View Poll Results: Is Bobby Drake AKA Iceman a Frost Giant?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 15.15%
  • No

29 87.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This right here. I feel he is just insistent because he has a limited scope of knowledge.
    Good writers don't have their characters say useless stuff specially when panel time is limited.

And since Duggan has said he had plans for Bobby eventually (I believe he said this early on in the Marauders run) then maybe this is the start of that especially considering Bobby was the hero here.

Maybe Conan is wrong about the details but this should lead to something. Maybe Bobby is only part something non-human and this contributed to his Omega level. Unless Duggan's golden days are behind and now he has useless dialogue.

I don’t think this was a retcon for Bobby, I think it was more of Conan only has a certain frame of reference for powered individuals and Bobby looked like a frost giant to him. Iceman was a complete beast in this issue though, I wish we saw him like this more often. The end bit with Conan and Logan made me laugh.

Savage Avengers is the most underrated title at Marvel imho. It touches so many corners of the MU and has just been awesome comic fun the whole time.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I knew a thread like this was going to pop up. This is Conan just using a frame of reference to amp Bobby up, and really it's pretty consistent with Bobby's traditional imposter syndrome -- not believing he had the power to play with the big guns (he does) or even that he was too young and immature to match with the rest of the O5 (he's more than a match) -- and now being told that he is indeed a giant and so he better fight like one. Bobby's not an actual Frost Giant, but to Conan, does a rose by any other name still smell as sweet? Yes. It doesn't matter, just fight to the best of your ability, Man of Ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This right here. I feel he is just insistent because he has a limited scope of knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don’t think this was a retcon for Bobby, I think it was more of Conan only has a certain frame of reference for powered individuals and Bobby looked like a frost giant to him.
    Agreed with both of these statements.

On a side, I'm also reminded of how Ben Grimm, at one point, was compared to the Golem of the Talmud -- he's Jewish and a powerful guardian made of stone and earth. It didn't mean he was the actual Golem, but he hit all the necessary check marks for that particular moment and context. Same here with Bobby and the Frost Giants.
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-25-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm not sure. I see both sides of the argument but it does read as if Conan knows something iceman doesn't.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don’t think this was a retcon for Bobby, I think it was more of Conan only has a certain frame of reference for powered individuals and Bobby looked like a frost giant to him. Iceman was a complete beast in this issue though, I wish we saw him like this more often. The end bit with Conan and Logan made me laugh.

Savage Avengers is the most underrated title at Marvel imho. It touches so many corners of the MU and has just been awesome comic fun the whole time.
    Basically my thoughts lol

'Who's Ymir?'

Iceman fought Ymir in X-Men: First Class in X-Men: First Class Vol. 1, #5

and A+X #7

A mistake, or yet another of the timeline anomalies regarding Iceman?
    Last edited by Icefanatic; 03-25-2021 at 03:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I always thought the frost giant/being thing was Loki tricking him so he could use his power.

No.

Calling him a frost giant would be downplaying what he actually is.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Voted both because it's set to multiple choice and I can.