Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    good intro to battlebeast, hope his big fight is a full episode
    If you mean this one then yeah it has to be a full episode. At the very least it has to be most of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I really like Titan. I'd love a show focused on him.

Never read the comcis but Titan and Darkblood are two of the more interesting characters. From what I understand Darkblood was a joke character in the comic and Titan was one dimensional evil.
    I wouldn't say he was one-dimensional but they definitely added more to his character and his appeal to Mark than what we saw in the comic, even if the core of the story was kept intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't say he was one-dimensional but they definitely added more to his character and his appeal to Mark than what we saw in the comic, even if the core of the story was kept intact.
    Ok I might have to go buy the comics. I really like this show. I love FATWS and I think I'm equally excited for both that and this each week.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Think 5 was the best ep so far. Didn't see that twist coming at the end. Damn this dude's Dad is looking more and more evil.
    That was what surprised me the most. Looks like he called Cecile and had the Guardians brought in to help. But he just sat there the entire fight and didn't help. He's for sure evil but seems like he loves his son. If your gonna go through the effort of calling for back up for Mark(I assume Omniman was the one who tipped off the Guardians) why not just help? Probably to teach him a lesson for not taking his advice I guess. But that would of backfired if Mark died

Extraordinary Member

That was what surprised me the most. Looks like he called Cecile and had the Guardians brought in to help. But he just sat there the entire fight and didn't help. He's for sure evil but seems like he loves his son. If your gonna go through the effort of calling for back up for Mark(I assume Omniman was the one who tipped off the Guardians) why not just help? Probably to teach him a lesson for not taking his advice I guess. But that would of backfired if Mark died
    Yeah I kept expecting him to jump in. Battlebeast for sure could have killed Mark. He could have let his son die just to prove a point. Wow Goku is a way better Father lol.

Ok I might have to go buy the comics. I really like this show. I love FATWS and I think I'm equally excited for both that and this each week.
    I don't think you'd be disappointed by the comic .

Just be aware that the series can get downright gory at times.

Also, you might want to brace yourself for Issue 110. I can PM the details if you'd like because I don't want to post too many spoilers up in here but there is a...non-consensual scene in there.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Also, you might want to brace yourself for Issue 110. I can PM the details if you'd like because I don't want to post too many spoilers up in here but there is a...non-consensual scene in there.
    The show jumped into the gore faster than the comic did, so I think it's become a better barometer for what to expect from the series.

Mighty Member

Better wait until you have a day off. I got the first compendium of 48 issues on my kindle and didn’t want to stop lol

I just got caught up on the series and I am liking it so far. Did they release the first 3 episodes first? I was seriously distracted by the sharp drop-off in animation quality starting in ep4 - was that their plan? I was super impressed by the voice talent involved in this show though. (No offense to Goggins, but for some reason, I think Denis Leary would've been better as Cecil.(not knowing anything about the comic books))

I'm definitely interested in seeing where the story goes. Again, I didn't read the comics, so I am enjoying the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I just got caught up on the series and I am liking it so far. Did they release the first 3 episodes first? I was seriously distracted by the sharp drop-off in animation quality starting in ep4 - was that their plan? I was super impressed by the voice talent involved in this show though. (No offense to Goggins, but for some reason, I think Denis Leary would've been better as Cecil.(not knowing anything about the comic books))
    Cecil with a Southern drawl has taken some getting used to, but it's grown on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

I've heard some stuff hinted at by other people but yea I rather go in blind. Thanks though

Question about BattleBeast. Did he intentionally leave those 3 alive? Seemed like he thought he killed Mark,Sampson,and the little girl. But given how the episode ended I assume all 3 will end up being ok. Though Sampsons arm gonna take a minute to heal. Just seems like he's too effective at his job to wrongly assume he killed all 3. So just curious if he got bored and left them alive on purpose or just assumed they would die from they're injuries?

Also only things that scuks about adapting existing story is some people know what's gonna happen. Like I wanna ask and speculate what Robot is up to. But I know some people know the actual answer.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

I've heard some stuff hinted at by other people but yea I rather go in blind. Thanks though

Question about BattleBeast. Did he intentionally leave those 3 alive? Seemed like he thought he killed Mark,Sampson,and the little girl. But given how the episode ended I assume all 3 will end up being ok. Though Sampsons arm gonna take a minute to heal. Just seems like he's too effective at his job to wrongly assume he killed all 3. So just curious if he got bored and left them alive on purpose or just assumed they would die from they're injuries?
    just got bored, that's all his character is really he doesnt have tons of backstory, but similar to titan (who i think even appears less than BB in the comics) the show could end up giving him more motivations

Battlebeast1(1).jpg

this is from the same scene in the comics, shortly before he takes that portal exit
    Earlybattlebeast1.jpg

spoiler(ish?) but not really relevant to the whole of invincible:

tumblr_p7cmz5o6tP1qz5rxno8_1280(1).jpg

Also only things that scuks about adapting existing story is some people know what's gonna happen. Like I wanna ask and speculate what Robot is up to. But I know some people know the actual answer.
    Well I read Invincible around 2005, couple of years after its realese, other than big story twists,turns I don't remember much. There is many issues but the early eps is faithful to the comics. The animation quality is uneven so the art is much better for action,character. What I remember most other than Omni-man violent twist is that Eve,Mark was great power couple early in the comics. I'm not a fan of the slow build in the tv show. Battle Beast is easy to read as honor based, crazy about worthy battles. That's what made Invincible different back then every character wasn't serious superhero villain, important for the story. Kirkman played well with the genres clichés.
    Last edited by Fantomen; 04-20-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Invincible Comics Fans: is this series getting the whole of the story?

I ask because I'm digging the show. I could do without the volume of gore, but the story is as good and epic as anything either of The Big 2 ever did. Is there more to be gained from the source?