could enact that plan in the future to help himself in the past. Plus when he died, when his younger self made the comment about him not seeing it coming, OG Cable said to himself that he knew. So pretty much, this whole time OG Cable’s known about what happened to his younger self (and knew about Krakoa before it was even a thing).
    No, that only means his memory was unlocked some time before his death. It makes no sense that he always had access to his time in present day. For one he did not know Scott and Jean raised him until he was an adult (he started putting the pieces together) right before their wedding. That directly contradicts the current era where they are all one big happy family. There's also his relationship with Apocalypse which makes no sense of he had knowledge of living through the Krakoa era. X-man's existence wouldnt be a shock to him if he already knew about him. Cable originally did not know if he were the original or the clone when it came to Stryfe. There are too many things which would be different if he had all of this knowledge and it doesnt make sense to say he always did, but just kept it to himself; he would have acted differently
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-24-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nate did a psi-scan of the guy running the Cult of X and saw Stryfe demanding the babies. He and Domino later tracked down another person involved with the Cult that confirmed Stryfe was behind it
    Thank you for helping me sort that out. So its definitely Stryfe, or at least someone very good at making it look like its Stryfe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Unless the series plans on contradicting itself, that can’t actually happen. Because of the Bill and Ted solution that Cable used earlier on in the series with replacing the time machine in OG Cable’s arm with a bomb, it had already shown that Cable had remembered everything so he could enact that plan in the future to help himself in the past. Plus when he died, when his younger self made the comment about him not seeing it coming, OG Cable said to himself that he knew. So pretty much, this whole time OG Cable’s known about what happened to his younger self (and knew about Krakoa before it was even a thing).
    That's probably true, but it could always just be that its the same arm and not the same person attached to it. Or they could just throw it out since the time travel rules with Cable are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different than the time travel rules of the rest of Marvel.

Honestly? The only thing i can say i liked about this was the opening line: "Cable? Everybody was scared of the old man...nobody is scared of the kid."

I mean for me at least there are three reasons why i never fully bought into him:

1) He murdered OG Cable, kidnapped and mutilated Mimic to get his wings, kidnapped, mutilated Warren and transplanted said wings and where was he when Ahab kidnapped Rachel?

2) Not Jean nor Scott took him to task for murdering their son, he flat out killed the Cable they knew for years and there wasn't even a slap on his wrists...WTH!?

3) Currently in this run all i see him as is nothing more than an incompetent, whinny little punk who goes crying to mommy and daddy when it hits the fan!

If they really plan to get rid of him i say good riddance to bad rubbish, and if not then for the love of god i hope the next person to handle him makes him worth my time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sure. They could resurrect him as a baby if they wanted to. Or not at all. Just leave him dead forever I suppose. But, as is the case with all of Marvel’s IP, things always revert to the status quo at some point. And, in this case, I’ll be glad to have the grown up version back. Silver-haired cyborg badasses are in short supply in a Marvel Universe where characters seem to stay young forever... and they’re always introducing new young characters too.
    I don't see his IP not getting used anytime soon. Deadpool 3 will feature Brollin's Cable and it would rather look underwhelming if Kid Cable is still there.

The fact that his response to being stumped by this is "Guess we need to bring the old guy back. The guy I killed for being incompetent, I mean." doesn't win him any points

Spectacular Member

So what I don't understand is what is the benefit of resurrecting Old Cable. He might be better in a fight but he won't be able to find Stryfe any better than his younger counterpart. The old Cable would still be trapped here as he has no ability to travel the time stream since the technology is gone. All that would be done by using the Resurrection Protocols would be to make an older Cable which isn't plagued by the Techno-Organic virus. Though come to think of it isn't that what Styfe is ... a clone with all of Cable 's abilities and no techno virus?

Honestly I only liked the Magic stuff. Her training the younger mutants. Her being the boss of Limbo and making a demon listen to the same song for 100 years yikes lol

This was a pretty pointless issue, if we’re not going to advance the story then at least give me more of that A.I.M shenanigans. That was funny. Also why is Kable’s tk pink like QQ?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Oh no. I hope they are not retconning things again. Just when I am used to kid Cable being the right age again.
    He's not "the right age". Marvel time is kinda... flexible, of course, so it's hard to say exactly how long ago he was born, but he "should" be somewhere between five and ten years old, and probably at the younger end of that bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    Ultimately it's a lot of muckity-muck...I'm not sure I buy the "extension of mutant gift" reasoning. The Cuckoos operated fine for years as Three-in-One. I mean sure a 5-person hive mind is more powerful but why stop there (the original storyline had them as 5 awakened out of thousands of clones).
    Exactly. Likening them to Madrox is ludicrous.

What appears to have happened is that when Frost demanded three Hellfire seats on the Quiet Council in exchange for joining up with Krakoa, she also had a few other demands. And bending the rules to resurrect her "daughters" was one of them. (Had she ever shown such "motherly" feelings to the Cuckoos before as she has on Krakoa?)

It's amazing Hope hasn't gone on strike, or even refused to join in the whole resurrection fandango, until they agreed to bringing Old Man Cable back too. (And given that The Five supposedly have their own hive mind tendencies going, the others would probably support her).

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    Madelyne though at this point has diverged enough from Jean and wouldn't be considered an extension by any stretch of the imagination (so this feels like they hodge-podged this together to address clones, duplicates, alternate reality versions, but it still falls short for characters like Gaby/Scout).
    Well, it's been called out as falling short in Hellions and New Mutants (with Gabby noticing neither Madelyne nor Evan have been resurrected and wondering what that means for her). So the writers are aware of the edge cases who are falling through the cracks.

Do you think we’ll get a glimpse of future plans for Cable in the July solicits? I sure hope so.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Honestly? The only thing i can say i liked about this was the opening line: "Cable? Everybody was scared of the old man...nobody is scared of the kid."

I mean for me at least there are three reasons why i never fully bought into him:

1) He murdered OG Cable, kidnapped and mutilated Mimic to get his wings, kidnapped, mutilated Warren and transplanted said wings and where was he when Ahab kidnapped Rachel?
    He was standing next to everyone else. BUT, unlike everyone else he was the only one who did ANYTHING about it. He was the only one who went looking for her. Not Kurt. Not Kitty. Not Jean. Not Ororo.

2) Not Jean nor Scott took him to task for murdering their son, he flat out killed the Cable they knew for years and there wasn't even a slap on his wrists...WTH!?
    I think Scott gets a pass given that he was dead and Wi-Fi resurrected him. Also he kept Scott sequestered with no outside contact so he wasn't aware of what was happening generally until the events of Age of X-Man (which I still find hard to believe that Emma and Jean didn't sense his presence but hey). Jean I would say was stoically dealing with the sudden loss of her son, and then had a level of mixed feelings that turned into joy when he was revealed as the son she left (having only aged a few years since she last saw him). Both were extenuating circumstances, and while I think Scott and Jean both are unhappy with the death of adult Cable they realize the importance of setting the timeline correct.

3) Currently in this run all i see him as is nothing more than an incompetent, whinny little punk who goes crying to mommy and daddy when it hits the fan!
    I can't disagree with you on this. As I've said before, the Wi-Fi we're seeing now versus the Wi-Fi we got through Extermination and X-Force read like completely different characters. He's written like a millennial who has a Chad complex and it's not fun to watch. BUT, on the flip side it is interesting and endearing to see him interact with Rachel in new ways that his adult self didn't.

When the adult comes back, I hope we see him continue to interact with his family honestly.

Mighty Member

I can't disagree with you on this. As I've said before, the Wi-Fi we're seeing now versus the Wi-Fi we got through Extermination and X-Force read like completely different characters. He's written like a millennial who has a Chad complex and it's not fun to watch. BUT, on the flip side it is interesting and endearing to see him interact with Rachel in new ways that his adult self didn't.
    I agree. I don't care about others not taking him to task for murdering older Cable, but since then, this younger version just comes off as a whiny f*** boy. He comes off as he's gonna star in the next season of The Bachelor which is a horrible thing to do to a character know for being hardcore and damaged and haunted. This Cable is more likely to cry for confusing the Cuckoos and lusting after the wrong one, then he is likely to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    What appears to have happened is that when Frost demanded three Hellfire seats on the Quiet Council in exchange for joining up with Krakoa, she also had a few other demands. And bending the rules to resurrect her "daughters" was one of them. (Had she ever shown such "motherly" feelings to the Cuckoos before as she has on Krakoa?)
    The Cuckoos were resurrected before Xavier approached her about joining Krakoa on the QC

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post

1. Did you not read or know about X-Force? The entire premise of the book was Cable searching for Rachel

2. Kid Cable is the son they knew for years. They spent 12 years raising him and he's only a few years removed from when they were ripped away from him. There are parental feelings towards him bc of how young he is and what they lost. I dont know what you expect them to do. Reject him? He's still their son and given that they both died and were brought back multiple times (OG Cable included), their relationship with death is different, especially in the current Krakoa era.
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-25-2021 at 08:37 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    When the adult comes back, I hope we see him continue to interact with his family honestly.
    Agreed. I think it would highly problematic and if they brought him back and then set him apart from his family like they did in for most of the 2000's.