vs.

Ash Ketchum's first Pokemon, Pikachu

Which one wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Optimus Prime, the leader of the Transformers from the G1 cartoon

vs.

Ash Ketchum's first Pokemon, Pikachu

Which one wins?
    I'm not much of a transformers guy, but I'm pretty sure even bayformers Prime could kill Pikachu. This seems like a literal stomp

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I'm not much of a transformers guy, but I'm pretty sure even bayformers Prime could kill Pikachu. This seems like a literal stomp
    Pikachu IS pretty wonky-fast when it wants to be. How tough were the 80s Transformers against electricity? I mean most 80s robots didn't take it well at all, but I admit I don't remember feats for the Transformers one way or the other.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Pikachu's speed and fire power is no joke

Pikachu's speed and fire power is no joke
    Also inconsistent as all hell. In one episode, you'll see him perform a ridiculous feat. In another, he'll struggle, and possibly even lose to a brand new trainer and pokemon with zero experience.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

prime was a tough sumbitch. more so than i think pikachu is capable of hurting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Also inconsistent as all hell. In one episode, you'll see him perform a ridiculous feat. In another, he'll struggle, and possibly even lose to a brand new trainer and pokemon with zero experience.
    Eh, that mostly happens in the switch over to new regions
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    prime was a tough sumbitch. more so than i think pikachu is capable of hurting.
    What's his best feats?

This is one of those fights where your first instinct is that Prime would win this handily. But then you realize that 1) This is 80s Prime who wasn't necessarily as badass as say, IDW Prime, and 2)Ash's Pikachu is capable of throwing out some SERIOUS lightning for something so small. I don't think this is quite the stomp it's assumed to be.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    This is one of those fights where your first instinct is that Prime would win this handily. But then you realize that 1) This is 80s Prime who wasn't necessarily as badass as say, IDW Prime, and 2)Ash's Pikachu is capable of throwing out some SERIOUS lightning for something so small. I don't think this is quite the stomp it's assumed to be.
    Pikachu also has a pretty definitive speed advantage, as I don't recall prime having any notable speed feats

Eh, that mostly happens in the switch over to new regions

What's his best feats?
    death battle did a pretty decent job of going over his feats. one feat remember is in the pilot, he was blasted out of the air in the stratosphere and fell to earh hard. he was up and around without much issue.

keep in mind, megatron built the stunticons with reinforced shield and forcefields that make them very hard to damage. most of the time, they just......ran into the autobots because they were so damn tough and insane.

and optimus ran full boar into motormaster and won.

Is this "beginning of region, gets utterly punked by a beginner trainer's first Pokemon" Pikachu, or "end of region, can go head-to-head with legendaries/pseudo-legendaries" Pikachu?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Is this "beginning of region, gets utterly punked by a beginner trainer's first Pokemon" Pikachu, or "end of region, can go head-to-head with legendaries/pseudo-legendaries" Pikachu?
    ***Also known as Worfachu!***

***Yes, I know, inb4 “bUt DeEp SpAcE 9 WoRf thO.”
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 03-29-2021 at 06:56 PM.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    End of region

I remember the G1 animated Autobots having big trouble with Shrapnel using lightning against them until they transformed and used their tires to protect them from being grounded or something. Pikachu's super agile and fast, but I think it boils down to stamina. Pikachu likely damages Optimus early on with electric attacks, but Optimus transforms, making those attacks ineffective. Pikachu's so small a target and so fast and agile, I don't see Optimus being able to hit Pikachu in either robot or truck mode, but I think he can outlast the pokemon and when Pikachu gets tired out, Optimus easily beats the electric rodent. If he's in character, he simply wins by 10 count from exhausting Pikachu. If blood-lusted, squish.