Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

How is the maybe beginning of a relationship "sudden and forced"? Synch smiles like he is interested her in the last issue. This issue he is holding her because of his powers but it can also be seen as an attraction. This literally them laying the groundwork. If they get together this where it "begins."

PS Plus we aren't characters 24 hours/7 days a week/ 365 days in a year. If they want to skip things to get more interesting parts of the relationship it is fine, Comics have only so much page space which means it never has a lot of time in it some stuff has to be set up quickly or done off panel.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-25-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

As far as I'm concerned, these three should form the center of the official X-Men roster.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, these three should form the center of the official X-Men roster.
    EXtreme X-men

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    How is the maybe beginning of a relationship "sudden and forced"? Synch smiles like he is interested her in the last issue. This issue he is holding her because of his powers but it can also be seen as an attraction. This literally them laying the groundwork. If they get together this where it "begins."

PS Plus we aren't characters 24 hours/7 days a week/ 365 days in a year. If they want to skip things to get more interesting parts of the relationship it is fine, Comics have only so much page space which means it never has a lot of time in it some stuff has to be set up quickly or done off panel.
    Sure, let's skip things, Instead of telling stories

The beginning was so cringey

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I noted it in another thread.

If Synch & Layra are together, there's a ton of irony there.

We got 3 GenX members who formed close relations with clawed mutants.

Jubilee + Wolverine
    Monet x Sabretooth
    Synch x Laura

Though the middle one is now non-canon, it had a ton of irony around it when it existed.

Monet x Jubilee being rivals. Jubilee is the more sympathetic overtly heroic one, with Monet being more abrasive, provocative, and attitudinal. Jubilee became close with Wolverine and Monet bonded with Creed. lol And Synch, who used to be her first love is now cozy with Laura, Wolverine's daughter.

Put Husk with Daken and we'll really be cooking. lmao
    This would be juiccyyyy lol

I love Synch and I despise X23, so that's a no-go for me. After all these years, I would have liked to see he and Monet at least check back in with each other. In sliding times it's only been like 3.5 years since he died. In the 20+ real years I have moved on to the Monet/Roberto concept, but Hickman set him up with Deathbird. Monet should have at least had a teary conversation and hug with Ev.

At least render his aura for Goddess's sake!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    EXtreme X-men

Sure, let's skip things, Instead of telling stories

The beginning was so cringey
    Can't wait for the X-Mens version of "How, I Met Your Mother".
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I noted it in another thread.

If Synch & Layra are together, there's a ton of irony there.

We got 3 GenX members who formed close relations with clawed mutants.

Jubilee + Wolverine
    Monet x Sabretooth
    Synch x Laura

Though the middle one is now non-canon, it had a ton of irony around it when it existed.

Monet x Jubilee being rivals. Jubilee is the more sympathetic overtly heroic one, with Monet being more abrasive, provocative, and attitudinal. Jubilee became close with Wolverine and Monet bonded with Creed. lol And Synch, who used to be her first love is now cozy with Laura, Wolverine's daughter.

Put Husk with Daken and we'll really be cooking. lmao
    This ain’t pre-Dark Metal DC , in Marvel , everything has always been canon , so you may be in denial about Monet X Victor , but it still remains to be in continuity

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    This ain’t pre-Dark Metal DC , in Marvel , everything has always been canon , so you may be in denial about Monet X Victor , but it still remains to be in continuity
    I loved Monet x Creed. One of very few pairings I was invested in. But until it's referenced again with some closure given, it's filler, and was written like it was meant to be. Like a lot of stuff during that era.

And everything is definitely not canon given how much contradiction exists, especially with Creed's character.

Examples
    • It was revealed 20 years ago that he never raped Silver Fox, then Loeb' came back & says he did. Which one is true? They both can't be.
    • In his 90's mini series, he had to be shown a picture of Mystique when Graydon ordered him to kill her. When he met her, he joked that she looks just like her picture. So he'd never interacted with the real her prior to Graydon getting them reacquainted. Remender wrote that he met the real her, tried to kill her, then had sex with her. Noting like how their first meeting went in the 90's. Both are not canon.
    • Past Creed was intelligent, dangerous, and skilled. Current Creed is dumb as a box of rocks, unskilled, and a huge jobber. Which characterization is canon? They both can't be. So sadly, we gotta go with the one that's been used the most in the last 18 years. So we can safely say Pre-Chuck Austen Creed is no longer canon.

So you see my point? lol Right now, there's no reason to think Creed x Monet is still canon given how it was written & subsequently dropped.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-26-2021 at 06:20 AM.

I'm here for Laura and Synch. Also i think in this era connections will be more than just how humans interact. As we have seen people and their powers seem to attract each other and get easier to use in tandem. And after 50 years in there i wouldn't be surprised if all three of them come out with some deep connection like what is implied about the 5 and other conduits.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I love this. Miffed that we didn’t get a proper welcome back to life for Synch via his Gen X friends before he was shunted off to the Vault, but this looks like it could be a haunting chapter of the flagship. Love seeing Ev front and center.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Laura belongs to Hellion. Period.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    To be fair with mercury dating bling, I think laura and pixie would have been a fun couple. Or magik..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Yost apparently still ships them.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    If all this gets resolved in time for the Hellfire Gala, I can see these 3 being greeted as heroes of Krakoa upon their return and getting overwhelmingly voted for the new X-Men team by the Krakoans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    To be fair with mercury dating bling, I think laura and pixie would have been a fun couple. Or magik..
    LauraxMagik? That sounds like fun, I can ship that.
    LauraxPixie would be so cute I wouldn't need anything sweet to eat in my life<3
    Would love if some story confirmed Laura as bi.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    If all this gets resolved in time for the Hellfire Gala, I can see these 3 being greeted as heroes of Krakoa upon their return and getting overwhelmingly voted for the new X-Men team by the Krakoans.
    I think it should, Duggan mentioned something about Synch design for Gala on twitter iirc.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 03-26-2021 at 06:46 AM.