Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Giganta Appreciation!

Giganta is such a visually interesting character, the cartoons made excellent use of her. Gail did some awesome character building with the character in both her Wonder Woman and Ryan Choi Atom runs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I actually would like it if she was an scientist but did not lost her intelligent.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I actually would like it if she was an scientist but did not lost her intelligent.
    Well she did get around that problem in the last continuity. With Circe's help, she got to keep her powers, without losing her intellect.

It's been done before. Hopefully it will happen again.

But, yeah, I like Giganta a lot and I hope she'll eventually go back to being one of DIANA'S villains rather than letting Pandora poach her already skimpy rogue's gallery.

For that matter, I wouldn't mind another story where Diana once again makes peace with Giganta and wins her over as an ally. That was one of the best things to come out of Gail's run, and I was sad to see it end.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

To me she has always been the character with a cool power but uninspired origin and motivation. I've always thought they should tie her into mythology more. Not all Wonder Woman villains need to be mythic in nature but with Giganta the mythic archetype that she is obviously drawing on is so obvious that it's almost criminal that they don't exploit it. She a giant, that has always been her deal. making her a mythological giantess makes sense and it ties her more firmly to Wonder Woman as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    To me she has always been the character with a cool power but uninspired origin and motivation. I've always thought they should tie her into mythology more. Not all Wonder Woman villains need to be mythic in nature but with Giganta the mythic archetype that she is obviously drawing on is so obvious that it's almost criminal that they don't exploit it. She a giant, that has always been her deal. making her a mythological giantess makes sense and it ties her more firmly to Wonder Woman as a character.
    I actually wrote that she was part of a group of Gods that disappeared. She is a demi god. She is recent.

Ah, Giganta.

If someone ever figures out a backstory and motivation that matches your already impressive visuals, watch out!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I have two back stories for Giganta. ONe was she was a scientist who suffers from the actually diseases in which is called Gigantism. She teaches a cure. Why would she be after Diana? She was angry that Diana could help her.

Second she was demi goddess. She is hates the Olympians for they are the reason her family was gone. However we could mix it into one. She is a demi goddess and because of this suffers from Gigantism

I always like her biomedical scientist background. I'd really like to see that retained. Besides Cheetah in JL and ARGUS, I wish they'd left the Wonder adversaries off the table until they coul be defined in relationship to Diana.

She's an interesting character that needs strengthened reasons for a primary antagonistic relationship with Diana and not just the DCU in general.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I always like her biomedical scientist background. I'd really like to see that retained. Besides Cheetah in JL and ARGUS, I wish they'd left the Wonder adversaries off the table until they coul be defined in relationship to Diana.

She's an interesting character that needs strengthened reasons for a primary antagonistic relationship with Diana and not just the DCU in general.
    What would be a good reason for Giganta to hate Diana

Could
    Giganta be a amazon scientist? The reason why she hates Diana because she though she should have been Wonder Woman. Not only that but if we follow the clay. She is mad the gods did not give her a baby.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-08-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Giganta is underrated. I didn't even know she was a Wonder Woman enemy by just watching Justice League. I thought it was just coincidence whenever WW fought her. She should be used more. She seems to share the size-increase power with Strife, but the only thing that separates the two is that Strife...well...cause strife...

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Giganta is underrated. I didn't even know she was a Wonder Woman enemy by just watching Justice League. I thought it was just coincidence whenever WW fought her. She should be used more. She seems to share the size-increase power with Strife, but the only thing that separates the two is that Strife...well...cause strife...

Agreed. What do u think of Giganta might be an amazon

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Agreed. What do u think of Giganta might be an amazon
    I never thought of that before. It would have to be really creative.

BANNED

Rise o thread from your grave and rescue my daughter Giganta!

Here I am hoping that the DCEU will someday call upon her to blow our minds with a larger than life villain.