Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I agree. I don't care about others not taking him to task for murdering older Cable, but since then, this younger version just comes off as a whiny f*** boy. He comes off as he's gonna star in the next season of The Bachelor which is a horrible thing to do to a character know for being hardcore and damaged and haunted. This Cable is more likely to cry for confusing the Cuckoos and lusting after the wrong one, then he is likely to save the world.
    They really wanted to do a dumb teenage book, wish they put more effort

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The fact that his response to being stumped by this is "Guess we need to bring the old guy back. The guy I killed for being incompetent, I mean." doesn't win him any points
    Seem like kid Cable was really wrong tht he is better thn old Cable

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    (Had she ever shown such "motherly" feelings to the Cuckoos before as she has on Krakoa?)
    A few times during Morrison, but these could be seen as a tutor. There was also one or two times during Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think Kid Cable will need to go back to the future to live out his life, and the older Cable we are seeing is one that Hope and The Five are about to resurrect hunting Stryfe in the future.
    Yeah, it'll be something like that.

It's so funny to me that this younger less popular version of the original Cable was introduced in a storyline that was getting rid of younger less popular versions of the original X-men.
    Yeah, that really is kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i'm expecting this to be a red herring and for future cable to have accounted for all this and he will have set things how they need to be in a way that kid cable loses his future memories and gets to be himself in the timeline.
    I think that is EXACTLY how this will be resolved. We’ve seen that kind of thing before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    if Kid Cable doesn’t return to the future, grow up there and become the adult version of Cable; who in turn came back to this era and founded X-Force, became an X-man and did many important things in the history of the mutants of this era; all of that gets undone.
    So he has to go back and complete his “time loop” of a life now, which ultimately sees him die at his own hand in Extermination. It’s dumb, but it is what it is. They’ve established this. And the only way out of the loop now that I can see is the Resurrection Protocols, whereby they’d bring back the original version. Though that doesn’t mean he has to be old. They could bring his body back in its prime like they’ve done for many others. I assume Magneto, Xavier and a few others took advantage of this and are not wearing nonagenarian bodies.
    I’d be down for a middle-aged resurrected Cable. A hardened soldier who is like, 40 or 50.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The idea of Inferno 2.0 is kind of interesting, but I would be more interested in that being a Maddie story, and mainly if she finally got justice.
    Yeah, it might actually be a thing. Maddie would be a hellacious threat to Krakoa, could make for a cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Honestly I only liked the Magic stuff. Her training the younger mutants. Her being the boss of Limbo and making a demon listen to the same song for 100 years yikes lol
    I absolutely LOVED Magik in this issue. She is one of my favorite X-Men and I loved that she got a solid moment here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They really wanted to do a dumb teenage book, wish they put more effort
    They could do that with a Quentin Quire solo book. They’re pretty much already doing one in X-Force.

All in all, this was a setup issue but a pretty good one.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Well, he always was in his 40s or 50s up until Messiah Complex when he jumped to the future and spent 17 years raising Hope. After coming back he was obviously much older, but I could've sworn the Fabian Nicieza 'Split Second' mini with Deadpool kind of reverted Nathan to his status quo (giving him his T-O virus back after Hope healed him of it at the end of Avengers X-Sanction using the Phoenix Force), and in the process it basically merged various Cables from across different timelines into a 'Cable Prime' if you will. It was never really referenced after that, but the way Pepe Larraz drew him in Duggan's Uncanny Avengers run he looked middle aged. Around 40-ish or so. Ryan Stegman drew him looking old AF, but he draws everyone looking old AF unless they're a kid IMO. Lots and lots of wrinkles and lines on his characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Cuckoos were resurrected before Xavier approached her about joining Krakoa on the QC

1. Did you not read or know about X-Force? The entire premise of the book was Cable searching for Rachel

2. Kid Cable is the son they knew for years. They spent 12 years raising him and he's only a few years removed from when they were ripped away from him. There are parental feelings towards him bc of how young he is and what they lost. I dont know what you expect them to do. Reject him? He's still their son and given that they both died and were brought back multiple times (OG Cable included), their relationship with death is different, especially in the current Krakoa era.
    1.- I stopped giving a damn about X-men after his introduction.

2.- Kid Cable comes at the expense of the Older Cable who was the better one and not this dreck we got stuck with, it's not my fault the writer who brought him into fruition failed to make me interested in him and every seen as of now makes me hate the character more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    1.- I stopped giving a damn about X-men after his introduction.

2.- Kid Cable comes at the expense of the Older Cable who was the better one and not this dreck we got stuck with, it's not my fault the writer who brought him into fruition failed to make me interested in him and every seen as of now makes me hate the character more.
    But thats a personal issue and not one thats a sign of bad writing or characterization for the players involved. Alot of people dont like it and thats fair but I dont think there is anything off about the relationships that Jean and Scott have with him

Amazing Member

It's so funny to me that this younger less popular version of the original Cable was introduced in a storyline that was getting rid of younger less popular versions of the original Xmen.

As long as the real Cable returns soon, all is well I guess.
    Cable with all his memories, that he's him, than yeah, can't wait !

But thats a personal issue and not one thats a sign of bad writing or characterization for the players involved. Alot of people dont like it and thats fair but I dont think there is anything off about the relationships that Jean and Scott have with him
    For me there is something very off since the beginning

For me there is something very off ince the beginning
    Can you speak to it? Im interested in hearing your thoughts on that

Can you speak to it? Im interested in hearing your thoughts on that
    Let me see if I can make sense of it.

Kid Cable ressurrects Scott. So he keeps his father hidden from everyone. When a crisis emerges he created another crisis where his father was needed, so he couldn't help the X-men. Not sure if Scott eventually discoevered about this dark plan.

So kid Cable kills his older himself, kidnap and maim mimic and later kidnaps the O5 to send them back on their own time.

So how Scott and Jean, specially Scott, never really scrutinizes about all kid Cable motivations? How did he knew they were their parents when he only discovered it later? Things are wrong here, but there is a lack of motivation to ask them.

It plays into the parents that wish to continue parenting their own kid. Specially Scott that had abandoned baby Nathan to go superheroing and later had to send him to the future.
    I also think there is some emotional/emntal manipulation going on, to not let them question.

It seems a perfect distration for Jean/Scott, really play right into their hearts.

Now seems like he killed old Cable because of his own pure arrogance, as kid cable isn't any better than old Cable. he just thought he was better than him but he isn't.

What kid Cable knew that he couldn't let Scott help the x-men on the Dissassemble final fight? So many questions that I doubt will be answered.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Kid Cable ressurrects Scott. So he keeps his father hidden from everyone. When a crisis emerges he created another crisis where his father was needed, so he couldn't help the X-men. Not sure if Scott eventually discoevered about this dark plan.

So kid Cable kills his older himself, kidnap and maim mimic and later kidnaps the O5 to send them back on their own time.

So how Scott and Jean, specially Scott, never really scrutinizes about all kid Cable motivations? How did he knew they were their parents when he only discovered it later? Things are wrong here, but there is a lack of motivation to ask them.

It plays into the parents that wish to continue parenting their own kid. Specially Scott that had abandoned baby Nathan to go superheroing and later had to send him to the future.
    I also think there is some emotional/emntal manipulation going on, to not let them question.

It seems a perfect distration for Jean/Scott, really play right into their hearts.

Now seems like he killed old Cable because of his own pure arrogance, as kid cable isn't any better than old Cable. he just thought he was better than him but he isn't.

What kid Cable knew that he couldn't let Scott help the x-men on the Dissassemble final fight? So many questions that I doubt will be answered.
    I think there are some points that should be clarified here and I agree with you on some as well:
    1) You're right we don't know the full scope on why Scott was brought back the same time as Jean but he was kept secret. Maybe it was because he was healing and dealing with the trauma of being dead? We don't know but it does feel off that we wouldn't want to be involved or helpful especially with Rachel. I GET Disassembled/Age of X-Man as he had knowledge that Scott needed to stay out of it.

2) Calvin agreed to the procedure after he and Wi-Fi talked. He knew what he was doing. And he was taking drastic measures as the timeline was coming apart and knew that they weren't willing to go home by asking.

3) I don't know what you mean about Wi-Fi knowing them being his parents. That's a new development as of X-Force/Extermination for Cable at that age. But I do think they could have had more on panel discussions about him, his goal, what he did after they left the Clan Askani timeline.

4) As much as the narrative sounds fun, Scott didn't abandon Nathan as a baby. He went to see Jean as she was alive. Maddie then left after being attacked by the Marauders. Yes he should have done more to find her but I feel like it's a stretch to say he abandoned him given the circumstances, plus he was all about saving his son and being a father post-Inferno. Also, he saved his life by sending him to the future, soooo

I do think there is a large difference in the portrayal of many characters since HoX/PoX as we don't know what happened in the months leading into the formation of Krakoa. And I do agree with you that Jean and Scott are likely savoring this opportunity to have young Cable back in their life as he is their son and true child in their eyes. To get that time back probably does play to their hearts and allows them to ignore the implications.

The thing is there was at least a 6 month time gap between Uncanny X-men and Krakoa. While it would have been great to have seen the conversation between Cable and his parents, I dont think its necessary to understand where they are at now. Im not sure what that would change. He's their kid and they love him. The only other alternative to them accepting him in the family would be to reject him and the relationship be straind which would be out of character for both Scott and Jean

The thing is there was at least a 6 month time gap between Uncanny X-men and Krakoa. While it would have been great to have seen the conversation between Cable and his parents, I dont think its necessary to understand where they are at now. Im not sure what that would change. He's their kid and they love him. The only other alternative to them accepting him in the family would be to reject him and the relationship be straind which would be out of character for both Scott and Jean
    I really ignore the 6 months gap, because there isn't any interest to show what is going on in that time interval.

Yes, I believe they love him as he is their and that can cloud their judgement.

Well they should had send him to the future, that is his place. Getting on the fantasy of a happy family seems very desperate on their part
    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think there are some points that should be clarified here and I agree with you on some as well:
    1) You're right we don't know the full scope on why Scott was brought back the same time as Jean but he was kept secret. Maybe it was because he was healing and dealing with the trauma of being dead? We don't know but it does feel off that we wouldn't want to be involved or helpful especially with Rachel. I GET Disassembled/Age of X-Man as he had knowledge that Scott needed to stay out of it.

2) Calvin agreed to the procedure after he and Wi-Fi talked. He knew what he was doing. And he was taking drastic measures as the timeline was coming apart and knew that they weren't willing to go home by asking.

3) I don't know what you mean about Wi-Fi knowing them being his parents. That's a new development as of X-Force/Extermination for Cable at that age. But I do think they could have had more on panel discussions about him, his goal, what he did after they left the Clan Askani timeline.

4) As much as the narrative sounds fun, Scott didn't abandon Nathan as a baby. He went to see Jean as she was alive. Maddie then left after being attacked by the Marauders. Yes he should have done more to find her but I feel like it's a stretch to say he abandoned him given the circumstances, plus he was all about saving his son and being a father post-Inferno. Also, he saved his life by sending him to the future, soooo

I do think there is a large difference in the portrayal of many characters since HoX/PoX as we don't know what happened in the months leading into the formation of Krakoa. And I do agree with you that Jean and Scott are likely savoring this opportunity to have young Cable back in their life as he is their son and true child in their eyes. To get that time back probably does play to their hearts and allows them to ignore the implications.
    1. That would imply that thing went wrong if he was there to help the x-men. Kid Cable had to interfere so Scott couldn't help. I don't think Cable even told him about Rachel being taken by Ahab, I really doubt Scott would not try to get her back.
    Now I remembered that the reason kid Cable brought Scott back was beause he missed him. Scott shouldn't even be back at the time. He did it for selfish reasons, so he interefered on the timeline. not sure if it would matter if Scott was kept out of X-men knowledge.

2. eventually the O5 agreed to go back, so a talk could work

3. Adult Cable only learned who were his parents after he was a adult. So kid Cable needs to have his memories of this timeline erased.

4 a married man and a father alleginces are with his family, he wasn't there when they needed him. Even if sending him to the future is his only option, it can still haunt people.

It really sucks that theer is a realy big interval of time and they never explore it.

They are really living the dream, but at what cost? seems almost irrational
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-25-2021 at 07:42 PM.

All-New Member

My dudes sorry for derailing... Last time I read an X-Men comic was after that crappy AvX thing but I used to love Cable and Hope stuff, my question is, would I understand whats going on if I start reading this series? Also anything else in between you people would recommend featuring these characters?
    Oh wow I still remember some names around here, nice seeing you hahaa.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Kid Cable had already removed Calvin's wings -- which was straight-up torturing him -- before communing with him telepathically. At one point in "Extermination" (issue #3, I believe), we see Mimic screaming in agony and vowing to kill Kid Cable for what he's doing to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame
    3) I don't know what you mean about Wi-Fi knowing them being his parents. That's a new development as of X-Force/Extermination for Cable at that age.
    Kid Cable refers to Adult Jean as "Redd" in "Extermination" #5, and responds to her referring to him as her son with "That's what I've been saying." He had also resurrected Cyclops prior to the events of "Extermination" (in the "Uncanny X-Men" annual written by Ed Brisson), and there he addressed Scott as "Dad" immediately after Cyclops emerged from his grave.

So, for whatever reason, Kid Cable definitely already knew he was Nathan Summers here, when he shouldn't know that for a great many years still.