Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Invincible Comics Fans: is this series getting the whole of the story?

I ask because I'm digging the show. I could do without the volume of gore, but the story is as good and epic as anything either of The Big 2 ever did. Is there more to be gained from the source?
    They are re-arranging stuff but the core story is pretty much still intact.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The show and the comic are hitting the same story beats for the most part, but in very different ways. They have juggled around some events to happen in the show that don't take place until much latter in the book. Some characters have been gender flipped like Green Ghost and Shrinking Ray or race swapped like Amber, but those aren't huge deals.

How many issues did they cover with season 1?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Omni man for father of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How many issues did they cover with season 1?
    It's kind of difficult to say. They re-arranged a lot of events to happen earlier than they did.

Like the stuff with Sinclair, Titan, Machinehead, Sequid's, Battle Beast, etc. happened after the Omni-Man fight.

I would say they've more or less covered up to the first five or six trades, but might still use stuff they didn't cover in season 2.

Simply amazing can’t wait for season 2

Can someone explain to me what Omni-Man's big plan for world domination was in the first place? Why live on earth as a hero for so long only to start all the killing now? It seems it was motivated by Mark's powers emerging, but ... why? For advanced as their empire is and how powerful Omni-Man is, I'm not sure I get how it was supposed to go, because it clearly got screwed up. Maybe the comics explained it better?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Can someone explain to me what Omni-Man's big plan for world domination was in the first place? Why live on earth as a hero for so long only to start all the killing now? It seems it was motivated by Mark's powers emerging, but ... why? For advanced as their empire is and how powerful Omni-Man is, I'm not sure I get how it was supposed to go, because it clearly got screwed up. Maybe the comics explained it better?
    As I understand it (I haven't read the comics) the plan was

Step 1: Infiltrate
    Step 2: Take out any potential threats
    Step 3: Call the rest of the empire to complete the take over

As Nolan was infiltrating, he grew too attached to Mark and Debbie, and put off the second step. Mark developing his powers lit a fire under him to keep going with the plan

Seems to me if he had decades to figure out how to take out the Guardians of the Globe, attacking them all at once didn't seem like the best idea. He barely got away with it.

Seems to me if he had decades to figure out how to take out the Guardians of the Globe, attacking them all at once didn't seem like the best idea. He barely got away with it.
    He felt pressed for time once Mark exhibited his powers.

The show made it closer than in the comics the comics got beat fairly easy if I remember correctly.

Their plan is simply was to infiltrate the planet and weaken the planet defense for it to be easy to take over. Once he removed the Guardians he took out only real threat

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He felt pressed for time once Mark exhibited his powers.
    Why is that exactly? That didn't make sense to me either. Why not just train Mark like he was doing, and then slowly work him into the plan and indoctrinate him so that he could help.

I think Omni Man can be very volatile. He is also a fascist conqueror with a long life. I think he took a hiatus from his mission as he enjoyed a brief (for him) detour into married life. When Mark shows his powers, he decided to get back to his mission and kill the Guardians to make the Earth vulnerable. He did not see Mark choosing Earth once the truth was revealed.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Considering the original Guardians were taken out so easily by just one Viltrumite, I don't see why Omni-Man had to act prior to the invasion? They also haven't really shown what the downside is to joining the Viltrumite Empire is. He could have kept paying hero and when his people arrived, just convince Earth they were good like him and we should join them. By the time we realized the truth, it'd be too late. Now they have time to prepare.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

They have shown that the Viltrumites look down on any species not them. Earth could join sure but we would all just be their slaves. Allen said his people revolted against them and the Viltrumites destroyed his whole world so we already know how they deal with anyone who opposes them. Plus Nolan said they were spread out very thin across the galaxy so it is not like they can just come in force.