Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

You know what I found funny. Fuego, Aguilla and Sangre were all killed by Rogue X-Men team. Of the first introduced Children, only Perro and Serafina survived. Later the CotV reappeared, now under leadership of Cadena, including Serafina and Perro and a few others (who were very interesting) like Corregidora, the handsome Olvido and Piedra Dura. No one seems to be bothered that Fuego, Aguilla and Sangre reappeared without explaining how they cheated death and that there is no sign of Cadena and her crew of Children.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    LauraxMagik? That sounds like fun, I can ship that.
    LauraxPixie would be so cute I wouldn't need anything sweet to eat in my life<3
    Would love if some story confirmed Laura as bi.

I think it should, Duggan mentioned something about Synch design for Gala on twitter iirc.
    Found it. So he at least leaves

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...902368263?s=19

my take:
    everett & laura, if they do anything, will be doing it solely because of loneliness or simple "only if you were the last person on Earth"
    Then after five hundred years they run out of infatuation and energy for it.
    They escape and bring their info to Xavier, die voluntarily somehow to be reborn without the memories of the relationship, the way Domino got stuff erased. [as Hickman once said "putting the toys back in the box the way I found them"]
    So they can have a chance going forward to have it (or not) be under such circumstances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    my take:
    everett & laura, if they do anything, will be doing it solely because of loneliness or simple "only if you were the last person on Earth"
    Then after five hundred years they run out of infatuation and energy for it.
    They escape and bring their info to Xavier, die voluntarily somehow to be reborn without the memories of the relationship, the way Domino got stuff erased. [as Hickman once said "putting the toys back in the box the way I found them"]
    So they can have a chance going forward to have it (or not) be under such circumstances.
    Given Marvel’s obsession with maintaining the status quo, I absolutely see all three dying at the end of the arc. No way they’re going to allow them all to age FIFTY years, much less the potentially hundreds they could be trapped there. ESPECIALLY Laura. Having her ending up as older and more experienced than Logan flips far too much of the script.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I loved Monet x Creed. One of very few pairings I was invested in. But until it's referenced again with some closure given, it's filler, and was written like it was meant to be. Like a lot of stuff during that era.

And everything is definitely not canon given how much contradiction exists, especially with Creed's character.

Examples
    • It was revealed 20 years ago that he never raped Silver Fox, then Loeb' came back & says he did. Which one is true? They both can't be.
    • In his 90's mini series, he had to be shown a picture of Mystique when Graydon ordered him to kill her. When he met her, he joked that she looks just like her picture. So he'd never interacted with the real her prior to Graydon getting them reacquainted. Remender wrote that he met the real her, tried to kill her, then had sex with her. Noting like how their first meeting went in the 90's. Both are not canon.
    • Past Creed was intelligent, dangerous, and skilled. Current Creed is dumb as a box of rocks, unskilled, and a huge jobber. Which characterization is canon? They both can't be. So sadly, we gotta go with the one that's been used the most in the last 18 years. So we can safely say Pre-Chuck Austen Creed is no longer canon.

So you see my point? lol Right now, there's no reason to think Creed x Monet is still canon given how it was written & subsequently dropped.
    Is this how canon works though?

All long running franchises have contradictions or stories that state one thing then another writer comes along and writes something completely different. Since when did we start throwing out pieces of continuity because they don't always gel unless otherwise specified in a story arc designed to retcon a story or character? With Monet and Creed, was there a story that retconned that angle because I thought Pak followed up on it, terribly but he did follow up on it.

I loved Monet x Creed. One of very few pairings I was invested in. But until it's referenced again with some closure given, it's filler, and was written like it was meant to be. Like a lot of stuff during that era.

And everything is definitely not canon given how much contradiction exists, especially with Creed's character.

Examples
    • It was revealed 20 years ago that he never raped Silver Fox, then Loeb' came back & says he did. Which one is true? They both can't be.
    • In his 90's mini series, he had to be shown a picture of Mystique when Graydon ordered him to kill her. When he met her, he joked that she looks just like her picture. So he'd never interacted with the real her prior to Graydon getting them reacquainted. Remender wrote that he met the real her, tried to kill her, then had sex with her. Noting like how their first meeting went in the 90's. Both are not canon.
    • Past Creed was intelligent, dangerous, and skilled. Current Creed is dumb as a box of rocks, unskilled, and a huge jobber. Which characterization is canon? They both can't be. So sadly, we gotta go with the one that's been used the most in the last 18 years. So we can safely say Pre-Chuck Austen Creed is no longer canon.

So you see my point? lol Right now, there's no reason to think Creed x Monet is still canon given how it was written & subsequently dropped.
    Hate that M & Creed ship with a passion but to make every work that u posted above is similar say Creed clone/clones did some of the stuff & Real Creed did some aswell it’s a easy fix.. On another note hopefully Synch & Darwin get some much need hair/facial hair & redesign after/because of this arc.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Is this how canon works though?

All long running franchises have contradictions or stories that state one thing then another writer comes along and writes something completely different. Since when did we start throwing out pieces of continuity because they don't always gel unless otherwise specified in a story arc designed to retcon a story or character? With Monet and Creed, was there a story that retconned that angle because I thought Pak followed up on it, terribly but he did follow up on it.
    Pak's Weapon X was the height of filler. lol!

Omega Red was an anti-hero in that series which is clearly not the case anymore. It ends with Monet being horrified at Creed getting killed, and wondering where he was at the end of the series. Skip to the Hickman era & that's apparently not the case anymore either.

Another infamous example, there's The First X-Men. A mini series written that shows Wolverine & Sabretooth used to be buddies & that they actually gathered & started the first X-Men team where Sabretooth fell in love with a teenage mutant named Holly, aka Holo whom he wanted a family with. And his feud with Wolverine started when Creed blamed Logan for her death & vows to take away everything he loved in the same way.

Now, does anyone honestly acknowledge that as canon? lol

If not, it's a classic example of how some things are dismissed depending on how badly it contradicts everything else. Much as I liked Creed x Monet and even Creed x Holly, the ships are moot & don't count for anything.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-26-2021 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Laura belongs to Hellion. Period.
    In the age of Krakoan polyamory the can dip their chips in several jars of salsa. But last we checked Laura didn’t want any of that anymore.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    In the age of Krakoan polyamory the can dip their chips in several jars of salsa. But last we checked Laura didn’t want any of that anymore.
    True. Depending on how far Marvel goes with it, there's enough of everyone to go around.

Hard to tell in writing, but Hickman did say when his era was first getting started that nobody would believe him if he said a story was gonna open on a mutant orgy.

If he was serious, then the X-Men have entered into the Free Love stage for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    This is why the vault team should have been launched as the new exiles. It would have really fleshed out the vault and would have been nice.i still think the were ment to but covid screwed them. On the pluss side with marvel moving to penguin and them offering better delivery quality and discounts then the idiots who used were still using windows 95 they might be able to pump out more books faster
    That's a damn good idea! Maybe have one of the CoTV members switch sides and join up with them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    That's a damn good idea! Maybe have one of the CoTV members switch sides and join up with them.
    The funny thing is there are friendly in their, Luz had a thing for indra and saved magneto and rouge. The cov keep membes captive to be used as battery's to powere the vault. We could have had the vault team leading a full on rebellion

Laura and Everett holding hands. Aww.
    Let's see how they managed to survive for centuries without being killed or just ejected, and how their minds are once they leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Sure, but people are already getting heated on this idea of a forced relationship over one panel which is silly. If people want to talk how it might have evolved over 50 years, or other ways that are more speculative I think that makes good discourse for sure. Maybe it's like the recent Star-Lord throuple that happened in Guardians?

I just think it's silly to start flipping the table about forced relationships, skipping courtship, and issues dealing with race.
    Agreed with all you said! Unfortunately even in 2021! Somehow anything connected to a black male is made to be controversial ESPECIALLY when it comes to love and race. If we all didn't have to worry about petty minded racism this medium would be capable of so much more!

True. Depending on how far Marvel goes with it, there's enough of everyone to go around.

Hard to tell in writing, but Hickman did say when his era was first getting started that nobody would believe him if he said a story was gonna open on a mutant orgy.

If he was serious, then the X-Men have entered into the Free Love stage for a bit.
    The mutant orgy never happened, pure marketing from Hickman. On the Morrison level of "johnny and susan storm want to have sex" for his FF 1234

It is just pure lip service

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This look likes a past Hickman's story on Avengers
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-26-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

I'm just going to guess that once Hickman leaves the open relationships will go with him...thankfully imho...that might fit for some characters but not everybody...