Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    this suicide squad movie should do extremely well for dc. far better than the first. gunn with its mixture of action and humor with king shark and weasal likely the standout from the cg villains.

If THE SUICIDE SQUAD makes as much worldwide as SUICIDE SQUAD made (746.8 million), Warner Bros. will be laughing all the way to the bank. No American movie released in 2021 has yet reached those kind of numbers. THE SUICIDE SQUAD is sure to make a lot of money but can it make that much in theatres--especially if it's available on streaming same day and date?

Ultimate Member

This movie is getting excellent reviews.

I'm really looking forward to this just because of James Gunn.

He's actually one of the better superhero movie directors around and the movie sounds completely batsh!t funny and crazy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I'm really looking forward to this just because of James Gunn.

He's actually one of the better superhero movie directors around and the movie sounds completely batsh!t funny and crazy.
    Yes, that is what most of the reviews are saying, Since I am actually reading them to get more substance beyond a tomato number or twitter reactions but I am not surprised, this movie is still in the DC made mentality of trying to be funny and crazy as all the reviews are saying, while I don't mind that and will even praise James Gunn, because this is a film that may actually be the most creative done as he himself has already admitted. I still think this style of batshit, funny and crazy won't mean much to DC in the future. The Batman I feel will be their next prestigious film since Joker , However SS 2 will just keep them busy for now before The Batman.

I am also sure Ryan Reynolds will be watching this movie with a lot to worry about in Deapool ''R Rated'' 3 because from what I am reading from this reviews unlike Birds of Prey, SS2 R seems to be worth it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Yes, that is what most of the reviews are saying, Since I am actually reading them to get more substance beyond a tomato number or twitter reactions but I am not surprised, this movie is still in the DC made mentality of trying to be funny and crazy as all the reviews are saying, while I don't mind that and will even praise James Gunn, because this is a film that may actually be the most creative done as he himself has already admitted. I still think this style of batshit, funny and crazy won't mean much to DC in the future. The Batman I feel will be their next prestigious film since Joker , However SS 2 will just keep them busy for now before The Batman.

I am also sure Ryan Reynolds will be watching this movie with a lot to worry about in Deapool ''R Rated'' 3 because from what I am reading from this reviews unlike Birds of Prey, SS2 R seems to be worth it.
    DC/WB is making all kinds of superhero movies. The Batman will be one of them.

They are not going to focus on a single type of superhero movie and that’s good for them. Between Shazam 2, Aquaman, Black Adam and this, they’re simply making different types of superhero movies.

And R-rating is an R-rating, it just depends on what the film makers want to do. If Ryan Reynolds and the producers of Deadpool 3 have the go ahead to do an R-rated Deadpool then they will make the movie they want. So far the movie isn’t going into NC-17 territory, then I don’t think Reynolds has any worries.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-28-2021 at 12:50 PM.

It's amazing how your thoughts on this film, specifically about it being "funny and crazy" and your opinion on James Gunn, has done a complete 180.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    It's amazing how your thoughts on this film, specifically about it being "funny and crazy" and your opinion on James Gunn, has done a complete 180.
    No it has not.to be sure, they are consistent.

1. I am still not all hyped up about funny crazy comic book movies, although I don't mind them as long as there is a good or bigger balance with other films.

2. My feeling on James Gunn are very consistent. see this thread

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Director/page2

No it has not.to be sure, they are consistent.

1. I am still not all hyped up about funny crazy comic book movies, although I don't mind them as long as there is a good or bigger balance with other films.

2. My feeling on James Gunn are very consistent. see this thread

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Director/page2
    I'm referring to your comments in this very topic, actually. Anyone can go back and read them for themselves.

BANNED

DC/WB is making all kinds of superhero movies. The Batman will be one of them.

They are not going to focus on a single type of superhero movie and that’s good for them. Between Shazam 2, Aquaman, Black Adam and this, they’re simply making different types of superhero movies.
    Yes and that is a good thing, that DC is going in this way. making different movies. I just feel so happy for DC, First with the Snyder Cut that was all Snyder and now this. obviously both seem to be very different films but the creative artistic edge seem to shining brightly and that is what matters in the end. that is what I have always championed for the comic book genre.

And R-rating is an R-rating, it just depends on what the film makers want to do.
    This is a technicality, not a practicality and I hope that when more see the film, they may confirm why this was a better needed R than Birds of Prey.

If Ryan Reynolds and the producers of Deadpool 3 have the go ahead to do an R-rated Deadpool then they will make the movie they want. So far the movie isn’t going into NC-17 territory, then I don’t think Reynolds has any worries
    Not with Disney, they wont. LOL.

Nah, I think Reynolds is going to be worried, very worried. All my film instincts are already telling me so, and many times they are never wrong in the end since the reality is , The R Comics films are here to stay and no doubt Reynolds would still have wanted to be on top in this area.
    Last edited by Castle; 07-28-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Yes and that is a good thing, that DC is going in this way. making different movies. I just feel so happy for DC, First with the Snyder Cut that was all Snyder and now this. obviously both seem to be very different films but the creative artistic edge seem to shining brightly and that is what matters in the end. that is what I have always championed for the comic book genre.

This is a technicality, not a practicality and I hope that when more see the film, they may confirm why this was a better needed R than Birds of Prey.

Nah, I think Reynolds is going to be worried, very worried. All my film instincts are already telling me so, and many times they are never wrong in the end since the reality is , The R Comics films are here to stay and no doubt Reynolds would still have wanted to be on top in this area.
    You're literally wrong most of the time...and its no different here as there's zero reason for Reynolds to be worried, it's a done deal that Deadpool 3 is not only getting made but it's an R rated film.

Ultimate Member

Fair enough.

You need to explain this better. I legit don't understand.

This is just speculation though. If Reynolds has been given the go-ahead to do an R-rated movie then I suspect they won't hold back.

The worst that could happen is that it'll be released under the Fox banner and not the Disney banner. Disney used to produce a lot of R-rated stuff just not under the Disney banner.

Disagree with the bolded. Aquaman was basically an MCU movie in the DCEU, Shazam 2 won't be dark. Yes, The Batman will be, but that doesn't mean DC is going all in on a dark and gritty trajectory for their movies. I think they're going the opposite way of the MCU - while Marvel kind of shares a quippy action comedy tone among all their films, I don't think DC is going to share a tone. Some movies will be light, some dark, some PG13, some R. Variety seems to be their plan (more just throwing it at the wall to see what sticks than anything else, but I'll take it - variety is good)..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Disagree with the bolded. Aquaman was basically an MCU movie in the DCEU, Shazam 2 won't be dark. Yes, The Batman will be, but that doesn't mean DC is going all in on a dark and gritty trajectory for their movies. I think they're going the opposite way of the MCU - while Marvel kind of shares a quippy action comedy tone among all their films, I don't think DC is going to share a tone. Some movies will be light, some dark, some PG13, some R. Variety seems to be their plan (more just throwing it at the wall to see what sticks than anything else, but I'll take it - variety is good)..
    I have chosen not to dwell much on the word, dark or gritty anymore, as right now those words have become way too poisoned and misinterpreted with comics. I just see some movies now more as having stories that go where it is needed and thinking outside and above the box of the most generic interpretation of comic books.

With Aquaman 2 , the director has said it will be heavier than the first film. so I dont see the sequel been a mcu film. Also while the story or tone may have been like an MCU film. the VFX visual style of Aquaman was way above anything MCU has ever done and that is a very important part of comic book film making that carries heavy points to the overall quality of the film.

Shazam is not a film series I am really invested in, but DC can just keep the series around because it does give the variety.

However we can agree that DC has variety, Also I don't really like the .... throwing to see what sticks POV, it makes WB look extremely disorganized more than they actually are or were. WB deserves more credit than that because wanting to focus more on stand alone films with different tones and more director's or artist made approach as we will be seeing with the Matt Reeves The Batman or Michael B Jordan Superman is the opposite direction of just throwing things around to see what sticks.

I always felt that criticism of throwing things around to see what stick was more truthful or accurate to the Fox X-MEN films before the Disney buy out.
    Last edited by Castle; 07-28-2021 at 04:14 PM.

Fantastic Member

WB must have paid off the critics.....

This is satire in case anyone thought I was actually being serious.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    WB must have paid off the critics.....

This is satire in case anyone thought I was actually being serious.
    this never ending conspiracy that has been levelled at Marvel buying goodwill and critics would be more applicable to WB now, since they own RT lmao! but I hope ppl would not be so predictable.

Saw this. Was really good. What the heck was this thread doing languishing on page two?