Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea I think it is Marvel Just feels that they can't tell good mutant stories if their are too many mutants, the Persecution of Minorities story that has been the central theme of X-Men for so long. However wither it is 20 million mutants or 200 mutants, Persecution is Persecution, it make for more compelling stories if the X-Men had to defend millions of mutants then just what was cause of those stories just a few hundred. But Marvel felt that less meant they could tell better and more Drama stories.

They seem to be fixing this with Kraoko but I say it is too early to tell yet.

It just all comes down to Writers not wanting to evolve the core ideal of a brand in fear of losing longtime readers and blowback if to much is changed. Hickman seems to have taken risks with this idea and that is good, but it has had blowback too.

So may Marvel is finally ready for more mutants, but we have to see, but so far this is why I think they have not fixed it fully yet, ill confidance in themselves to tell stories outside their ideal of the normal.
    It could be that all the mutants Morrison created were never planned to stick around.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

I think Marvel at this point is stuck in a rut when it comes to mutants. A huge cast of diverse characters shouldn't be limited by one storyline. Ideally I'd like if mutants were allowed to exist in their original homelands, and had stories based on the individual characters. I think mutants could use a break from that

As for Scarlet Witch, she too shouldn't be defined by thaat one moment, especially after being a hero for nearly 40 years before thay

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It could be that all the mutants Morrison created were never planned to stick around.
    I just don't get why more fans are not holding those Really Responsible for this views that have the Real Power on lesser mutants being better stories then they do on Fictional Characters?!

Minds have to change on the top brass before any real change can happen.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

I just don't get why more fans are not holding those Really Responsible for this views that have the Real Power on lesser mutants being better stories then they do on Fictional Characters?!

I don't know why. Maybe if enough people makr their voices heard, Marvel will get it through their heads

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't know why. Maybe if enough people makr their voices heard, Marvel will get it through their heads
    That should be how it is done if real change is to ever happen, but it would take allot of force and concrete effort to show fans want such change.

I just don't wait for such to enjoy a character, Like Me and Phoenixx9 have always said, to truely know a character and to truly know you like or dislike a character you need to put in the work to getting to know them. Just going by 1 or 2 badly made issues that lied about a character up and down should be offensive to any fan and true ideals on theme should be a body on all their work, not just the 1 most talked about.

A Character full canon is what and should truly define them, anytime I was judging a character like I did with Scott Summers one time, a fan told me to not judge them by some works, more works do him more justice. Indeed that is Correct, so why not the Same for Wanda or Hal Jordan or Iron Man?! The Body of work is what matter if we call ourselves fans of canon, not fans of 1 or 2 stories to judge a charcter all by.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I don't know either. Characters don't have control of themselves and only are what writers and editors make of them.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

That should be how it is done if real change is to ever happen, but it would take allot of force and concrete effort to show fans want such change.

I just don't wait for such to enjoy a character, Like Me and Phoenixx9 have always said, to truely know a character and to truly know you like or dislike a character you need to put in the work to getting to know them. Just going by 1 or 2 badly made issues that lied about a character up and down should be offensive to any fan and true ideals on theme should be a body on all their work, not just the 1 most talked about.

A Character full canon is what and should truly define them, anytime I was judging a character like I did with Scott Summers one time, a fan told me to not judge them by some works, more works do him more justice. Indeed that is Correct, so why not the Same for Wanda or Hal Jordan or Iron Man?! The Body of work is what matter if we call ourselves fans of canon, not fans of 1 or 2 stories to judge a charcter all by.
    I've gotten to know scott a bit more. He's not may favorite X-Man, but he's ok. If he's in the MCU he needs a better showing than in the XCU

My problem with how they're handling Wanda is they're not being very forward thinking IMO. I hope WandaVision has encouraged people to check her out beyond just the poorer recent representations

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They don't like the Avengers and (understandably) resent the way Marvel downplayed the X-Men until they got the movie rights back.
    Hmmm Id like to hear more about myself....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    This was my introduction to these characters and Marvel in general.

Attachment 107903

Made in the 70's reprinting some stories from the 60's, it's why I'm still a fan today.
    Errr why is Starfire on cover? lol
    I think Marvel at this point is stuck in a rut when it comes to mutants. A huge cast of diverse characters shouldn't be limited by one storyline. Ideally I'd like if mutants were allowed to exist in their original homelands, and had stories based on the individual characters. I think mutants could use a break from that
    Bruh you don't even read the comics how can you form an opinion?
    What do mean original homelands?
    GrindrStone(D)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Bruh you don't even read the comics how can you form an opinion?
    What do mean original homelands?
    I'm getting back into X-comics now. I'm just saying Marvel was too obsessed with decimating and mistreating mutants rather than letting them live. I don't think they need to always be mistreated to have drama.

By homelands i mean places mutants used to live before moving to Krakoa.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I don't think Wanda fans have any reason to complain, frankly. The insistence that everyone must love comics-Wanda probably drives some of the backlash. There's only a couple of books where she is negatively name-dropped, which makes perfect sense. You can hardly create a new Mutant homeland and pretend that the greatest tragedy to ever befall Mutants never happened. The moment that reduced Mutants to next-to-nothing. However, in the vast majority of the Marvel universe, Wanda is back to being a hero like nothing ever happened. And in the MCU, she's in great shape as an interesting character that has grown significantly in personality, power and prominence.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I don't think Wanda fans have any reason to complain, frankly. The insistence that everyone must love comics-Wanda probably drives some of the backlash. There's only a couple of books where she is negatively name-dropped, which makes perfect sense. You can hardly create a new Mutant homeland and pretend that the greatest tragedy to ever befall Mutants never happened. The moment that reduced Mutants to next-to-nothing. However, in the vast majority of the Marvel universe, Wanda is back to being a hero like nothing ever happened. And in the MCU, she's in great shape as an interesting character that has grown significantly in personality, power and prominence.
    I don't think anyone should love Wanda tbh. I feel more Marvel dropped the ball in actually making her fix everything so everyone could move one.

You may be on to something....
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I don't think anyone should love Wanda tbh. I feel more Marvel dropped the ball in actually making her fix everything so everyone could move one.
    But why? Why does Marvel need readers to move on from attempted genocide? It's not impacting the books or the character in a negative way. Wanda's had a solo series and been prominent in a couple of Avengers mini-series. I highly doubt it's impacted sales for any book. Why can't a small subset of readers continue to dislike someone who got away with the genetics-based elimination of nearly an entire group of people with no in-universe penalty? Why do they have to read her obscure back catalogue or change their mind? People dislike other characters for a lot less from a longer time ago and no one cares.

Ultimate Member

But why? Why does Marvel need readers to move on from attempted genocide? It's not impacting the books or the character in a negative way. Wanda's had a solo series and been prominent in a couple of Avengers mini-series. I highly doubt it's impacted sales for any book. Why can't a small subset of readers continue to dislike someone who got away with the genetics-based elimination of nearly an entire group of people with no in-universe penalty? Why do they have to read her obscure back catalogue or change their mind? People dislike other characters for a lot less from a longer time ago and no one cares.
    Maybe you're right. I don't think she should be welcomed back tbh, nor should readers have to like her, especially after what happened to the mutants. I just kinda felt the character was "assassinated" for the plot purpose.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You may be on to something....
    I’m I never seen any Wanda Fan demand or expect her to be loved by all, that is not what our talk was getting at, if it seemed like that sorry for that miscommunication, that was never the intent.

My point was this is so vital of an issue for fans about HoM, why don’t they talk about and hold the company and editors to more of a responsibility to help move this issue to a conclusion, why do they seem to even before HoM thinking lesser mutants and more drama threw that was the only way they could be written if it made so many fans on both sides so upset?

Also if fans like me bring up characters actions in a few comics and then get told to understand them threw more and Classic stories to understand their true characters, why does Wanda not have that as we being in around 1,100 books and the HoM story ignored 15 years of canon to make that happen, should we not hold the very company responsible for telling such lies to further uncanon agendas and why should we be ok with this when it is done to a character like Wanda and why Wanda Fans can’t question such a wrongdoing?!

Those are just some of my points I was trying to get at.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-30-2021 at 08:11 AM.