Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I mean, I don't like arguing with other posters like this, tbh, but I also don't like seeing what I feel is incorrect information
    I mean I understand at the same time you talking to someone stuck in they ways ain't really no point. You're better off just agreeing to disagree.

IMO Avengers current run is complete **** they need a rebrand asap Aaron ain't doing nothing with them & Savage Avengers is underrated. At the same time I ain't gonna act like the X-Brand is just gold right now, Excalibur is shitted on 24/7, X-Force is lackluster at best, Marauders is a stealth Emma Frost & Kitty Pride solo and that's lost fans & the plot moves slow, Cable is hated, only hard-core Logan fans really care about Wolverine & X of Swords killed alot of hype current X-Run had hopefully the Gala spices things up again. Theirs improvement needed on both brands & some of the current comics need to end aswell.

Some of the classic Avengers. They pick and choose who they add at times. And Aaron's team has many of the Classic Avengers. His run is just boring.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean I understand at the same time you talking to someone stuck in they ways ain't really no point. You're better off just agreeing to disagree.

IMO Avengers current run is complete **** they need a rebrand asap Aaron ain't doing nothing with them & Savage Avengers is underrated. At the same time I ain't gonna act like the X-Brand is just gold right now, Excalibur is shitted on 24/7, X-Force is lackluster at best, Marauders is a stealth Emma Frost & Kitty Pride solo and that's lost fans & the plot moves slow, Cable is hated, only hard-core Logan fans rely care about Wolverine & X of Swords killed alot of hype current X-Run had hopefully the Gala spices things up again. Theirs improvement needed on both brands & some of the current comics need to end aswell.

^ Exactly this. All this.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

IMO Avengers current run is complete **** they need a rebrand asap Aaron ain't doing nothing with them & Savage Avengers is underrated. At the same time I ain't gonna act like the X-Brand is just gold right now, Excalibur is shitted on 24/7, X-Force is lackluster at best, Marauders is a stealth Emma Frost & Kitty Pride solo and that's lost fans & the plot moves slow, Cable is hated, only hard-core Logan fans really care about Wolverine & X of Swords killed alot of hype current X-Run had hopefully the Gala spices things up again. Theirs improvement needed on both brands & some of the current comics need to end aswell.

there can always be improvements sure let's leave it at that, even if the bottom of the barrel of one wouldnt even be a barrel for another, it be a very fancy vase.
    and maybe on cbr but the hype's pretty alive for year two, year two of marvel now/all new all difrent was already falling apart with super kwol new status quo's relaunches on the line.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-28-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    as yes uncanny avengers, cancelled, my point still stands you can ask the fans of those characters too, the classic avengers have been scrubbed off.
    I mean, I agree with you that the X-Men are more popular than the Avengers -- even with the huge success of the 1998 revamp, it didn't outsell the two main X-Men books, even though they were not going through a great period creatively. The X-Men are also far more suited to supporting a line of comics, because the only thing you need for an X-book is mutants, while the Avengers are supposed to be an exclusive club, and multiple Avengers books are impossible to tell apart (like who could really tell Avengers and Uncanny Avengers apart? the latter was just a regular Avengers team with a couple more mutants than usual).

...But the fact that the classic Avengers are being ignored doesn't really seem like a case against them, as opposed to the editors and writers.

Feige was stuck with the characters who weren't popular enough to be sold to other studios, so he made them popular. He just made Scarlet Witch and Vision popular, and they're the ultimate B-list classic Avengers that the comics won't use. If the comics can't even figure out how to use these characters at all then that's not a problem inherent to the characters. Just like the X-Men weren't popular, and then Chris Claremont and co. went to work on them and made them into Marvel's top team.

BANNED

i never understood what she's eating... like a burrito? see this gif all the time but im not sure ...

Ultimate Member

Yeah, neither series is always perfect. I've criticized both over the years, but without taking it all too personally. I don't see either as inherently deeper than the other

Maybe I shouldn't bother discussing with him. I just didn't see the point in what seemed to me to be unnecessary combativeness.

i never understood what she's eating... like a burrito? see this gif all the time but im not sure ...
    Ooohhh ok so if I recall these broads were acting a fool tryna fight and all that **** & Mimi (lady in the gif) was eating Nacho's and she known for always eating some **** when stuff is going down. So one of the girls was laughing she said, "Everytime **** go down Mimi just sit & eat her food lol" then it cut to Mimi's confessional of her eating the burrito minding her buisness it's a running gag on love & hip hop!!

Ultimate Member

What is this show?

BANNED

Ooohhh ok so if I recall these broads were acting a fool tryna fight and all that **** & Mimi (lady in the gif) was eating Nacho's and she known for always eating some **** when stuff is going down. So one of the girls was laughing she said, "Everytime **** go down Mimi just sit & eat her food lol" then it cut to Mimi's confessional of her eating the burrito minding her buisness it's a running gag on love & hip hop!!

Okay that's funny as **** and very relatable, I cant be like this because you can eat and talk **** at the same time.
    So I do.

I want a burrito now

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What is this show?
    Love & hip hop Atlanta OG messy reality show second to only RHOA & the source of some of the best Gifs this world has ever seen!!

Okay that's funny as **** and very relatable, I cant be like this because you can eat and talk **** at the same time.
    So I do.

I want a burrito now
    I legit just got a steak Burrito from Moes!!

Ultimate Member

Love & hip hop Atlanta OG messy reality show second to only RHOA & the source of some of the best Gifs this world has ever seen!!
    Ok. I don't watch reality tv so I have no idea of the context!

BANNED

The x-men have actualy interesting scifi and fantasy concepts, villains, exciting characters and storylines that sorta counter your opinion.

If they made the red headed step child of marvel, the avengers, who in 40 years combined have like 2 good stories, a handfull of iconic villains and were left to the background as failures until millar's Ultimates and bendis run completly shook the foundation, creating their own versions of the team thats similar in name only, in millar's case changing their personalities and team goal to near parody levels or in bendis's case, getting rid of most of the classic cast and replacing it with spider man, wolverine and the heroes for hire and any and all possible popular character that they can trow into it for a quick cover cameo, then they started to be sucessfull.

Funny how avengers had to be torn to shreds then replaced to be sucessfull.
    Imagine what they will do with decades of execptional stories that the x-men have, or even basic concepts.

The x-men have been popular since the 80's, they never needed a complete makeover that ignores most of their classic history and characters or an ultimate universe version to make them relevant.
    There's a reason krakoa has 12 books and the avengers have two (if you count savage) , without an inorganic editorial mandate that went ahead to nearly rewrite marvel's history to enforce the ilusion that the avengers are suddenly the center of the universe, they return to what they are, a shallow team with no identity.

while the x-men universe has praticaly endless possibilities, endless reach and a pratically endless cast of characters to use that all spark imagination and interest.
    The X-Men do have a ton of characters, but that's only because for decades the franchise has been trying to push the idea of a younger generation of mutants and wave after wave of student characters have been pushed out and met with complete indifference by most fans. The core group of X-Men that people can actually recognize is largely the same group as from the Claremont era, and even then many of them have been coasting on their reputation for a while now. For example, everyone considers Storm to be this iconic character but for the life of me I can't remember the last time she even did anything noteworthy, only Claremont really knew how to write her and even his stuff doesn't quite read the same if you remind yourself that she was pretty much just his vehicle for playing out all his fetishes on the page.