Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

He could have done it with any other plot device but his fetish for mentally unstable women got the better of him really.

Quote Originally Posted by irlkittypryde View Post
    Do you all think that people are disliking/ expressing hate towards Wanda right now because of the popularity she's having due to WV. I'm curious what everyone's opinons are!
    Before WandaVision, it was as virulent. But it’s true that any love towards this fictional character tends to be met with acrimony.

Personally, I don’t understand why so many villains are treated nowadays with such lenience…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    One of my fave characters. I think Bendis went too far with her, but then that gave us some great X-men stories...
    That's the biggest problem. She was just used for her powers to fuel stories for everyone else but herself.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Before WandaVision, it was as virulent. But it’s true that any love towards this fictional character tends to be met with acrimony.

Personally, I don’t understand why so many villains are treated nowadays with such lenience…
    Are those villain usually male and/or White? Because that might be your answer.

BANNED

because wanda was the main cause for like 7 years of comic x-men misery, returns and is immediatly favoured by the new mandate "avengers rulez x-men droolz" that made the x-men into the ACTUAL villains for DARING to be angry at senorita wanda.

then heroic wanda smacks down the eeeeevil mutants empowered by the phoenix
    then uncanny avengers that has her say stuff like "why was it important for mutants to be born" "i paid for crimes, will scott summers?"+reveals she can do the spell again and all it takes to make her want to is a bit of telepathic push+ states that mutants have no culture or identity even tho she killed what existed+pratically treats the various mutants on the team as criminals , slutshames rogue, etc etc.
    All equal a quite awful character on the x-men's prespective.

dont be a wanda!
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-26-2021 at 06:43 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    because wanda was the main cause for like 7 years of comic x-men misery, returns and is immediatly favoured by the new mandate "avengers rulez x-men droolz" that made the x-men into the ACTUAL villains for DARING to be angry at senorita wanda.

then uncanny avengers that has her say stuff like "why was it important for mutants to be born" "i paid for crimes, will scott summers?"+reveals she can do the spell again and all it takes to make her want to is a bit of telepathic push+ states that mutants have no culture or identity even tho she killed what existed+pratically treats the various mutants on the team as criminals , slutshames rogue, etc etc.

dont be a wanda!
    Uh ok. I get you don't like what happened

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

dont be a wanda!
    Well I Love Being Wanda Fan, so their is always a Flipside to these Fandoms and strange comic dialogue, But still should be Respect for our Differances.

I done to death these Debates for a Decade Now on CBR and theirs always flip sides to them but it never ends, so I stay out of them for the majority part cause I find little value in them anymore.

Espically since Views are Views, but even moreso cause Views of the Masses outside of CBR are always a Majority Fans Love Wanda and Blame both Marvel, Bendis and Joe Quesada for these wrongs far more then anything else, even more to degrees then Me even.

Their is a brewing dislike for those that misshandle their jobs.

But I am still an interested man, Instead of What was, What do you want for Wanda's Future Ferro?!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Well I Love Being Wanda Fan, so their is always a Flipside to these Fandoms and strange comic dialogue, But still should be Respect for our Differances.

I done to death these Debates for a Decade Now on CBR and theirs always flip sides to them but it never ends, so I stay out of them for the majority part cause I find little value in them anymore.

Espically since Views are Views, but even moreso cause Views of the Masses outside of CBR are always a Majority Fans Love Wanda and Blame both Marvel, Bendis and Joe Quesada for these wrongs far more then anything else, even more to degrees then Me even.

Their is a brewing dislike for those that misshandle their jobs.

But I am still an interested man, Instead of What was, What do you want for Wanda's Future Ferro?!
    Im more interested in the x-men, I cannot care for the rest of marvel so to me wanda is The Pretender, an antagonist at best a cassandra nova/dark phoenix/shadow king type of lore figure in the x-men mythos as a great evil, at worst.

Now, it's a matter of prespective here, empyre x-men and WoX write about wanda in a way that's relevant and important for the mutants/krakoa, and that isn't necessarly what wanda fans will like because these characters and universe deserve a story that deals with that very important event (wich in universe was at best 3 years ago or so for these krakoans) in a way that's about them.
    Hickman/spurrier aren't writing for wanda, but about her, because that's what they have to do.

That means treating her as she deserves to be treated for her actions.
    But it's a matter of prespective, only because i want her to be held acountable, put at a distance and hated by the x-men doesnt mean she doesn't deserve content on the rest of marvel.
    yeah it's silly she isnt in a team and I think it deserves to be changed, just like i belive she deserves to be hated by krakoa

I don't like wanda, I probably will never like her and im happy with the story about wanda from the x-men's prespective but outside of it IDC what she does on the avengers or the magic side all that i know it's silly they aren't being more proactive in capitalizing off wandavision.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-26-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

But why can Magneto be absolved when he's far more evil?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Because he has an X Gene

Same way Apocalypse has murdered tens of millions and destroyed countless civilisations and brags about it but is treated as the X-Men’s quirky uncle because sob story

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Because he has an X Gene

Same way Apocalypse has murdered tens of millions and destroyed countless civilisations and brags about it but is treated as the X-Men’s quirky uncle because sob story
    See, I get the anger at SW, although it could be considered OOC, but letting actual genocidal murderers and dictators waltz free while bashing her seems inconsistent

Hypocrisy

Last edited by Journey; 03-26-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Im more interested in the x-men, I cannot care for the rest of marvel so to me wanda is The Pretender, an antagonist at best a cassandra nova/dark phoenix/shadow king type of lore figure in the x-men mythos as a great evil, at worst.

Now, it's a matter of prespective here, empyre x-men and WoX write about wanda in a way that's relevant and important for the mutants/krakoa, and that isn't necessarly what wanda fans will like because these characters and universe deserve a story that deals with that very important event (wich in universe was at best 3 years ago or so for these krakoans) in a way that's about them.
    That means treating her as she deserves to be treated for her actions, but it's a matter of prespective, only because i want her to be held acountable, put at a distance and hated by the x-men doesnt mean she doesn't deserve content, yeah it's silly she isnt in a team and I think it deserves to be changed.

I don't like wanda, I probably will never like her and im happy with the story about wanda from the x-men's prespective but outside of it IDC what she does on the avengers or the magic side all that i know it's silly they aren't being more proactive in capitalizing off wandavision.
    See Indeed for even a parts of your points like Wanda Not being used in the Comics we can agree upon, so Their is Common Ground their is to have.

Also I remember you and me Ferro where in more agreement then disagreement over the Empyre X-men stuff as well hoping it go somewhere but they flopped on that it seemed by the end, which just dispointed those hoping for more if they where finally going their.

I don't think it is even a Matter of Perspective or Want, more that the only way to do a Final Book about this whole Wanda and X-Men debate would need to be taken Seriously by Marvel and be the conclusion of it in the end that sets good for both parts of the Fandom, Wanda Fans and X-Men Fans.

But I also believe their are Plenty of X-Fans and I Know Plenty that are also Loving Wanda Fans too, Me Included Allot!

We want to see it work out for both sides cause any divide while we debate it's logic and points at times want it to come to an end as well so any story that pleases both sides to the best it can, not perfect, but above normal would be good.

HOWEVER, Indeed it is understandable why many, espically Wanda Fans don't want that book and makes sense cause we don't trust Marvel to do it justice and many feel it is time to move forward cause it never seems to work out.

No Fandom wants more pain or contested dialogue for any characters between them, so until then I side with not doing it until Marvel puts on Big-Boy pants and proves they are serious and that be allot of proving the have to do and I don't know how they do it. To Give Confidence in Us, Marvel has to show they are Serious at the very least as a starting point and still they need to work to earn that respect.

So I get it and Hope for the Better in the Future Despite these differences, but it is always good to find common ground too.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-26-2021 at 07:28 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Because everyone in-universe treats Magneto like he's a villain, or at least an ex-villain. Some writers may minimize his past crimes, but the story is always about Magneto, the villain and terrorist who is also much more than that.

What gets some X-Men fans (like Ferro) mad is the way stories like Children's Crusade, Avengers vs. X-Men and Uncanny Avengers seemed to minimize her crimes or at least make the people who were angry at her look unreasonable.

What it always comes back to is that what Wanda did at the end of House of M should disqualify her from ever being considered a hero again, and Marvel has never -- to this day -- retconned it so that it wasn't really her fault (the closest is still Doom taking credit for it, and that was never intended to be a definitive explanation). I hate that and ignore it because it was out of character, but I recognize that anyone who mostly cares about the X-Men and doesn't care about pre-HoM Wanda has no reason to care.

BANNED

X-men characters don't operate on a simple or basic good or evil axis and magneto has paid his dues and gotten his L's, wanda is the homelander of the marvel universe, was she a pure villain id care far less, but her "im still part of earths mightest heroes giving press conferences" type of heroic just rubs me the wrong way like every evil figure in fiction that hides behind titles and PR.
    Once wanda gets some type of consequences ill be happy! until then and after she's the pretender.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-26-2021 at 07:36 PM.