Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Unfortunately this is kinda true more or less.
    It's a point nobody can prove yet asserted as a fact.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    And my point is that Ostrander himself is a better judge on whether his run is respected or not. And him being in the film is a clear indication he feels respected.

The rest of your post is irrelevant to that fact.
    So if Ostrander appeared in the first movie you’d be okay with it?

Also didn’t Alan Moore say there was no meaning behind the killing joke and admit he phoned it in? Still a pretty good book IMO. I really don’t care what Ostrander thinks and tbh I doubt he really cares about a movie loosely based on something he did 30 years ago. Like I wouldn’t be that surprised if he didn’t read his run in a long time considering Jack Kirby never read his own work. I haven’t heard anything of him or his opinion on Gunn and I doubt you know him personally. For all you know how could be doing this for a paycheck and that’s fine but even if he did say he likes Gunn’s movie you act like his word is the be all end all. None of this changes the fact Gunn either doesn’t care or doesn’t understand the suicide squad. He looked at the pictures and picked the cool stuff from it. He doesn’t have the political theme or the covert ops idea the original had which was based on the Iranian contra. Instead they’re fighting a big blue cgi starfish just like Ostrander envisioned

Incredible Member

It's a point nobody can prove yet asserted as a fact.
    Okay here is the general synopsis for the first one

decides to assemble a team of dangerous, incarcerated supervillains for a top-secret mission. Now armed with government weapons, Deadshot (Will Smith), Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Captain Boomerang, Killer Croc and other despicable inmates must learn to work together. Dubbed Task Force X, the criminals unite to battle a mysterious and powerful entity, while the diabolical Joker (Jared Leto) launches an evil agenda of his own.
    Remove the last part about joker, swap out Deadshot for Bloodsport and Croc with King Shark what is the actual difference here? They’re still fighting a mysterious cgi monster and still basing it off the mcu GotG. Like how is Starro different from enchantress and her evil monster?

Moreover people have criticized Zack Snyder as being a “teenage boy in a grown man’s body” while unironically laughing at Gunn’s crass teenage humor. They accuse Snyder of making female character generic love interests while Gunn turns them into either generic love interests or a punching bag. People criticized Snyder for saying Batman could’ve been raped in watchmen while ignoring the fact Gunn made an actual prison rape joke in GotG. They say he doesn’t understand Batman or Superman and only looks like Miller’s artwork but ignore how much Gunn changes about the GotG and now the suicide squad and only takes from superficial artwork

Like the suicide squad lineup makes no sense. Why have the polkadot man? What does he even do? Why rescue Harley? What can she do that anyone else can’t do especially savant? What is the point of Ratcatcher 2? Why the hell is Mongal on the suicide squad? Like I don’t know a lot about Mongal but I’d assume she’d be somewhat comparable to her brother in terms of power. Why does TDK even exist? All Gunn thinks of the suicide squad is whacky characters doing whacky stuff and nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Okay here is the general synopsis for the first one

Remove the last part about joker, swap out Deadshot for Bloodsport and Croc with King Shark what is the actual difference here? They’re still fighting a mysterious cgi monster and still basing it off the mcu GotG. Like how is Starro different from enchantress and her evil monster?

Moreover people have criticized Zack Snyder as being a “teenage boy in a grown man’s body” while unironically laughing at Gunn’s crass teenage humor. They accuse Snyder of making female character generic love interests while Gunn turns them into either generic love interests or a punching bag. People criticized Snyder for saying Batman could’ve been raped in watchmen while ignoring the fact Gunn made an actual prison rape joke in GotG. They say he doesn’t understand Batman or Superman and only looks like Miller’s artwork but ignore how much Gunn changes about the GotG and now the suicide squad and only takes from superficial artwork

Like the suicide squad lineup makes no sense. Why have the polkadot man? What does he even do? Why rescue Harley? What can she do that anyone else can’t do especially savant? What is the point of Ratcatcher 2? Why the hell is Mongal on the suicide squad? Like I don’t know a lot about Mongal but I’d assume she’d be somewhat comparable to her brother in terms of power. Why does TDK even exist? All Gunn thinks of the suicide squad is whacky characters doing whacky stuff and nothing more
    Plot synopsis doesn't equal execution of said plot. So you still don't have a point.

It actually really reminds me of the Suicide Squad story where they killed off Grant Morrison. Amanda Waller knew her team was being used as cannon fodder so she recruited a bunch more villains (many of them being not very memorable ones) just in the hopes that maybe somebody on the Squad was survive.

If you're asking why Polkadot man, you might as well ask what sense Captain Boomerang makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    and WB is still going through with BoP2
    Is there any confirmation of this anywhere?

Incredible Member

Plot synopsis doesn't equal execution of said plot. So you still don't have a point.
    Alright in the Ayer Suicide Sqaud they fight an evil cgi monster. In the Gunn suicide squad they fight an evil cgi monster

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It actually really reminds me of the Suicide Squad story where they killed off Grant Morrison. Amanda Waller knew her team was being used as cannon fodder so she recruited a bunch more villains (many of them being not very memorable ones) just in the hopes that maybe somebody on the Squad was survive.

If you're asking why Polkadot man, you might as well ask what sense Captain Boomerang makes.
    Boomerang has survival skills, fought the flash and has numerous gadgets with his boomerangs. Polkadot man throws spots at people

That was also a problem the Ostrander run had near the end of his run was that it started to become obvious who would die or not. He did try to fix that by kill Flagg and having Lawton go crazy but DC quickly undid both after he left

I wonder if Snyder fans are going to be super threatened by this movie. It’s kind of the anti-Snyder team up flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wonder if Snyder fans are going to be super threatened by this movie. It’s kind of the anti-Snyder team up flick.
    Why does every DC movie have to be pro or anti Snyder these days?

There were rumors that the Justice League offs a bunch of the Squad.

With Starro in play, maybe that is true?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There were rumors that the Justice League offs a bunch of the Squad.

With Starro in play, maybe that is true?
    I doubt they're getting Cavill, Affleck, Gadot, and Mamoa for a bit part, so probably not. Unless they do like Shazam and not show Superman and co's faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I doubt they're getting Cavill, Affleck, Gadot, and Mamoa for a bit part, so probably not. Unless they do like Shazam and not show Superman and co's faces.
    ... You realize how perfect Starro is for faceless cameos?

Could be B or C listers, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    ... You realize how perfect Starro is for faceless cameos?
    I do, which is why halfway through my first sentence I thought up the second!
    I was gonna leave it at probably not, then thought maybe...

Could be B or C listers, too.
    Definitely not - you'd have to introduce b and c JLers first, and this film is introducing enough new characters in the Squad.

Wonder if they mention anything from the first movie. Alot of ssme characters but maybe they just treat it how Aquaman treated JL. The smallest of acknowledgments and then movie on. Then first film looked like Ayer made it to fit into the mold visual that Snyder set. Aquaman,Wzw 84, and now this look like complete opposite in every way. See alot of hate in comment section bemused they're are ...... Jokes!... the audacity of a James Gunn movie to be chalked full of Dark humor.