Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

All-Sight also gets Paddington’s ‘Very Hard Stare’, which is almost impossible to withstand.

Edit: Oh, does the Care Bear Stare count as a sight-based power?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    you have complete control for both powers guys so nothing will happen if you dont want it to happen.
    It's adorable that you think that the issue is my control over my new powers and not my control over my current impulses.

I go with all sight, just hope my X-ray vision, isn't actually X-ray radiation. I think I read before that Superman's X-ray Vison doesn't emit X-ray radiation.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I realise Supes’ heat-vision is more powerful, but I also appreciate that All-Sight gets Cyclops’ optic blasts, purely because having a portal to the Punch Dimension in my face is pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I realise Supes’ heat-vision is more powerful, but I also appreciate that All-Sight gets Cyclops’ optic blasts, purely because having a portal to the Punch Dimension in my face is pretty sweet.
    On top of that, you'd have Kaguya's Sharingan/Rinnegan/Byakugan combo from Naruto, so your eyes would be portals to lots of different dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    All-sight:

You gain perfect vision, AND , you can also see at the microscopic level and as far as heimdall. in fact, any power in all of fiction that has to do with eyesight is granted to you and at your complete control. from x-ray vision to ameterasu. you also get ultimate insight, if you gaze your eyes on something you completely understand how something works or how it is made.
    This.

I'd spend some time just scrying around, understanding the true nature of the universe.

Galactus and Darkseid can do some pretty nifty reality warping/matter manipulation with their eye beams, so that's rather enough power to do anything I like. Especially as intuitive isight has enabled me to understand anything and everything I've gazed upon.

I guess if there are alternate universes/dimension, I can scry them too. Pretty sure Omega Beams have no problems opening up gateways, if needed.

I suppose I also have the power to gaze into astral planes and the afterlife, see the wheel of karma at work, gods of death judging souls, whatever is really going on there.

Dr. Doom's psychic transference works with eye-contact. There's got to be an appropriate cloning lab somewhere in the multiverse, although I shudder to think there might be one on our own planet.

Voice power strikes me as easier to utilize, just specify and speak, essentially, as though you were Crazy Wanda without the crazy. So while it's very tempting for unlimited wishes, I think my first priority is to understand reality, and only then manipulate it, and I suspect the vision stuff is the better power for that.

Mind you, if the All-Voice thing let’s you either say “By the Power of Greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER!” or “Ancient Spirits of Evil, transform this decayed form to Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!” and actually get their powers, then that would also be quite nice.

Or “Shazam!”

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

All-Sight also gets Paddington’s ‘Very Hard Stare’, which is almost impossible to withstand.
    Fluttershy was similar.

Edit: Oh, does the Care Bear Stare count as a sight-based power?
    While called a 'Stare" it came out of their tummy and hit people anywhere. No eyes required.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Any power based on sound even if it usually requires other stuff? Well there's pretty much every spell in D&D and Final Fantasy. I think Magic the Gathering spells are cast with words too, considering how Silence stops casting.

But for better physical stats, I can also look up the magic words that transformed all the Captain Marvels.

EDIT: ANd there's those comic guys who could just tell people to do stuff and they had to do it, even if it was physically impossible. Preacher? I don't remember which ones really.
    Purple Man - he talks to you, you do it. It works on ALMOST anyone.

Grey Maw - he used his voice to twist Dr. Strange in comics, during an era when such a thing was worth mentioning, not the fern-buster era.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I go with all sight, just hope my X-ray vision, isn't actually X-ray radiation. I think I read before that Superman's X-ray Vison doesn't emit X-ray radiation.
    If it emitted X-rays, it wouldn't work at all. The way an X-ray machine works is you have a source on one side, it fires out a beam of x-rays, and the ones that make it through hit a film or a digital sensor on the other side. So Superman's x-ray vision, in a "real" sense, would be him receiving scattered x-rays as if his eyes were the film. And no, that wouldn't work under ground, in buildings. It would basically only work in certain places and certain times.

But the people who gave him this power most certainly didn't consider "physics" when they did so.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    If it emitted X-rays, it wouldn't work at all. The way an X-ray machine works is you have a source on one side, it fires out a beam of x-rays, and the ones that make it through hit a film or a digital sensor on the other side. So Superman's x-ray vision, in a "real" sense, would be him receiving scattered x-rays as if his eyes were the film. And no, that wouldn't work under ground, in buildings. It would basically only work in certain places and certain times.

But the people who gave him this power most certainly didn't consider "physics" when they did so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    We.

Need.

A.

Like.

Button.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The Ryuugan (Dragon's Eye) from Tenjou Tenge includes a massive physical stat upgrade, perfect body reading, effective clairvoyance and effective mind reading.

So that's pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The Ryuugan (Dragon's Eye) from Tenjou Tenge includes a massive physical stat upgrade, perfect body reading, effective clairvoyance and effective mind reading.

So that's pretty neat.
    Yes, that's a pretty useful application.

I was also thinking of Doom in Secret Wars One, where he absorbs the Worldship and gains cosmic perceptions.

473588-secret_wars_010_05.jpg

1765230-galactusdamighty1.jpg

So, something like that.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Purple Man - he talks to you, you do it. It works on ALMOST anyone.
    Nah, that was just pheromones or something. This was a guy who could say "Burn" and the person he was talking to spontaneously ignited.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!