Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think he wasn’t 100 percent sure until he became Captain Avalon. They he was completely devoted to the service as his brother King Jamie of Avalon.
    Brian is a married man with daughter and he wants to retire from being Captain Britain. And then sometime later, he becomes Captain Avalon...What is the difference as he stayed having a 'job'?

Seems everything is just a plot(convenient one without any deep plan and thought) to make Betsy getting the CB role...by Tini.

I guess Tini wants to write Excalibur in 'Game Of Thrones' style but has given Betsy's character too much fault and failure like she over did it and they become a 'scar' in Betsy's career.
    Last edited by Psigal; 03-29-2021 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    Brian is a married man with daughter and he wants to retire from being Captain Britain. And then sometime later, he becomes Captain Avalon...What is the difference as he stayed having a 'job'?

Seems everything is just a plot(convenient one without any deep plan and thought) to make Betsy getting the CB role...by Tini.

I guess Tini wants to write Excalibur in 'Game Of Thrones' style but has given Betsy's character too much fault and failure like she over did it and they become a 'scar' in Betsy's career.
    He really wanted to retire? I thought h had a identity crisis because of Morgana mind control and was unsure about being captain britain

Also being married and having a kid desn't mean he should retire
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-29-2021 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    He really wanted to retire? I thought h had a identity crisis because of Morgana mind control and was unsure about being captain britain

Also being married and having a kid desn't mean he should retire
    I don't know, Tini never let a character show his or her true thought. So, most of the things just happened without a logical reason but only to serve its plot so the story can go on.

Like Betsy destroying the Amulet Of Right, how does she know getting the Starlight Sword can turn her into CB again? She didn't even know the magic behind the sword and got shattered into pieces.
    Last edited by Psigal; 03-29-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Mighty Member

The whole set up to Betsy becoming CB is messy as hell. Basically ignoring CB happenings of the past (Brian having the amulet) in order to move forward with this. If anything, Betsy should have become Captain Avalon since it is now a territory of Krakoa and would make sense for a mutant to be guarding that. Brian could have continued being Captain Britain.

Really Betsy didn’t want to become CB in the comic. The only time she mentions being upset that Brian was chosen was in an influenced brainwashing false memory to distance herself from loved ones and her former life in Uncanny 256. (Correct if I’m wrong)

If she failed once as CB and then wanted the title again and then failed again during XoS, why is she suddenly “running away”? I’m sorry for people enjoying this run, but to me the whole series is messy.

I think he wasn’t 100 percent sure until he became Captain Avalon. They he was completely devoted to the service as his brother King Jamie of Avalon.
    How very nice of him to be so devoted to his slave-trading brother

Tini did a piss poor job explaining why Brian suddenly doesn't want to be CB and why Betsy suddenly does.

Saturnyne’s forces were at war with those of Morgan Le Fays. Le Fay was clearly a problem for her.

Yes, Saturnyne screwed up the spell. The spell wasn’t just to restore the Captain Britain corp, it was supposed to bring Brian 616. It was an epic fail on the behalf of Saturnyne. Truly epic. Now the Captain Britain Corp is based on Betsy and it was Saturnyne spell who made it so.
    Yes, my mistake the white witch is called out at the beginning as being at war with Morgan Le Fey. But why only Morgan Le Fey, there are other realms in Otherworld now. What is Avalon so special?

Saturnyne didn't screw up the spell. The spell worked as intended, it brought back the Captain Britain Corp. Regardless of who the corp is made up of the spell did it's job.

The epic fail is on Tini! Did we all not witness Saturnyne stop two rampaging armies with her abilities, yet she can stop Betsy from picking up a sword?

Brian never stopped being Captain Britain, whether you have the AoR or the SoM you're still Captain Britain. Change your name if you want, but the job is the same. Something I think Tini has overlooked.

Follow me through these mental leaps. Soooo..... Morgan Le Fey takes control of Brian(cause that's never happened before), Brian doesn't seemly perform any evil acts between the time he's taken over until his fight with Betsy, becomes all depressed for reasons!?!(seems Tini never read CB:MI13), get a visit from Merlyn and Roma(who aren't in charge in Otherworld, but are still make Captain Britan's it seems, yeah ok!?!) who give him the choice again(for what reason? He's still Captain Britain) and he picks the sword. Why you may ask? Because Morgan hurt his feelings! Now he's filled with teenage angst and fury, and chooses the sword. Who he plans to use it against we have no idea, so far it's been a giant paper weight. Then Brian removes his family from their home(Betsy got that in the divorce!) to join the renaissance fair in Avalon(which is NOT the kingdom of the Braddock's, it belongs to King Arthur, but details details) and play D&D make believe with his brother Jamie as king! Wait what!?! You might be thinking, how has this been allowed to happen. Well he's a mutant. Soooo..........

Murky beginning, messy end. Not my best rant, but I'm feeling good about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    How very nice of him to be so devoted to his slave-trading brother

Tini did a piss poor job explaining why Brian suddenly doesn't want to be CB and why Betsy suddenly does.
    This.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Yes, my mistake the white witch is called out at the beginning as being at war with Morgan Le Fey. But why only Morgan Le Fey, there are other realms in Otherworld now. What is Avalon so special?

Saturnyne didn't screw up the spell. The spell worked as intended, it brought back the Captain Britain Corp. Regardless of who the corp is made up of the spell did it's job.

The epic fail is on Tini! Did we all not witness Saturnyne stop two rampaging armies with her abilities, yet she can stop Betsy from picking up a sword?

Brian never stopped being Captain Britain, whether you have the AoR or the SoM you're still Captain Britain. Change your name if you want, but the job is the same. Something I think Tini has overlooked.

Follow me through these mental leaps. Soooo..... Morgan Le Fey takes control of Brian(cause that's never happened before), Brian doesn't seemly perform any evil acts between the time he's taken over until his fight with Betsy, becomes all depressed for reasons!?!(seems Tini never read CB:MI13), get a visit from Merlyn and Roma(who aren't in charge in Otherworld, but are still make Captain Britan's it seems, yeah ok!?!) who give him the choice again(for what reason? He's still Captain Britain) and he picks the sword. Why you may ask? Because Morgan hurt his feelings! Now he's filled with teenage angst and fury, and chooses the sword. Who he plans to use it against we have no idea, so far it's been a giant paper weight. Then Brian removes his family from their home(Betsy got that in the divorce!) to join the renaissance fair in Avalon(which is NOT the kingdom of the Braddock's, it belongs to King Arthur, but details details) and play D&D make believe with his brother Jamie as king! Wait what!?! You might be thinking, how has this been allowed to happen. Well he's a mutant. Soooo..........

Murky beginning, messy end. Not my best rant, but I'm feeling good about this one.

This.
    Betsy Braddock is Captain Britain and Saturnyne sue indeed screw up the spell. Whining or trolling will not change what has been published. It is what it is. If you don’t like it you’re it obligated to buy Excalibur.

Betsy Braddock is Captain Britain and Saturnyne sue indeed screw up the spell. Whining or trolling will not change what has been published. It is what it is. If you don’t like it you’re it obligated to buy Excalibur.
    For the last and final time, Betsy may have messed up the intended target of the the spell, but the spell itself did exactly what is was meant to do. What so hard to understand?

Funny how it's only whining and trolling when you get butt hurt, but for the rest of us it's just stating our opinions, on a public forum. Don't like it? Go stick your head in the sand!

I neither like nor loathe it. It is as you say 'what it is'. Tired of having your ideas ripped apart? Come up with better ideas then, simple!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    For the last and final time, Betsy may have messed up the intended target of the the spell, but the spell itself did exactly what is was meant to do. What so hard to understand?

Funny how it's only whining and trolling when you get butt hurt, but for the rest of us it's just stating our opinions, on a public forum. Don't like it? Go stick your head in the sand!

I neither like nor loathe it. It is as you say 'what it is'. Tired of having your ideas ripped apart? Come up with better ideas then, simple!
    It did not. I don´t care how many times you say it did. Saturnyne wanted Brian as the center of the Captain Britain corps. Due to the failings of her OWN spell, she got Betsy. The text written by Hickman basically says love spells basically backfire and boy did Saturnyne get some backfire.

I don´t know you personally or really care what you think about my ideas. You´re being ridiculously confrontational over nothing. The bottom line is I like and support Betsy Braddock as Captain Britain, I love the current Excalibur run and NOTHING you say is going to change what I personally like and appreciate. As for what you like, that´s your business and right to like or not like whatever you want.

It did not. I don´t care how many times you say it did. Saturnyne wanted Brian as the center of the Captain Britain corps. Due to the failings of her OWN spell, she got Betsy. The text written by Hickman basically says love spells basically backfire and boy did Saturnyne get some backfire.

I don´t know you personally or really care what you think about my ideas. You´re being ridiculously confrontational over nothing. The bottom line is I like and support Betsy Braddock as Captain Britain, I love the current Excalibur run and NOTHING you say is going to change what I personally like and appreciate. As for what you like, that´s your business and right to like or not like whatever you want.
    If you say so.... I'm done wasting my precious time on you!