Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I figure with the X-Men open game they might offer him something there, maybe he'll be ideal on an X-Force project. Otherwise I think the suggestion of Booster Gold for DC is a good one.
    I don't think he will be a good fit for X-MEN at all, anymore than he will be a good fit for a Batman film. he seems to know a particular style of comic films, although with SS2, he comes off much happier because he got more freedom.

X-Force is a film I have been thinking about because marvel and DC do have some kind repour with each other.

There would be no Captain America Civil War if there was no Batman vs Superman and there would have been no captain marvel if there was no wonder woman and no doubt spiderman no way home and the flash movie were made to respond to eachother.

However marvel now I think have reached an end with the repour on this one. they just will not be able to respond to SS 2 even if x-force would have been a good answer but you need to make X-Force an R film and also find a way to tone down the comedy and humor even if Deadpool is in the movie, which is something Gunn does not know how to do but even if there is no Gunn on X-Force, Marvel just cannot make any more R film apart from Deadpool 3. Something Gunn seem to have used well in SS2 (The R Rating)
    Last edited by Castle; 08-05-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Why is this getting review bombed??
    It's the "restore the snyderverse" crowd.

They are pretty much review bombing every big WB movie until they get what they want.

They should be asking WB to handle more DCEU properties. He's proven to be a better director than Zack Snyder or David Ayers.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-05-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Ultimate Member

Meanwhile, there seems to be more calls to "restore the Ayers cut" of Suicide Squad. Honestly, I don't know why people are so obsessed with stuff like this.

If film makers can't condense their movies into a coherent, sensible, maximum 2hr 30 minute run time, then said film makers really need to re-examine their techniques. These directors already know that they're not going to release 4 hr assembly cuts into theatres so why not keep the film making process as tight as possible?

And worse still, said Directors' cut doesn't always improve the movies. IMO, the directors cut of BvS was only marginally better and the extended JL cut was also very bloated and flawed (albeit an improvement over the theatrical version) and didn't even perform all that well on HBO Max. What really is the point of all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    They should be asking WB to handle more DCEU properties. He's proven to be a better director than Zack Snyder or David Ayers.
    Agreed. I do like both Snyder and Ayer but Gunn is just amazing.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Meanwhile, there seems to be more calls to "restore the Ayers cut" of Suicide Squad. Honestly, I don't know why people are so obsessed with stuff like this.

If film makers can't condense their movies into a coherent, sensible, maximum 2hr 30 minute run time, then said film makers really need to re-examine their techniques. These directors already know that they're not going to release 4 hr assembly cuts into theatres so why not keep the film making process as tight as possible?

And worse still, said Directors' cut doesn't always improve the movies. IMO, the directors cut of BvS was only marginally better and the extended JL cut was also very bloated and flawed (albeit an improvement over the theatrical version) and didn't even perform all that well on HBO Max. What really is the point of all this?
    To be fair Ayer's complaints are not that he wanted the movie to be longer, he claims that the theatrical cut isn't anything like what he intended the film to be. Apparently he didn't want to include a single pop song whereas the finished movie has a pop song in almost every scene. He didn't want so many jokes in it, his version was more focused on the characters, and so on.

It's a poorly kept secret that the theatrical cut was edited by a trailer company based on the success of the Bohemian Rhapsody trailer through mandate of Warner and Ayer had no say at all.

This comic con first look gives a glimpse at how his movie would have been like:

I actually would have preferred to see Ayer's version of Suicide Squad to Snyder's JL as I believe it would actually be a different film and not just the same movie with two hours more runtime, less jokes and uglier color grading.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

Restore the Ayer Cut has always been a thing. I think this is just more creative freedom push driving every kind of DC fan. than a fanbase going after another fanbase, the reviewing bombing of SS2 are not Snyder fanbase or Ayer fanbase, there is a no big evidence of this. it feels as if it is more of the anti-woke crowd who just do that to many films from Captain Marvel to Last Jedi. I saw Grace Randolph already calling some of them out on twitter of saying the movie is woke.

Lastly there is no proof Gunn is a better director than Ayer or Snyder, Even reading the SS2 reviews, the reviews mostly talk about how much fun and a blast the film is, which is still in the common comic films review range and clearly, seems to be the type of films this critics want from DC films. However it does not seem to be garnering the more artistic grandeur acclaim of the Snyder Cut where the film making is put to the last best test and mostly succeed.

SS2 seems to be heading on the path of Shazam but just with R and a far edgier appeal. which there is nothing wrong with, DC is good at variety, however It is still obvious down the line, DC films like The Joker, TDK, The Snyder Cut and hope to hope The Batman will still be their Highmark ''art-house'' style movies and what DC are going to put more serious focus on.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-05-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Jesus, I just can't with some of these Snyder fans.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Jesus, I just can't with some of these Snyder fans.
    It's best to take their postings just like Snyder's movies. As unintentional comedy both work pretty well.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Restore the Ayer Cut has always been a thing. I think this is just more creative freedom push driving every kind of DC fan. than a fanbase going after another fanbase, the reviewing bombing of SS2 are not Snyder fanbase or Ayer fanbase, there is a no big evidence of this. it feels as if it is more of the anti-woke crowd who just do that to many films from Captain Marvel to Last Jedi. I saw Grace Randolph already calling some of them out on twitter of saying the movie is woke.

Lastly there is no proof Gunn is a better director than Ayer or Snyder, Even reading the SS2 reviews, the reviews mostly talk about how much fun and a blast the film is, which is still in the common comic films review range and clearly, seems to be the type of films this critics want from DC films. However it does not seem to be garnering the more artistic grandeur acclaim of the Snyder Cut where the film making is put to the last best test and mostly succeed.

SS2 seems to be heading on the path of Shazam but just with R and a far edgier appeal. which there is nothing wrong with, DC is good at variety, however It is still obvious down the line, DC films like The Joker, TDK, The Snyder Cut and hope to hope The Batman will still be their Highmark ''art-house'' style movies and what DC are going to put more serious focus on.
    It's the restore the Snyder cut crew.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/257...-review-bombed

Suicide Squad is getting better views than the Snyder Cut across the board. I haven't seen it yet but based on their previous work i.e Snyder and Gunn I won't be surprised that SS is better. Unlike Snyder, Gunn hasn't made any clunkers like BvS or Sucker Punch. Even Army of the Dead was a total clunker.

As per superhero movies, Gunn has made better movies. Snyder hasn't even made a movie as good as the first GoTG (the second GoTG wasn't as good as the first one but it wasn't a bad movie).
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-05-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    It's best to take their postings just like Snyder's movies. As unintentional comedy both work pretty well.
    Quoted for truth.

This is basically the movie we all expected the first to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This is basically the movie we all expected the first to be.
    That is what I want to hear
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Ultimate Member

Excellent movie overall. Some complaints, but not many.

I am kinda concerned that, given how well the movie has been received, that we'll see a return of Will Smith's Deadshot and losing us the more interesting Bloodsport

I pretty much knew who was going to die going in, but one death still hit me hard.

King Shark looked phenomenal. He was a real treat throughout the whole movie.

Loved that all of the members of the Squad (and even the support staff!) had a chance to shine.

Never thought I'd see Starro in a major motion picture, and I'd never have expected him to turn out so well.

Possibly one of the best of the DCU movies to come out.

Another thought- Peter Capaldi was a better Thinker for 2 hours than that crap we got in The Flash for an entire season.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 08-05-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

Just watched the movie and while I was scratching my head with one or two hands at times (but to be honest I've been doing that with the last several DC/Marvel movies I remember) I decided I really liked it. I don't see a spoilers thread, so just to be sure.

spoilers:
    From promotional stuff I was hoping Ratcatcher would take center stage or be really important and Gunn 100% delivered on my expectations. I know he started as a Troma/horror guy so I hope he's a Willard/Ben fan.

For that matter, Gunn really let his Slither flag fly high during the final fight.
    end of spoilers