Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I know everyone's going to complain that there are jokes in the trailer, but I think people forget that the first Suicide Squad had plenty of humor in it too.

The entire Squad got together to prank Boomerbutt, when he was pretending to be Mirror Master. There was a secret pie-man, Punch and Jewelee long before Joker and Harley and countless others.

Because John O did what Snyder always refuses to do, pull back. As grim as the series was, there was still deliberate humor and hopeful spots.
    right because Snyder movies have no humor at all

And Gunn doesn't know what grimace is. Everything is a joke. TBH I doubt he even likes superheroes given how much he mocks them

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    right because Snyder movies have no humor at all

And Gunn doesn't know what grimace is. Everything is a joke. TBH I doubt he even likes superheroes given how much he mocks them
    It's clear James Gunn likes super heroes. The Guardian films are pretty good. I don't seen an issue with having some fun and humor and super hero movies. Not every character or comic book film needs to be like Batman and be super serious, dark, gritty. Being serious and gritty doesn't make the film good by default (look at Batman VS Superman). Suicide Squad should be weird and humorous. You really think people would take a dark, humorless, gritty version with say King Shark, Weasel, and Starro serious?
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 03-26-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Is invisibility a new power for Peacemaker or did Gunn just shoehorn that in to make a point?

I figured when Cena was announced, he would be voice-acting King Shark.

Looks fun still.

HWR posted a story a few months ago that they ordered, "a whole factory line of assorted realistic colored dildos."

Is Peacemaker gonna eat them!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    It's clear James Gunn likes super heroes. The Guardian films are pretty good. I don't seen an issue with having some fun and humor and super hero movies. Not every character or comic book film needs to be like Batman and be super serious, dark, gritty. Being serious and gritty doesn't make the film good by default (look at Batman VS Superman). Suicide Squad should be weird and humorous. You really think people would take a dark, humorless, gritty version with say King Shark, Weasel, and Starro serious?
    Is that why all he does is mock them?

GotG also mocks the characters. I didnt say they were bad you are putting words in my mouth. However Star Lord went from a straight forward space commando to a man child Han Solo rip off. Drax went from an efficient killer to a big dumb guy. Rocket went from a brilliant tactician to Gunn's self insert character. Groot went from being relatively smart to a puppy dog. Mantis went from a badass and powerful to being called ugly for no reason. Gamora went from a sedative killer to Star Lord's girlfriend. All he did was mock superheroes in general. Like imagine him making a Fantastic Four or XMen movie and having Reed Richards or Scott Summers saying "I may be an ******* but im not a dick"

Neither does making a film a silly mean it is good by default. Moreover it isn't black and white or one extreme or another. TDKT had humor, BVS had humor, JLSC has humor etc. The original suicide squad was pretty gritty and yeah there were some jokes but it wasn't over the top. If Gunn really did base this on the Ostrander run then he'd keep the gritty and edge. You act like this is a one or the other situation

Extraordinary Member

Luvin Yondu's new look! Wow GOTG 3 is gonna be great! Not sure why they recast everybody tho but I'm not mad.

Astonishing Member

[IMG][/IMG]
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I was just coming in to say that it's funny all this talk about respect (or lack of) for John Ostrander and he's actually in the film lol

I did not know about John Ostrander's acting career .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I was just coming in to say that it's funny all this talk about respect (or lack of) for John Ostrander and he's actually in the film lol
    And yet Snyder credited Bill Finger as the creator of Batman but people thought he didn’t respect Batman. If Gunn likes superheroes why does all he do is mock them and make d*** jokes?

Astonishing Member

Sylvester Stallone is King Shark.

Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 03-26-2021 at 02:47 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    And yet Snyder credited Bill Finger as the creator of Batman but people thought he didn’t respect Batman. If Gunn likes superheroes why does all he do is mock them and make d*** jokes?
    This isn't a credit, though. This is the actual person who's work this is based on giving their "thumbs up." So that's a very bad comparison.

And he's not mocking them. That's your incorrect interpretation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I love things like this.

Kudos to James Gunn for this. For all the talk of superhero movies, without guys like Ostrander and various other creators we really wouldn’t have anything of the sort.
    Last edited by Username taken; 03-26-2021 at 03:46 PM.

I'm still iffy since I didn't bother with the first SS movie, but damn, Starro!!!!!

Starro was quite an amazing reveal!

Thats the best Sly Stallone has looked in a movie since the Rocky I days
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this trailer. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.