Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    I hope waid follows up on what exactly the us/wakandan forces had been working on that was so sensitive

I agree the response seems over the top. My hunch is there is a reason. Maybe not. Maybe he just made Shuri look like a total B for no reason. It is a good look for her
    Did Daredevil succeed in getting the two nuns back to the US safely, as a conclusion to this? It seems odd the reason why they kidnapped the nuns was never revealed. The whole reason for DD to go to Wakanda was to find out why nuns are such a security risk that they had to be kidnapped. If Matt didn't find out, it would have kept him up at night.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-25-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Mark Waid did it again. I didn't like his run on Garneys Captain America, but I did like his Fantastic Four run, and a few other gems he did since. But this is a mystery that has plagued fans since they first read about Matt Murdochs mother, and never found out what that was all about. Waid puts together a plausible situation in families, but which never gets talked about. It was a stroke of genius to make the mystery so relatable.

As far as the story goes, I have my answers to the questions from the previous post. Shuri is a vicious exploitive monarch with selfish reasons to justify her actions, while the US are delving further and further into the world of "Extant", where the military industrial complex gets to perpetrate injustices on individuals when it becomes too uncomfortable for them. It's becoming a bleaker and bleaker world we live in, and the super heroes are having more value, as the "black hat" changes from being a singular super villain, to being a corporate giant who is taking over the world. The super hero is becoming more relevant all the time but in a different way, when he has to take on the corruption of ultimate power in the hands of all the competing corporations all attacking themselves, and the individual is destroyed in the middle. One only has to look at real life in the Disneys and Marvels, and the DCs and Warners to know these corporations are becoming so big, and everyone who works in them gets absorbed by the company. Who is the super hero then?
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-28-2014 at 04:47 AM.