Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default All-Sight vs All-voice Choose your power

That's right, pick between these 2 awesome powers

All-sight:

You gain perfect vision, AND , you can also see at the microscopic level and as far as heimdall. in fact, any power in all of fiction that has to do with eyesight is granted to you and at your complete control. from x-ray vision to ameterasu. you also get ultimate insight, if you gaze your eyes on something you completely understand how something works or how it is made.

All-voice:

You gain perfect pitch, AND every power that is related to speaking and hearing. this also includes powers unlocked by songs and normal speaking (from casting spells to chants that unlock power, even if said power usually needs more then just the chant) also at your complete control.

I'm sure both powers damn well give you omnipotence, but which do you prefer?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

There are a crapton of various forms of magic in fiction that are song-based. And in various games. I'd be pretty happy with the All-voice. Also pretty fun.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There are a crapton of various forms of magic in fiction that are song-based. And in various games. I'd be pretty happy with the All-voice. Also pretty fun.
    i think LOTR also has some potent stuff which are song based correct?

i would pick sight just because my eyes are poor...then again i could probably cast a spell to greatly improve my eyesight O_O

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    i think LOTR also has some potent stuff which are song based correct?

i would pick sight just because my eyes are poor...then again i could probably cast a spell to greatly improve my eyesight O_O
    LotR stuff is kinda vague when it comes to song-based things (and before anyone mentions the Ainur singing the universe into being, they did not do this - they sang the idea of the universe, and the Ilúvatar said 'Okay, now I'm making that real'). But there are any number of RPG's which include song/chanted power, there are series of books (Spellsinger as just a single example, to go back a ways, and in Spellsinger Jon-Tom does stuff like 'Call up a cosmic abstraction that will at some point annihilate the universe and change its pathway through the universe'). There are sung summonings in fiction, songs of healing, songs of power, etc, etc.

That's enough for me. Especially since it includes 'all chanted magic, even if you only meet the prerequisites of 'chanting' and not anything else'.

from casting spells to chants that unlock power, even if said power usually needs more then just the chant
    That's the part that really nails it for me and, as noted, it's enough.

Enough to give me immortality, to raise the dead I choose to raise, and to grant those close to me power and immortality. Enough to give me the capacity to move to a different world with those other people/beings if this one gets wrecked by our own stupidity. And enough to keep us hidden from those who might wish to use us (bad idea, given the level of power involved compared to the stuff on this world). Etc.

Basically, I 100% know that the All-voice stuff will give me what I want. Maybe the All-sight stuff will as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Edit: My eyes are crap as well. I know at least two ways off-hand to fix that with the voice thing.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 03-24-2021 at 09:37 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'll go with All-Sight, it reminds me of some of the very first RPG characters I ever created for a CBR RPG.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

That's right, pick between these 2 awesome powers

All-sight:

You gain perfect vision, AND , you can also see at the microscopic level and as far as heimdall. in fact, any power in all of fiction that has to do with eyesight is granted to you and at your complete control. from x-ray vision to ameterasu. you also get ultimate insight, if you gaze your eyes on something you completely understand how something works or how it is made.

All-voice:

You gain perfect pitch, AND every power that is related to speaking and hearing. this also includes powers unlocked by songs and normal speaking (from casting spells to chants that unlock power, even if said power usually needs more then just the chant) also at your complete control.

I'm sure both powers damn well give you omnipotence, but which do you prefer?
    1. Choose All-Sight.

2. Use it to see a me in a different reality/timeline that chose All-Voice, then scan and copy said alternate me's ability.

3. ???

4. Profit with both All-Sight and All-Voice.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The voice one seems... easier. It doesn't require singing or chanting, it also grants things that come from speaking. Like... huge amounts of basically-all-purpose magic throughout fiction. Belgeriad sorcery, anything Zatana can pull, any of the dimensional stuff Strange (or other Marvel casters) does, the magic of the Viles (and derivatives) as well as the High Lords from Covenant: there is a massive amount of flexibility.

You could learn an incredible amount and do a lot of cool stuff with the Sight - it's arguable I guess that you could do Amadeus Cho stuff like chucking a coin to disable a helicarrier. That isn't bad at all. But a lot of it is work. :-)
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

All-Sight is pretty lulzy in that you not only do you have the Sharingan, Rinnegan, Byakugan, and whatever eye-related thing from Naruto, but then you also have the Dojutsu and Mystic Eye from Basilisk, which reflects killing intent and cancels out other powers respectively.

Overall, if you want to be a ninja, then All-Sight might be your choice.

Presumably all-sight also gets Superman’s heat vision and Jericho’s eye-contact possession, as well as various forms of hypnotism.

What about Karnak’s ability to see weaknesses, and Taskmaster or Echo’s talent duplication?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Uh, I'm torn. All Voice would let me threaten the entire world with broadcasting my voice singing showtunes directly into their brain if they don't do what I say (yes, I could instead use the Voice of God to force them to obey me, but that's less fun), whereas I could use All Sight to use clairvoyance to blackmail people more specifically.

That said, between Black Bolt's voice (if that counts) and the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, I'm probably going to end up accidentally going insane and killing the earth within short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    What about Karnak’s ability to see weaknesses, and Taskmaster or Echo’s talent duplication?
    Karnak's abillity would work, as would taskmasters, any power that comes from any eye in fiction is yours, as are powers that require eyes.

Not sure how echo's duplication works, but honestly you have a gazillion eye copy abillities so it may be moot

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

All-voice:

Any power based on sound even if it usually requires other stuff? Well there's pretty much every spell in D&D and Final Fantasy. I think Magic the Gathering spells are cast with words too, considering how Silence stops casting.

But for better physical stats, I can also look up the magic words that transformed all the Captain Marvels.

EDIT: ANd there's those comic guys who could just tell people to do stuff and they had to do it, even if it was physically impossible. Preacher? I don't remember which ones really.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    All-Sight is pretty lulzy in that you not only do you have the Sharingan, Rinnegan, Byakugan, and whatever eye-related thing from Naruto, but then you also have the Dojutsu and Mystic Eye from Basilisk, which reflects killing intent and cancels out other powers respectively.

Overall, if you want to be a ninja, then All-Sight might be your choice.
    I wonder if you can turn them off if you don't want them. Otherwise the various gorgon/basilisk death-rays from their eyes will kill a LOT of people who just happened to be near you.

I mean, I'm assuming if the character had to try to activate them, like Superman's eye powers, you have to try to activate them. But a lot of basilisks and gorgons in fiction COULDN'T turn it off. They were just walking death.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I wonder if you can turn them off if you don't want them. Otherwise the various gorgon/basilisk death-rays from their eyes will kill a LOT of people who just happened to be near you.

I mean, I'm assuming if the character had to try to activate them, like Superman's eye powers, you have to try to activate them. But a lot of basilisks and gorgons in fiction COULDN'T turn it off. They were just walking death.
    When it comes to the dojutsu, it usually only affects those who have killing intent towards you. As for control, the series somewhat explains that it varies, with one character forced to live with his eye closed because he couldn't control it while the main protagonist could control it on command.

you have complete control for both powers guys so nothing will happen if you dont want it to happen.