Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Straight and to the point!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:

- Omnipotus!

- Anissa!?

- I don't think any of the party for the Sequid fight actually got infected during it. That's why Eve had the full costume. Though we see them free the guy.

- The Lizard League fight...RIP Shrinking Rae.

- I wonder if we'll get Mark and Eve's first kiss in this batch.

- Expanding on Nolan's time in prison before he meets Allen (who fights Immortal).

- Mark's dialogue definitely sounds like it's from "that" moment.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It is annoying for streamers to not drop shows all at once.
    It is MORE annoying to break up an 8 episode season into 4 parts with months between. Its not 1993 and your show is 26 episodes. The old model just is stupid to frankly not fair.

I've not watched part one yet cause I will not start a season until it is all available.
    Plenty of backlogged fare to see till then that is complete.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It is MORE annoying to break up an 8 episode season into 4 parts with months between. Its not 1993 and your show is 26 episodes. The old model just is stupid to frankly not fair.

I've not watched part one yet cause I will not start a season until it is all available.
    Well, they were gonna drop it all at one, then someone mentioned ad revenue, so they waited for part 2 of season 2 to drop after the ad tier was introduced.

Ads on streamers that the user is already paying for are my newest briar for sure.
    Amazon Prime is $139 annual and you greedy rich a$$es want to gouge for another $3 bucks? WTF? An intro price sure to rise over the years. Probably be $5 by 2030.

The next move will be to shorten the duration a program or season is available to view. Of course, that won’t change if you pay extra for a higher tier plan.
    They sort of run it like an airline. What you got for a regular price ticket before eventually becomes a luxury and the economy is made to suck even harder to make the higher price seat seem that much better.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 02-16-2024 at 11:45 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Mighty Member

I wish they hadn't done that mid-season break. It really killed a lot of the momentum towards the finale. I did enjoyed it overall, especially spoilers:
    the cameos by Josh Keaton as Spider-M...I mean, Agent Spider, Batman, and even the Fortnite rifle. They took a very different approach to the "I thought you were stronger" scene.
    end of spoilers
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

spoilers:
    I feel like the show really improved a lot from the comic here on everything except the moment of the other Eve revealing her feelings scene.

Like in the comics we had multiple issues of Eve being hung up over Mark and clearly conflicted over him being with someone else while in the show past season 1 she never really seemed too bothered by it and she and Mark barely interacted at all outside the Sequid mission.

So it was hard to really feel the idea that Eve had always been in love with Mark and just was never able to be with him. At least to me.

I do like how Mark didn't immediately jump into kissing/being with Eve even with that knowledge, it might mean a smoother and more respectful beginning to the relationship (which they're clearly setting up) and it fit the state of Mark's life at this point. He's just slowly coming to see Eve in a different light now...but he has too much else going on right now.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    The next move will be to shorten the duration a program or season is available to view. Of course, that won’t change if you pay extra for a higher tier plan.
    They sort of run it like an airline. What you got for a regular price ticket before eventually becomes a luxury and the economy is made to suck even harder to make the higher price seat seem that much better.
    I think the next step is going to be a cap on hours

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I wish they hadn't done that mid-season break. It really killed a lot of the momentum towards the finale. I did enjoyed it overall...
    Grade: A-

Which is why I've waited till now to binge it all over the last two days. I have not read a single Invincible comic so my takeaway is that it's highly enjoyable. I've no idea how faithful of an adaption it might be.
    When I watched S1 I thought it was a blend of Superboy and Spider-man but S2 makes me now think it's just a better written Superboy in the modern age. Viltrumites to me are a "planet led by Zod alien race". There were a few times I wanted Mark to have heat vision this season. The superb voice cast on this show is amazing. The Transformer fan in me instantly recognized Peter Cullen(optimus prime) and I like how it is revealed his character is another, first?, Viltrum rebel. The break up with Amber was clearly going to happen, I'm just glad she wasn't "fridged". Likewise the repressed feelings by Even were obvious and I'm guessing that exploration is for S3. I should also think Oliver will age up to sidekick status during S3 and in S4 get older, maybe die of "old age" even.

I'm sure Kirkman has done plenty of interviews on his creation but since I wasn't reading the books they didn't hit my radar. Is the last name Grayson perhaps due to a love of Dick Grayson? Who was essentially a sidekick to a mean tough father figure of a hero. If so is there a comic related reason for use of Mark?

Astonishing Member

Grade: A-

Which is why I've waited till now to binge it all over the last two days. I have not read a single Invincible comic so my takeaway is that it's highly enjoyable. I've no idea how faithful of an adaption it might be.
    When I watched S1 I thought it was a blend of Superboy and Spider-man but S2 makes me now think it's just a better written Superboy in the modern age. Viltrumites to me are a "planet led by Zod alien race". There were a few times I wanted Mark to have heat vision this season. The superb voice cast on this show is amazing. The Transformer fan in me instantly recognized Peter Cullen(optimus prime) and I like how it is revealed his character is another, first?, Viltrum rebel. The break up with Amber was clearly going to happen, I'm just glad she wasn't "fridged". Likewise the repressed feelings by Even were obvious and I'm guessing that exploration is for S3. I should also think Oliver will age up to sidekick status during S3 and in S4 get older, maybe die of "old age" even.

I'm sure Kirkman has done plenty of interviews on his creation but since I wasn't reading the books they didn't hit my radar. Is the last name Grayson perhaps due to a love of Dick Grayson? Who was essentially a sidekick to a mean tough father figure of a hero. If so is there a comic related reason for use of Mark?
    I think Oliver will age up, but then stop rapidly aging due to his Viltrumite genes. I'm guessing he will have an average human lifespan when compared to Mark. I doubt he's dying anytime soon.