Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crow (2024)

Default The Crow (2024)

Anyone looking forward to this? I don't know it looks off to me the frist was almost perfect I wish this was just a new crow movie rather then a reboot

https://screenrant.com/the-crow-bill...like-the-joker

Had very low expectations going in and the reveal did nothing for me.

Loathe the tattoos.

Bill Skarsgard is an amazing actor so the actual parts of him as The Crow could be interesting but holy hell does the pre-Crow version of the character look stupid. He went from a goth rock star to some super d bag Machine Gun Kelly or Leto Joker goof. I wonder if he’ll have a “damaged” tattoo on his forehead.

You guys all pretty much covered everything I was going to say.

I’ll just add that I’ve never liked any of the Crow movies aside from the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

I’ll just add that I’ve never liked any of the Crow movies aside from the original.
    Really? I thought they were OK different a step back from original but good popcorn movies I thought the crow salvation is almost as good.

I always thought City of Angels was just pretty to look at, but yeah the OG movie is untouchable.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I liked the Stairway to Heaven TV show

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I liked the Stairway to Heaven TV show
    SyFy used to rerun it all the time back in the day. I can't remember anything about it though.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    SyFy used to rerun it all the time back in the day. I can't remember anything about it though.
    From what I remember the TV show tuned down the violence and use of drugs. It also made Eric more of a standard superhero with a secret identity and a no kill code (lmao). For what it was, it was alright

Extraordinary Member

I liked Lee's OG movie, but was very sad when watching it. The rest don't register with me, and I have no interest in this one.

The director shared an image of the movie with the caption, "Eric Draven's having a bad hair day. Next reboot thanks." In the comments, he expressed further opinions on the images, saying, "I guess he's supposed to be a bad mofo with all those tats and werewolves and skulls on his jacket," and "Samuel Adams! Jesus! He could at least drink something more bad-ass."

Haha it’s rather funny to see that most people are having the same reaction to that character’s look. It’s like they went to a Halloween Store and got a costume for “insufferable douche bag”. It checks all the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Bill Skarsgard is an amazing actor so the actual parts of him as The Crow could be interesting but holy hell does the pre-Crow version of the character look stupid. He went from a goth rock star to some super d bag Machine Gun Kelly or Leto Joker goof. I wonder if he’ll have a “damaged” tattoo on his forehead.
    idk man, the 90's ended more than 20yrs ago. goth rockstars are old, fat & bald now. as far as the tattoos, i see soccer moms with full sleeves regularly. it's not like his tats say "CAW CAW CAW" all over or "resurrected". he just looks like a young dude with shitty tattoos which is very common to see.

anyways i'll reserve judgement. have to remember the original movie wasn't super faithful to the comic but still ended up being awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    idk man, the 90's ended more than 20yrs ago. goth rockstars are old, fat & bald now. as far as the tattoos, i see soccer moms with full sleeves regularly. it's not like his tats say "CAW CAW CAW" all over or "resurrected". he just looks like a young dude with shitty tattoos which is very common to see.

anyways i'll reserve judgement. have to remember the original movie wasn't super faithful to the comic but still ended up being awesome.
    Just my opinion, but I think the comparison is saying that a "goth rockstar" back then was still cooler than what a MGK-type means today, not that he should still be a goth rocker in 2024. But ymmv and yeah - it's just a first impression. We'll see what they do with it.

Proyas should also be a bit more gracious about another director's vision rather than crap all over something based on an image. Just makes him sound petty. If they had copied the look of his movie, would he have crapped on it for being unoriginal?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-02-2024 at 08:03 AM.

I liked the TV show, City of Angels (would love to see the workprint/PPV version some day) and Salvation. I liked Wicked Prayer's score, shame it wasn't used in a better movie.