Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Yeah but the thing about that is, Magneto and Emma Frost were both way better as villains because turning them into heroes robbed them of anything interesting. Magneto's whole schtick was that he was a Holocaust survivor who turned into a fascist himself, that's a hell of a mindfuck and makes his character iconic.
    Magneto wasn't a Holocaust survivor until Claremont took over the character, and it was Claremont who also had Magneto first join the X-Men. So his whole "schtick" wasn't really even a thing until the guy who first turned him into a hero introduced it after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    But when you go and make it so that his dream of building a mutant ethnostate was good actually and that all humans deserve whatever's coming to them because they oppress mutants, well then it starts reading more like a fanfic written by someone who doesn't understand the character or the franchise, and that has been a persistent problem with the X-Men line for a number of years. And don't even get me started on Emma, to go from being the White Queen and all around boss ass bitch, to being some simpering sycophant just pining for Cyclops all day, what a damn waste.
    And Emma became a hero back in Generation X, well before she started hooking up with Cyclops.

While I admit Magneto and Emma Frost are iconic X-Men foes, at this point I have no interest in seeing either characters backslide back into villainy. Both have grown far too much over the last several decades of comics.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    now the franchise is big again, they have Hickman. Really need to let it go, Wanda wasnt the reason x-men fell on quality
    Most People I know in Life Always direct their frustrations at the Creators, I have yet to meet 1 comic book owner that likes alot of the work Bendis did on Avengers cause of his disrespect for canon and they all like Wanda allot.

So in RL the blame gets put on where it needs too, it is the only way to change what fans want out of the books, the People with the Pens.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    now the franchise is big again, they have Hickman. Really need to let it go, Wanda wasnt the reason x-men fell on quality
    that makes no sense, those stories are still in continuity, M day and it's reprocursions were enourmous in every sense of the word and you cannot write about mutant's as a people witout one of their darkest times and the reason for said hard times.

"Please dont write about hundreds of issues, 4 major crossovers and dozens of arcs , think of pooor wanda"
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-27-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    that makes no sense, those stories are still in continuity, M day and it's reprocursions were enourmous in every sense of the word and you cannot write about mutant's as a people witout one of their darkest times and the reason for said hard times.

"Please dont write about hundreds of issues, 4 major crossovers and dozens of arcs , think of pooor wanda"
    Well, many want her to be redeemed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    well that's not going to happen, so it is what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    When you think about it, Magneto’s been on a crazy path for 40 years, up and down, redemption and relapsing. I think he can be whatever fans want, since even the writers couldn’t agree for decades. The Beyonder even put him with all the greatest heroes in the original Secret Wars. And like Wanda, he’s been more sympathetic in video, which seems to have a halo over the comics.
    Yes, what is in a character, exactly? For my part, I like some authors and their take on some characters… which is usually not very different from the first time I met them.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Yeah think of the character that got thrown away so everyone else could get stories for sure.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The concept of redemption IMO is really just on the readers for me Wanda been redeemed since A Vs X that was the end of that shit, which is why I liked in Uncanny Avengers she was just over the whole situation I found that fitting she did what she could do if people still want to be upset that's on them she didn't give AF anymore I respected that attitude, I personally am not about to keep apologizing for the same shit over & over again I didn't expect her too either eventually that shit gets old.

So to have her regress in Empyre to this sorry sour puss who makes zombies in Empyre was dumb to me like for what sis? Why are we still on this shit they flourishing on they little island, u got a man, yo sanity, baby daddy squashed beef, kids living they best life, u good & they good so why are we here. And I don't even care about Wanda like that but even I thought that was a bad portrayal.

I say all this shit to say it's on you whether or not Wanda is "redeemed" sameway it's on you if u forgive Logan for his BS, Scott, Jean, Stark, Rodgers, Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, Magneto, Iceman ect. Cause despite what this forum would have you believe I've found that most people don't really give AF about the effects of M-Day it really only took a select few out of play all the major X-Characters got their powers back 1 way or another, & those who died/suffered are being dealt with now so.... *shrugs*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah think of the character that got thrown away so everyone else could get stories for sure.
    They don't have to, she's not an x-men character, she's an x-men villain.
    Whatever treatment she recieves from the x-books will always be deserved and necessary for a better x-men story, now its the avengers office responsibility to care about her, not the x-office.

They don't have to, she's not an x-men character, she's an x-men villain.
    Whatever treatment she recieves from the x-books will always be deserved and necessary for a better x-men story, now its the avengers office responsibility to care about her, not the x-office
    She's not even an X-Men villain. X-Men villains get story.

Deserved to you. But it comes off extremist. Especially since out of story it wrecked a character for everyone else's story. There's a difference between getting hacked from a story and just having bad shit happen to you. Mutants had bad things happen to them, but always will. Because Marvel thinks they need to suffer constantly. That was gonna happen regardless of Wanda, and already started to happen before her. And pretty much everyone has their powers back or is back.

She's just convenient to hate from a small minority. It's Marvel's responsibility to care about her. This isn't two separate companies at war with each other. Not like some fans like to believe.

Ultimate Member

well that's not going to happen, so it is what it is!
    Why not? If Magneto can, why can't she?

She's just convenient to hate from a small minority. It's Marvel's responsibility to care about her. This isn't two separate companies at war with each other. Not like some fans like to believe.
    It's not 2 companies fighting but some seem to want it to be.

Why not? If Magneto can, why can't she?

It's not 2 companies fighting but some seem to want it to be.
    Some people feed off the us vs. them a lot. But the writers working on X-stuff right now also worked on A-stuff. And they all discuss future stories together.

Ultimate Member

Some people feed off the us vs. them a lot. But the writers working on X-stuff right now also worked on A-stuff. And they all discuss future stories together.
    So then why does it look like they want division?

So then why does it look like they want division?
    I have no idea. You'd have to get into their headspace for that.

Ultimate Member

I have no idea. You'd have to get into their headspace for that.
    Ok. Personally I think prolonging feuds between the two sides could be childish and destructive, both for creators and fans