Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Scarlet Witch/ Wanda Maximoff Discussion (Specifically about dislike)

Do you all think that people are disliking/ expressing hate towards Wanda right now because of the popularity she's having due to WV. I'm curious what everyone's opinons are!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by irlkittypryde View Post
    Do you all think that people are disliking/ expressing hate towards Wanda right now because of the popularity she's having due to WV. I'm curious what everyone's opinons are!
    With the general public, probably many feel she didn't suffer enough consequences.

As for comic fans, I think a lot of X-Fans just hate her because Marvel wants them to in order to sell books

I think people are largely indifferent about Wanda if I'm being honest.

I really do not know.

Why would WV influence hatred?

Did they like Wanda before the show?

What about before those 3 words ("N_ M___ M______") "those words that shall not be spoken"?

Do fans even know Wanda? Do they read old comics to get a feel, understanding and evolution of Wanda? Or any character? Many times I think not! They just hop on board and because they have read some recent things, think they understand the character.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I really do not know.

What about before those 3 words ("N_ M___ M______") "those words that shall not be spoken"?

Do fans even know Wanda? Do they read old comics to get a feel, understanding and evolution of Wanda? Or any character? Many times I think not! They just hop on board and because they have read some recent things, think they understand the character.
    That is true. Sometimes I feel like the only person who read the limited series from the 80's and West Coast lol

Ultimate Member

That is true. Sometimes I feel like the only person who read the limited series from the 80's and West Coast lol
    I knew her first from the late 90s before the craziness

Lol.

I have also seen recently where the newer readers (and let's face it, even the past 20 years is "newer reader" territory when the characters are 50-60 years in print) say that they do not care about the past. Shame on them. The past is what guides/shapes the future. The missed character insight is astounding.

I also forgot to say, "Welcome to CBR"!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I really do not know.

WandaVision has garden more support and love for Wanda’s character and interest in the General Population and even among fans the I could have realized before the end of the show. It Has Garden her Support, Love for her Character, Lore Interesting to such a level now that even TPB of her and Vision are SOLD OUT in various online buying platforms(Those are Physical copies I am taking about), Sympathy for her Journey and Struggles and a connection to audiences as a Major player I scarcely could believe before the start of the show!

Yes their are debates on story elements that need more given to them and we here on CBR have discussed that at interesting verbatim, but it is only the start and it figures the MCU creators are only beginning to tell and flesh out her story yet. So time is needed to let the storytellers tell the story and fill IN the missing points, some effected to by the Pandemic early days.

As for the comics I have always sided against the idea of dislikes of Fiction characters becoming to much, their are enough problems in the world to use that dislike energy on those people and problems that deserves it.

But as you said well Phoenixx9, if one is going to find dislike in character they should give fair credence to as much of their FULL history for fairness in those views to both the character and the fans that like Them. One or 2 mishandled and OOC stories should not make an generally disliked conclusion of any character.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-25-2021 at 09:34 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lol.

I have also seen recently where the newer readers (and let's face it, even the past 20 years is "newer reader" territory when the characters are 50-60 years in print) say that they do not care about the past. Shame on them. The past is what guides/shapes the future. The missed character insight is astounding.

And see that's sad because I'm a really new reader and I STARTED with 80's material because I wanted a good foundation before I went to modern stuff.

Ultimate Member

Lol.

For me, a lot of older stuff is too corny and hard to read. But I respect the influence it has.

Also, Scarlet Witch's portrayal hasn't been great during the past 15 years

And see that's sad because I'm a really new reader and I STARTED with 80's material because I wanted a good foundation before I went to modern stuff.
    Absolutely.

But for older characters like Wanda, Jean and Sue, their 60's and 70's stories are what really shaped them. By the 1980's, they had evolved far past their humble beginnings.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-25-2021 at 09:42 AM.

I don't want another hate thread.

Ultimate Member

Absolutely.

But for older characters like Wanda, Jean and Sue, their 60's and 70's stories are what really shaped them. By the 1980's, they had evolved far past their humble beginnings.
    The Silver Age comics I've read weren't great for female characters

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The Silver Age comics I've read weren't great for female characters
    Yeah, they may have problems and seem dated in many ways. But character consistency was there for the vast majority. It was from there that Marvel made their heroes and heroines personable, lovable and real. And Powers were explained, demonstrated and expanded upon. It just gives a more rounded understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I don't want another hate thread.
    I no hate.

I say love, love, love.