Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This movie is getting excellent reviews.

I'm really looking forward to this just because of James Gunn.

He's actually one of the better superhero movie directors around and the movie sounds completely batsh!t funny and crazy.
    I cant wait till Friday. I am first going to see this in theaters then im going to watch it later that day on HBO Max.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Saw this. Was really good. What the heck was this thread doing languishing on page two?
    Probably because many countries are getting it until this weekend.

As far as RT scores goes it's ranked even higher than Gunn's Slither so I'm hyped.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post

As far as RT scores goes it's ranked even higher than Gunn's Slither so I'm hyped.
    As a person who knows quite a few about film from a professional POV, I have personally never cared about RT because I think RT scores are just senseless and have zero credibility in a credible talk about film criticism or artistic acclaim. This is one opinion Martin Scorsese made about RT that I agree with at 300% unlike some of his comic book rants.

Now that been said, I hope SS 2 keeps that high RT score and becomes the highest rated comic film of all time since that will mean many people who once tired to claim black panther was the best comic film of all time and always use RT to defend some comic films that honestly would seen as laughable if you were to put that on a film course criteria, would now have to automatically accept that SS2 is now the best comic film of all time just based alone on the RT of SS 2.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-03-2021 at 02:01 AM.

All the time I was watching it I was thinking "was it really that hard to just make a decent, fun film last time?" That last film was absolutely schizophrenic - this one knows exactly what it is.

Also, really glad James Gunn over whatever the hell funk he was in when he wrote Guardians Of The galaxy vol 2, as it turns out he can pace a story just fine when he tries.

Ultimate Member

Same here.

Some of the humor in the trailer didn’t land for me but after reading the reviews and seeing that RT score, my interest was piqued.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

James Gunn should direct all DC movies now, this was fantastic. Still happy to see a director cut of the 2016 movie but I honestly think the two can coexist just fine. Like First Avenger and Winter Soldier, both of which I enjoyed for different reasons (though this one much more). I especially like the fact that Gunn doesn’t let Quinn steal the show but her role is still well done, definitely her best so far.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 08-03-2021 at 08:36 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    You're literally wrong most of the time...and its no different here as there's zero reason for Reynolds to be worried, it's a done deal that Deadpool 3 is not only getting made but it's an R rated film.
    But it will "just be a Disney R" and that is totaly different and worthless as far as Castle says.

Got to see it early and I absolutely loved it. Favorite DC Films I've seen In a long time. Might be my favorite after TDK period. Too early to say though.

I will say I kinda wish less people died. Won't get into specifics but there were two deaths that got to me and one of them happens early in the movie. Was a bit bummed out but I guess that was the point. Anyway great flick and I hope Gunn does a trilogy. I Don't think he should do all DC Films though. His tone is perfect for Suicide Squad. Not so much the mainstream heroes. But a couple more SS Films for sure. Maybe even a Booster Gold flick one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Got to see it early and I absolutely loved it. Favorite DC Films I've seen In a long time. Might be my favorite after TDK period. Too early to say though.

I will say I kinda wish less people died. Won't get into specifics but there were two deaths that got to me and one of them happens early in the movie. Was a bit bummed out but I guess that was the point. Anyway great flick and I hope Gunn does a trilogy. I Don't think he should do all DC Films though. His tone is perfect for Suicide Squad. Not so much the mainstream heroes. But a couple more SS Films for sure. Maybe even a Booster Gold flick one day.
    spoilers:
    Yeah I was super bumbed that they killed off both Boomerang and Rick too, though I thought the latter for both shock value - I figured he was the only other 'safe' character aside from Harley - and the idea he might be alive snatched away as quickly... but still when deaths happened they felt like none cheapened the characters too much. The bit at the end with the 'survivor' was hilarious. Definitely interested to see Gunn do a sequel and also Peacemaker.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    James Gunn should direct all DC movies now, this was fantastic. Still happy to see a director cut of the 2016 movie but I honestly think the two can coexist just fine. Like First Avenger and Winter Soldier, both of which I enjoyed for different reasons (though this one much more). I especially like the fact that Gunn doesn’t let Quinn steal the show but her role is still well done, definitely her best so far.
    I agree.

He's a much better director than the likes of Zack Snyder or David Ayers.

Although, since he's back at Marvel/Disney i don't think that's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I agree.

He's a much better director than the likes of Zack Snyder or David Ayers.

Although, since he's back at Marvel/Disney i don't think that's happening.
    Never say never. He's doing the Guardians Holiday Special, and Guardians 3, and I think that's it. So unless Disney offers him a new contract, I could see him moving over to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Never say never. He's doing the Guardians Holiday Special, and Guardians 3, and I think that's it. So unless Disney offers him a new contract, I could see him moving over to DC.
    Sony wants Gunn for something, FWIW.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I figure with the X-Men open game they might offer him something there, maybe he'll be ideal on an X-Force project. Otherwise I think the suggestion of Booster Gold for DC is a good one.

Tomorrow night at midnight cant get here soon enough. I am gonna watch it very early Friday morning then go see it in theaters late Friday evening.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Why is this getting review bombed??
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium