Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Between what is in blue and what you are leaving out?(assuming you are leaving it out because you don't actually even know of it's existence...)

It's getting harder and harder to take you opinion of the guy's work even remotely seriously.
    Most of the rest of us stopped taking his opinion seriously about 5 "everything Marvel does is horrible" topics ago.

Did people here generally like the first Suicide Squad. I thought it was weak. Liked Harley and Deadshot, hated a lot of the rest, especially Leto's Joker and the evil demon villain.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-29-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Look...

All I'm trying to say is, If you intend on playing the "I Am An Aspiring Writer..."/"I Know Film!..." card?

You had better be able to beat me on the draw when it comes to coming up with what James Gunn work Cecil B. Demented uh, feels a whole lot like(just the nicest way of saying that...)

(And I Truly Love Cecil B. Demented...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Did people here generally like the first Suicide Squad. I thought it was weak. Liked Harley and Deadshot, hated a lot of the rest, especially Leto's Joker and the evil demon villain.
    Considering all of the "Hey, Look Over There!..." lifts that it tried to sneak by the viewer?

Brilliant flick.

Mighty Member

I told someone the next day it was so bad it was good.

It's not the best movie ever made but I think it's good funny and at least entertaining all problems aside.

Extraordinary Member

Found it entertaining just thought it should have been zombies instead of match heads or whatever they were.

If there’s one thing the trailer accomplished it’s made me add a lot more Steely Dan to my Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If there’s one thing the trailer accomplished it’s made me add a lot more Steely Dan to my Spotify
    This thread just keeps on making me want to ask it if it(as a whole...) is intentionally pulling my leg...

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I believe in Dr Gori and James Gunn. There's a frigging John Ostrander cameo in the trailer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol GOTG is one of the greatest directors of all times favorite CBM. Spielberg loves GOTG and puts it above these suppsoed better films. So anyone saying they are proving or showing objectively anything about Gunns films are silly. BTW I love GOTG vol 2. The story isn't as good as the first, it's a smaller story somehow but more scattershot at the same time. But the character work is better imo. It's one of three CBMs that got a tear out of me at the end with Yondu.(Endgame and Logan being the other 2) and the scene where Gunn used Mantis to show what Drax is feeling on the inside were especially well done imo. Does suck though even when you block someone on here you still have to see the same regurgitated posts when people quote them.. Anyway super excited for this film. Hope the 2nd trailer focuses on the action since this one was all comedy and character interactions. Also on the part of people criticizing Gunn writing. He wrote Zach Snyders best film
    I love the movie too. The scene with Gamora and Nebula was another one well done. So sad and horrifying but great character work.
    And that is true for all of the Guardians with the possible exception of Groot.

This thread just keeps on making me want to ask it if it(as a whole...) is intentionally pulling my leg...
    Apparently I’m not the only one.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/s...rk-1234939275/

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    (Shakes His Head At The Whole Darn Internet...)

It's not even like we're asking folks to cough up the name of the guy that sang the "Pina Colada" tune(which would actually be "Escape(The Pina Colada Song)"...)

(Shakes His Head At The Whole Darn Internet...)

It's not even like we're asking folks to cough up the name of the guy that sang the "Pina Colada" tune(which would actually be "Escape(The Pina Colada Song)"...)
    Are you saying that because you feel people should already know Steely Dan music? I was already a fan (kind of just their most famous stuff). But “Dirty Work” is just a bit more fun after the trailer.

What about Slipknot, the man who can climb anything?