Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Invincible on Prime

Just saw the first episode of this...It is amazing. The animation, the voice acting, and the faithfulness to the comic (and its gore) are all there.

First episode was good
    Going to wait til the season is over before I binge the rest
    Animation is so hard to do nowadays this quality is poor but makes the gore more impactful

Extraordinary Member

The animation is good and some of the interactions between him and the Father are good. That aside I think it's overly dark and generic. In general bad writing and dialogue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    The animation is good and some of the interactions between him and the Father are good. That aside I think it's overly dark and generic. In general bad writing and dialogue.
    I gotta agree with you there, but I disagree with you on the animation because to me all of the non-fight scenes look like they were animated with adobe flash player.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I gotta agree with you there, but I disagree with you on the animation because to me all of the non-fight scenes look like they were animated with adobe flash player.
    Yeah I mostly meant the fights lol.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I had no idea the Global Guardians were all voiced by current and former Walking Dead cast members. That made me laugh thinking of Kirkman calling them up asking if they wanted to get killed off by him again.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post

I don't see how it's any different than the comic. It was pretty much the same writing, yet I've seen people claim Invincible is the greatest comic book series ever written (Which I completely disagree with)......Invincible is a good series, but overrated. The TV show seems to be at the same level as the comic. If you were expecting more, then my condolences.

It's just a fun storyline due to the unexpected twists, as well as the world-building and characterization. It's nothing deep.

Boisterously Confused

I didn't read Invincible when it came out. This makes me sorry I didn't. (fyi, I'm on ep 2)

This is not just good superhero, it's pretty awesome science fiction. They're hitting all the riffs from both genres.

Oh man...

The ending of the 1st episode was crazy!!!!! I gotta catch the other ones soon. So far I like it

Yup watching and like half way through episode 2.

Yah I'm having fun. The costumes dont pop out to me, very generic... but I never read the comic book, even though Ive seen it on the shelf many times

Haven't formed any real opinions but will definitely keep watching! Glad to see this type of content get created on the amazon platform.

What is the animation company? The style reminds me of another show? Can't place it. Maybe something from Adult Swim?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-28-2021 at 06:35 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I don't see how it's any different than the comic. It was pretty much the same writing, yet I've seen people claim Invincible is the greatest comic book series ever written (Which I completely disagree with)......Invincible is a good series, but overrated. The TV show seems to be at the same level as the comic. If you were expecting more, then my condolences.

It's just a fun storyline due to the unexpected twists, as well as the world-building and characterization. It's nothing deep.
    Yeah I never read the comic. I did like certain parts and will probably watch it again for the action.

Astonishing Member

Having never read the comics and never seen anything about it. I mean I'll watch it. Some of the visceral animated gore maybe stood out a bit after 3 episodes. But, other than that I wasn't exactly mindblown or seeing something that felt just amazingly new to me.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i read the comic a few years ago, overall really great if a little melodramatic on certain parts but it looks good im gonna wait for the series to build up a few episodes

hope they have isotope in it

(i know hes a -super- minor character but still)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

How accurate is this show to the comic? From what I been reading it makes me believe the show is a straight adaption with a handful of changes here and there.