Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Another good meal coming up.

Laura and Synch though? As a thing? Hm. Eh.
    King Darwin better get his moment too.
    I noted it in another thread.

If Synch & Layra are together, there's a ton of irony there.

We got 3 GenX members who formed close relations with clawed mutants.

Jubilee + Wolverine
    Monet x Sabretooth
    Synch x Laura

Though the middle one is now non-canon, it had a ton of irony around it when it existed.

Monet x Jubilee being rivals. Jubilee is the more sympathetic overtly heroic one, with Monet being more abrasive, provocative, and attitudinal. Jubilee became close with Wolverine and Monet bonded with Creed. lol And Synch, who used to be her first love is now cozy with Laura, Wolverine's daughter.

Put Husk with Daken and we'll really be cooking. lmao
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-25-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Looks promising. But I'm not feeling the chemistry between Synch and Laura. It just seems too sudden and forced. But I'll wait until I read the whole issue.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I noted it in another thread.

If Synch & Layra are together, there's a ton of irony there.

We got 3 GenX members who formed close relations with clawed mutants.

Jubilee + Wolverine
    Monet x Sabretooth
    Synch x Laura

Though the middle one is now non-canon, it had a ton of irony around it when it existed.

Monet x Jubilee being rivals. Jubilee is the more sympathetic overtly heroic one, with Monet being more abrasive, provocative, and attitudinal. Jubilee became close with Wolverine and Monet bonded with Creed. lol And Synch, who used to be her first love is now cozy with Laura, Wolverine's daughter.

Put Husk with Daken and we'll really be cooking. lmao
    Didn't liu want laura outed as gay and in a relationship with jubilee?

Also they better not use them as a couple as a excuse to sideline her. That happens to often.

I keep geting worryed they do somting stupid
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 03-25-2021 at 02:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Looks promising. But I'm not feeling the chemistry between Synch and Laura. It just seems too sudden and forced. But I'll wait until I read the whole issue.
    "Sudden and Forced" is honestly a pretty good description for everything that's happening in the Krakoa era.

God its been forever I kinda lost interest in this plot if I'm being real.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    God its been forever I kinda lost interest in this plot if I'm being real.
    This is why the vault team should have been launched as the new exiles. It would have really fleshed out the vault and would have been nice.i still think the were ment to but covid screwed them. On the pluss side with marvel moving to penguin and them offering better delivery quality and discounts then the idiots who used were still using windows 95 they might be able to pump out more books faster

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    This is why the vault team should have been launched as the new exiles. It would have really fleshed out the vault and would have been nice.i still think the were ment to but covid screwed them. On the pluss side with marvel moving to penguin and them offering better delivery quality and discounts then the idiots who used were still using windows 95 they might be able to pump out more books faster
    I think a sping off mini could had worked really well here

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Sudden and forced? Weren't they trapped together for centuries in the World/Vault, being together for such a long can lead people to develop feelings or a relationship. I am not opposed to a Synch and Laura relationship but we could all be reading into something that's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Sudden and forced? Weren't they trapped together for centuries in the World/Vault, being together for such a long can lead people to develop feelings or a relationship. I am not opposed to a Synch and Laura relationship but we could all be reading into something that's not there.
    They were, but since we didn't see the development of the ship from the ground up, it is sudden & forced for viewers. It happens a lot.

That can be the issue with time-skips & relationships that are written off as starting in that time that we didn't see the development of.

They did that with Creed x M in Uncanny. I loved the ship, but can admit it was sudden & forced the way it was introduced.

I have no issues with Synch x Laura yet. But it did come out of nowhere, IF there is indeed something more to them.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-25-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    "Sudden and Forced" is honestly a pretty good description for everything that's happening in the Krakoa era.
    Yes, one more case. The problem is how bad Hickman writes Laura

Before people come to me because I wanted more romances with black men, this one didnt started the way I liked romances to start.
    Also Laura is basically same age as Monet, why not Monet then?

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Well we are on the start of the story, not centuries after they were trapped.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Give us the rainbow, Gho!

The only relationship that we've seen between Synch and Laura so far is mild comradery, not sure how that's sudden or forced.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Relax people, they are holding hands, not boning (get it boning-bones-they were skeletons....).
    I think this whole "sudden and forced" commentary seems sudden and forced given we've literally seen next to nothing and they are helping each other heal. Like, for real let's sit back and watch before you jump further down the rabbit hole.

It's a discussion board. Speculation is part of the discussion. We may be wrong, we may be right. But it's all part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Give us the rainbow, Gho!

The only relationship that we've seen between Synch and Laura so far is mild comradery, not sure how that's sudden or forced.
    Well it is hiting on a romance since last issue

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It's a discussion board. Speculation is part of the discussion. We may be wrong, we may be right. But it's all part of it.
    Sure, but people are already getting heated on this idea of a forced relationship over one panel which is silly. If people want to talk how it might have evolved over 50 years, or other ways that are more speculative I think that makes good discourse for sure. Maybe it's like the recent Star-Lord throuple that happened in Guardians?

I just think it's silly to start flipping the table about forced relationships, skipping courtship, and issues dealing with race.