Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Rise o thread from your grave and rescue my daughter Giganta!

Here I am hoping that the DCEU will someday call upon her to blow our minds with a larger than life villain.
    Seeing Giganta on the big screen would be surreal. I would probably love it no matter what, but I can't see them doing it without it being at least a little bit campy.

I'm hoping we see more of her in Rebirth. I wonder what the odds are of Rucka using her, and the Wony villains in general? If not there, maybe she'll show up in Trinity.

BANNED

It all depends on the tone of the future movies. If they don't try to ground the universe too much, leaving the universe open to the strangest beings existing, they could pull it off. I understand that a giant is probably... illusion breaking... in the current phase but I also think that if it's done right there could be a huge (no pun intended) payoff with fans thanking WB/DC for giving them something that they never thought could work. It's risky but I don't think there's a better time to go for it than this decade.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    It all depends on the tone of the future movies. If they don't try to ground the universe too much, leaving the universe open to the strangest beings existing, they could pull it off. I understand that a giant is probably... illusion breaking... in the current phase but I also think that if it's done right there could be a huge (no pun intended) payoff with fans thanking WB/DC for giving them something that they never thought could work. It's risky but I don't think there's a better time to go for it than this decade.
    It would definitely be really fun if handled well. It may even prompt the comic writers to get off their asses and actually use her in some capacity as well.

BANNED

I have a hunch that if Giganta was to be adapted into the Snyder-verse of movies, then she'd probably not resemble her comic version all that much... simply due to how she is 'Attack of the 50ft Woman'.
    However, I could imagine her being included as her Odessey version; as in simply being a very big Amazon that might not like Diana all that much.
    Either that or you have to go fantasy epic, rather than cheesy sci-fi, and make her into a member of a race of giants, either as a Norse Jotun, Greek Cyclops or Titan.

BANNED

Hopefully this Snyderverse thing will end when other directors decide that Snyder shouldn't dictate the tone of their movies. At least in her own solos Wonder Woman should have all of her rogues on the table as possibilities (even a Cheetah that looks like a cross species genetic hybrid and not like a woman in a cat costume from Party City).

Mighty Member

i think itd be cool to see her in a bvs film i mean doomsday was in bvs so i cant imagine it being completely off the table and id love to see how the dccu would interpret her i mean theyve done a great job with everything else so idk why they couldnt handle giganta
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 04-26-2016 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    To me she has always been the character with a cool power but uninspired origin and motivation.
    Giganta has a great origin. She was a gorilla that was super evolved into a powerful woman. She had the hots for Steve Trevor both as a gorilla and as a woman - and Wonder Woman stood in the way. Origin and motivation sorted.

I guess I might be on my own here...

BANNED

It might need to be tweaked so that she only gets the hots for Steve Trevor after she gets super evolved. x3

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    Giganta has a great origin. She was a gorilla that was super evolved into a powerful woman. She had the hots for Steve Trevor both as a gorilla and as a woman - and Wonder Woman stood in the way. Origin and motivation sorted.

I guess I might be on my own here...
    Clarify how being an evolved gorilla translates to you getting growing power? That is the version of the character most people know, yet that origin really doesn't fit with that version of the character.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Clarify how being an evolved gorilla translates to you getting growing power? That is the version of the character most people know, yet that origin really doesn't fit with that version of the character.

I always liked it when Giganta was connected to Grodd. Perhaps they were both citizens of Gorilla City and Grodd experimented on Giganta, turning her into a super-strong human with growth abilities.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Honestly, I've always liked the Super Friends origin where she stole magical powder to make her a giant. There's no reason she can't be a minion of Ares or Circe, who give her growth abilities. Her being an evolved monkey is very campy, which I'm okay with, but to a broader audience I could see how it would be problematic. I like her as a human rather than a full-on mythical giant, though. I think WW's best enemies are the women who reflect how our society has failed them in certain ways.

BANNED

I'm pretty sure they'll change her origin. Keeping my fingers crossed the DCEU uses her at all. I like the idea of her being a human helped by Ares. Maybe even an enemy of Diana's from a past encounter. I hope someone from WB is reading this. >.>

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Honestly, I've always liked the Super Friends origin where she stole magical powder to make her a giant. There's no reason she can't be a minion of Ares or Circe, who give her growth abilities. Her being an evolved monkey is very campy, which I'm okay with, but to a broader audience I could see how it would be problematic. I like her as a human rather than a full-on mythical giant, though. I think WW's best enemies are the women who reflect how our society has failed them in certain ways.

I liked the Super Friends' origin as well plus that would give DC to finally officially introduce Apache Chief into the DCU.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I liked the Super Friends' origin as well plus that would give DC to finally officially introduce Apache Chief into the DCU.
    I always loved Apache Chief in Super Friends! I'm rather surprised he hasn't made his way given how much they've attempted to incorporate more diversity. I also liked Giganta and Long Shadow interacted in JLU ... I rather liked that version of Giganta.