Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Nah, that was just pheromones or something. This was a guy who could say "Burn" and the person he was talking to spontaneously ignited.
    True, but it required vocalizing to work. And the OP said that you get the power, even if you don't have the backstory.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Yes, that's a pretty useful application.

I was also thinking of Doom in Secret Wars One, where he absorbs the Worldship and gains cosmic perceptions.

Attachment 107729

Attachment 107730

So, something like that.
    That wasn't really a sight based power, though. As pointed out, however, Big G already has a ton of things that work from his eyes, including cosmic perception (though you get Heimdahl's already...), and you would get all of those.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Well according to Batman X-ray vision is a misnomer. That Superman can see, or at least sense, a wide range of the electromagnetic spectrum, from megameter-long waves to X-ray and gamma waves. Batman has two theories on how Superman's X-ray vision works.

1. he can detect particle density patterns, or perceive the lengths of radio and sound waves in complex layers and visually observe how they interact and reflect from matter.

2. muons, the detritus of cosmic rays, settle to the surface of our planet at something like 10,000 per square meter per second. If Superman were able to sense how these decaying particles interact with amtter, the ability might be likened to X-ray vision.

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-25-2021 at 08:31 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I just realised, if you choose All-Voice, you get to command Captain America to wank.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I find it quite amusing that "Growling" is considered a super-power.

And for a different reason, that sonic Bombs, Blades, Artillery, Bows and Polearms are all considered separate powers, rather than one big "sonic Weapons" or even "Sonic Objects".
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

hot dang! thanks for the link Boundary Perception sounds straight up fancy.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Oh yeah, not even getting into the "all magic must be spoken to be cast" varient, I forgot another cool power from FF Tactics. The Monk has the ability to shout at people and bring them back from the Dead.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

With my new, perfect voice, I have a great singing career, make lots of money and buy a microscope, binoculars and an X-Ray machine.
    Power with Girl is better.

Now... I've heard all your arguments, but I don't see a clear winner.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    That's right, pick between these 2 awesome powers

All-sight:

You gain perfect vision, AND , you can also see at the microscopic level and as far as heimdall. in fact, any power in all of fiction that has to do with eyesight is granted to you and at your complete control. from x-ray vision to ameterasu. you also get ultimate insight, if you gaze your eyes on something you completely understand how something works or how it is made.

All-voice:

You gain perfect pitch, AND every power that is related to speaking and hearing. this also includes powers unlocked by songs and normal speaking (from casting spells to chants that unlock power, even if said power usually needs more then just the chant) also at your complete control.

I'm sure both powers damn well give you omnipotence, but which do you prefer?
    All Voice is undeniably the “better” choice, but All Sight is what I’d prefer.

next time on Death battle All voice vs. All Sight.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    next time on Death battle All voice vs. All Sight.
    i think all sight has this pretty much locked since all he has to do is look. now if all voice had prep...could be trouble for all sight :O