Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    I said Snyder created finger who for decades was left uncredited as the creator of Batman. Even Arkham Knight said “based on character by Bob Kane” and left Finger out
    The policy changed in October 2015. Before that they could legally only credit Kane. Crediting Finger or Kane would never be Snyder’s decision.

BANNED

I don't know what to make of the trailer, I am not into trailers anymore but I will see this film because I am very interested in seeing what a James Gunn comic film is like without the constraint of him being a Marvel director.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wonder if Snyder fans are going to be super threatened by this movie. It’s kind of the anti-Snyder team up flick.
    It kinda is and it kinda isn't on the one hand it has the action-comedy mix-up of Marvel, On the other hand, it is R rated and has supposed maturity and grittiness that comes with it is that Synderlike. This should be the perfect movie to unite comic fanbases but more likely everybody is just going to double on their "side" if it is bad DC fanboys will blame comedy and Gunn, Marvel fanboys will just blame DC for always sucking. If it is good Marvel fanboys will take credit for comedy and Gunn, DC fanboys will take credit for the R rating.

Anyways I saw a comment in earlier about C- D list characters and Gunn wanting to use them because he can twist however he want to which to me is such a silly comment. It is pretty obvious that they are using a bunch of C and D-list characters because the name of the movie is "Suicide" Squad and a bunch of them are going to be dying in the movie. You can't kill Harley Quinn but you can certainly kill whoever Pete Davidson is playing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is there any confirmation of this anywhere?
    No. there is none. Right now the birds of prey franchise is a toss up for WB, they put too much on Harley Quinn's shoulder to carry the film but at the same time, making the movie R Rated was not the best choice. SS 2 is supposed to be R but this is more of an ensemble movie standing on the shoulder of an already commercial successful first film.

Alright in the Ayer Suicide Sqaud they fight an evil cgi monster. In the Gunn suicide squad they fight an evil cgi monster
    That's completely ignoring what I said about execution...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    That's completely ignoring what I said about execution...
    Let me reword it

Many people criticized the first movie for having the suicide squad fight a world ending cgi monster because it is cliche and doesn’t fight the idea of the suicide squad being a black ops government operative with no accountability. In the Ostrander run they fought terrorists and rogue nations not giant monsters. Gunn is doing the exact same thing the first movie tried to do which was make it GotG which is not what the suicide squad were in the Ostrander run. So if Gunn was basing this off Ostrander’s run he either was lying, doesn’t care or doesn’t understand the point of the suicide squad

Hey since gun is a great director maybe he should do the fantastic four or X-men or teen Titans? You’d be up for that?

I don't know about "many people", outside of a small core of fans of the Suicide Squad comics, most viewers didn't know the squad from Black Adam. The problem with the first movie is it wasn't a good movie. I didn't have a problem with the overall plot per se. I had a problem with the villain being a roadshow version of Zuul from Ghostbusters. Among other things.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Let me reword it

Many people criticized the first movie for having the suicide squad fight a world ending cgi monster because it is cliche and doesn’t fight the idea of the suicide squad being a black ops government operative with no accountability. In the Ostrander run they fought terrorists and rogue nations not giant monsters. Gunn is doing the exact same thing the first movie tried to do which was make it GotG which is not what the suicide squad were in the Ostrander run. So if Gunn was basing this off Ostrander’s run he either was lying, doesn’t care or doesn’t understand the point of the suicide squad

Hey since gun is a great director maybe he should do the fantastic four or X-men or teen Titans? You’d be up for that?
    We have no idea if that's what they're doing here, though. So again, your point still isn't a good one. It's impossible to say how I or anyone will feel about a plot we don't even know is gonna happen. And even if it does, it will depend on how it's done. For example, the Squad taking on humans who are being controlled by much smaller versions of Starro would fit. The giant form could be something they're totally unaware exists until the end.

And you're also changing your original argument, which was about Ostrander's run being respected.

As for your last question, sure I'd be up for that.

Incredible Member

Well IMO the biggest problem of the first movie wasn’t the villain or the inconsistent tone or reshoots or waste of Joker. To me the biggest problem was trying so hard to imitate GotG. I don’t see how how doubling down on the GotG copy will improve it

Honestly if more people read the Dan Abnett GotG the movies wouldn’t be positively received. I just don’t think James Gunn is a good actor and is a bad fit for the suicide squad. He just doesn’t seem to respect the source material and treats them like how Whedon treated the justice league during his reshoots

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    We have no idea if that's what they're doing here, though. So again, your point still isn't a good one. It's impossible to say how I or anyone will feel about a plot we don't even know is gonna happen. And even if it does, it will depend on how it's done. For example, the Squad taking on humans who are being controlled by much smaller versions of Starro would fit. The giant form could be something they're totally unaware exists until the end.

And you're also changing your original argument, which was about Ostrander's run being respected.

As for your last question, sure I'd be up for that.
    So why was the first movie criticized for doing the same thing?

I really don’t care if the majority of the movie is fighting terrorists or whatever it still ends up as a save the world from a cgi monster.

I didn’t change anything. I think that Gunn either doesn’t care or doesn’t understand the Ostrander run considering he mocks it. I don’t care if Ostrander has a 10 second cameo he doesn’t have any say in how the movie turns out or know what it’ll end up being like. He didn’t understand the core idea of the original series which was about corrupt government agencies hiding things from the public. Fighting a cgi monster is as cliche as you can get. Gunn has done 3 comic book movies at the moment the first one was a straight up parody of superheroes and the second 2 basically mock comic book characters they’re based on. What makes you think he respects comic characters?

Well if he did do a F4 movie get ready for a lot of dick jokes about Mr Fantastic

Btw you said earlier than GotG ends on a positive note showing heroism. It’s then followed by star lord asking “should we do some good or bad or little both?” Yeah real hero. Doesn’t change the fact he turned star lord from a badass space commando to a whiny man child

Well IMO the biggest problem of the first movie wasn’t the villain or the inconsistent tone or reshoots or waste of Joker. To me the biggest problem was trying so hard to imitate GotG. I don’t see how how doubling down on the GotG copy will improve it

Honestly if more people read the Dan Abnett GotG the movies wouldn’t be positively received. I just don’t think James Gunn is a good actor and is a bad fit for the suicide squad. He just doesn’t seem to respect the source material and treats them like how Whedon treated the justice league during his reshoots
    This is silly. Most movie goers don't read comics. They took GOTG on it's on terms and loved it. As they should. How is a Rotten Tomatoes score of 92% not positive? I am sure the poorer response to the first Suicide Squad had to do with it not being good. Now I admit it made a boat load of money, but even it's fans admit it was fun but not great.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

So why was the first movie criticized for doing the same thing?

I really don’t care if the majority of the movie is fighting terrorists or whatever it still ends up as a save the world from a cgi monster.

I didn’t change anything. I think that Gunn either doesn’t care or doesn’t understand the Ostrander run considering he mocks it. I don’t care if Ostrander has a 10 second cameo he doesn’t have any say in how the movie turns out or know what it’ll end up being like. He didn’t understand the core idea of the original series which was about corrupt government agencies hiding things from the public. Fighting a cgi monster is as cliche as you can get. Gunn has done 3 comic book movies at the moment the first one was a straight up parody of superheroes and the second 2 basically mock comic book characters they’re based on. What makes you think he respects comic characters?

Well if he did do a F4 movie get ready for a lot of dick jokes about Mr Fantastic

Btw you said earlier than GotG ends on a positive note showing heroism. It’s then followed by star lord asking “should we do some good or bad or little both?” Yeah real hero. Doesn’t change the fact he turned star lord from a badass space commando to a whiny man child
    1. I already answered that. It's all about the execution of said plot. The first film was done poorly. It's really just that simple.

2. Well as I said, if Ostrander doesn't feel disrespected, who am I (or you) to say differently?

3. That's just your own bias against the director.

4. That final line doesn't erase the good we actually see them do. You said they weren't shown as heroic, which is blatantly false.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This is silly. Most movie goers don't read comics. They took GOTG on it's on terms and loved it. As they should. How is a Rotten Tomatoes score of 92% not positive? I am sure the poorer response to the first Suicide Squad had to do with it not being good. Now I admit it made a boat load of money, but even it's fans admit it was fun but not great.
    And if they did they’d hate the movie. Every casual who thinks they know everything about Batman because they skimmed through Wikipedia and watched the 2 seasons of the animated series when they were 12 were outraged when Batman killed in BvS. GotG was nothing like the comics. Star lord was a man child idiot, Drax was a moron, gamora was a generic love interest, rocket was Gunn’s self insert character and groot was just a “puppy dog” Pixar character. I’m saying if people knew these characters they’d hate the movie. Unfortunately marvel has now taken to copying the movie for the comics

And one reason suicide squad was bad was because it tried to copy GotG when it wasn’t a good fit. The secret six are a better fit for that than the suicide squad

Also Gunn has the humor of a 13 year old boy

Incredible Member

1. Alright then. I have little faith Gunn can execute suicide squad better

2. So you’ve asked John Ostrander if he feels disrespected? Again you don’t know why he’s making a cameo or if he even care about a comic book he wrote 30 years ago. It’s still irrelevant to whether or not Gunn respects or understands the source material. Like so many people say Snyder didn’t get watchmen because Moore disapproved it even though he never watched the movie. He was just against the very idea of his book getting adapted

3. Yeah just like how you’re biased toward Gunn

4. So they do one good thing and that redeems them? Doesn’t change the fact Gunn mocks superheroes throughout it and is the reluctant hero trope

And if they did they’d hate the movie. Every casual who thinks they know everything about Batman because they skimmed through Wikipedia and watched the 2 seasons of the animated series when they were 12 were outraged when Batman killed in BvS. GotG was nothing like the comics. Star lord was a man child idiot, Drax was a moron, gamora was a generic love interest, rocket was Gunn’s self insert character and groot was just a “puppy dog” Pixar character. I’m saying if people knew these characters they’d hate the movie. Unfortunately marvel has now taken to copying the movie for the comics

And one reason suicide squad was bad was because it tried to copy GotG when it wasn’t a good fit. The secret six are a better fit for that than the suicide squad

Also Gunn has the humor of a 13 year old boy
    You make generalized statements that aren't based on anything more than a few internet postings about what 'People think". I get it, you hate GOTG and Gunn. People didn't, they loved it. I disliked Joker, others didn't. Itsallgood.

So not dismissing this Suicide Squad movie as already a failure is being biased toward Gunn?!?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-27-2021 at 09:24 AM.